Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The [fictional] Shadowland's most loved and hated
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
martindv
That does suck.

I was never one for the one-shot posters, so I'm pretty happy with the current arrangement in Jackpoint.

If they are going to be around, someone should consider making bios for them on the Sixth World Wiki.
Fortune
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite)
... I have a copy of the ridiculous Excel file on my computer ...

Can I get a copy?
Kagetenshi
This is what LaTeX is for smile.gif

~J
Moon-Hawk
QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
This is what LaTeX is for smile.gif

~J

You know, I could google that to try to figure out what you're talking about, but I don't think it would end well. wink.gif
martindv
It's a very useful markup language.

LaTeX
Jeremiah Legacy
Back to the question at hand,

I agree about SPD, The Laughing Man and The Big D, but I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Socio Pat.
Snow_Fox
I'm not sure when SPD droppedo ut but The Big D at least went off in style.
fistandantilus4.0
Random one, but : Bourbon from Target:Smuggler Havens.

Reason - the tone and the personality matched perfectly with a PC in our games named Bourbon who happened to be running in New Orleans and working with Don Kozlowski (whom the shadow talk was about). It just all fit so nicely.

I liked the old Slamm-o better than the new Slamm-o for what it's worth.

Hates: Fortune. biggrin.gif

Loved: Occassional random apperances from Frosty and Renny. Also liked the interplay between Wordsmyth and Co. when it came up.
Fortune
QUOTE (fistandantilus3.0 @ Jan 18 2008, 09:03 AM)
Hates: Fortune.

Yeah yeah! You probably don't even know which book contains my single illustrious appearance. nyahnyah.gif

I have another mention in canon under my real name (Dunkleberry's Will), but that doesn't really count as shadowtalk. biggrin.gif
Jack Spartan
My favorite is Argent. Not only were his comments usually very level-headed and full of good advice, but I played SR3 with him for quite some time a few years back . . .

The original Argent was an elven fixer played by a friend of mine named Tony back in the SR1 and SR2 days. I haven't heard from him since he moved back to Oklahoma from Florida, but his commentary in person was a lot like Argent's in the books. I don't know how the authors shared the posters from book to book, but they nailed his personality.

Hope all's well, Tony!
Angelone
Hatchetman was my definate favorite.

Others I liked were Tish Bite, Smiling Bandit, Kane, Gingerbread Man, Laughing Man, Smiley, Nightfire, Lone Gunman, and another decker whose handle I can't quite remember something like Weasel.

EDIT- Disliked Antifa, and most of the Mages/Shaman.
CanRay
Chromed Accountant was the BOMB! I loved his comments, and honestly hope to hear what's happening with him, and his island that he's filled with naked locals. ;-P

SPD rocked as well.

Always wanted to see/hear more about Mom on the Run, and her kid (Shadowbrats, gotta love 'em! Slamm-O rocked for the same reason!).

I like Kane, but keep expecting to hear when the various group's he's ticked off over the decades catch up to him. Or he finally gets his sweety out of that Azzie prison (If he hasn't already.).

Hatchetman, who is missed.

The Dead Decker Society, of course, who were founded by a dentist, and thus is the worst pun of all!

And, of course, FastJack, who I just found out has Grandnieces! Loved his intro to SR4, and the props he gave to the dear, departed Captain Chaos and the Neo-@s.

Frankly, I doubt the Neo-@s are dead and gone, just in hiding for the moment, biding time.
Hatspur
Come on! Skeptic rocked! If only because he doubted EVERYTHING. He always seemed to bring things down to level (at least for Shadowrun).

Tom Dowd made anything sound cool. Burning Bright and Night's Pawn were stunning by Shadowrun author standards.

The only Argent I ever saw was the one from Lone Wolf. He was a decked out street sam. Where was the elven fixer from?
mrslamm0
Slamm-0! ( Wow big surprise!) Fast Jack, Dodger and Smiling Bandit.
O'Donnell Heir
Dragonslayer is apparently gone as well. Theres about a one line send off in Runners Havens when someone remarks "...I miss Dragonslayer", and that's about it.

Captain Chaos is apparently a cyber'd AI on the matrix after what Dunkie's gift did to him (Still trying to get System Failure to get the story).

Priest is always interesting, and I have to give him props for capturing the meeting between Ghostwalker and Dunkies old team on video.

Fastjack was always good for a laugh (Captain Chaos: "Damn it Fastjack I've had to change the security protocols on this topic three times after your posts. You're setting a bad example for the kiddies"), and is now picking up the slack for Captain Chaos's absence.

CanRay
You know what?

A TOAST! To FastJack! The 'Runner that's stood the test of time, and is still the Hacker's Decker Hacker (Once again!) and the Punk's Punk!
fool
I liked fanboy cause I can totally relate to him. The IE's and GD's were special faves (Orange Queen- "you were expecting Anita Bryant?")
I agree, the Old Slammo, the Neo @ not the jacker.
FastJack, CC, These are a few of my favorite things.
Least.. Hugh Mann, and all the elf from the tir government.
fool
I liked fanboy cause I can totally relate to him. The IE's and GD's were special faves (Orange Queen- "you were expecting Anita Bryant?")
I agree, the Old Slammo, the Neo @ not the jacker.
FastJack (who was an old man living in a cave way back in Target Matrix?), CC, These are a few of my favorite things.
Least.. Hugh Mann, and all the elf from the tir government.
I'm really rather bummed that SR4 does limit it's shadowtalk so much, but I'm also sure that over time that will change. As more areas of expertise are needed (ie more books are written,) more people will be brought in. And it is the nature of these things to grow. If it's so cool and useful, everyone will want ot be one of the in crowd just to get that extra edge. And Fast Jack will be owing more and more people favors for their posts.
IQ Zero
Anyone else remember Chiba Barb?
BetaFlame
Netcat. I like Netcat. I think I have a thing for underdogs, since I like Puck too.

Fastjack is cool, and amusing.

I dont really like Slamm-0 much.

The racist bastards usually get under my skin.

I miss the Captain frown.gif
FlakJacket
The fact that no-one seems to have mentioned William Harkwood aka. Wedge yet is just criminal. smile.gif
Fortune
Did I mention Fortune? biggrin.gif
HMHVV Hunter
I might well get crucified by some for this, but I can't stand the Dead Deckers Society. Bunch of elitist schmucks who think you should need to read code to so much as use EBay (or whatever the SR equivalent is).
CanRay
QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 15 2008, 05:40 PM) *
Did I mention Fortune? biggrin.gif

No, you haven't. Must not have been posting much on ShadowLand BBS.
Fortune
QUOTE (CanRay)
No, you haven't.

Guess you failed your perception test. wink.gif

QUOTE (CanRay)
Must not have been posting much on ShadowLand BBS.

More than CanRay! nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
CanRay
Dude, I just got here! Not a chance to have applied.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012