Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attackastack
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Riley37
If one fires twice in an IP, with SA or BF, does the target get a -1 penalty on the second attack? If one fires two-gun (one in each hand), same effect? If one fires two-gun twice, does the last attack to be resolved get -3 penalty on defender's Reaction roll? That's still a tradeoff for losing Smartlink, but if a team is ganging up on one opponent, then it's also a favor to any teammates who follow up with their own attack. It might be a good tactic for gangers who outnumber the PCs and can't afford smartlink anyways.

For a PC or heavyweight NPC, I'm thinking two SMGs with gas-vents, or Sakura Fubikis, firing short wide bursts, so penalties to defender's Reaction roll would start at -2 and rise to -5. The SF and most SMGs come with extendable stock for 1 point of RC, but I visualize that as applying only if one fires the gun two-handed with stock against shoulder. (I still like Trollman's STR-based recoil rules.)

Does one have to split the dice pool evenly, or could one be mostly focused on the right hand and only allocating 1 die to the left hand?

Can a defender choose not to react to an attack, waiving their Reaction dice to oppose the attacker's roll, in return for not taking a multiple attacker penalty? eg in an astral melee, ignoring the horde of watcher spirit attacks, rather than taking -N for divided attention when their master attacks? or in a video-game-style boss fight, trusting one's armor to shrug off the minion ninja attacks, to focus exclusively on avoiding the Ninja Queen's attacks? (This is an existing rule in Hero System, and has worked reasonably well there.)
Fortune
QUOTE (Riley37)
Does one have to split the dice pool evenly, or could one be mostly focused on the right hand and only allocating 1 die to the left hand?

There is no rule that states Pools must be split evenly.
Ryu
Yes, and reducing the evasion pool of the target is indeed the goal here. I´d strongly discourage the use of a DP of 1, though. Think "1"...
Kyoto Kid
...the Fubuki can only fire a narrow burst.
djinni
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid)
...the Fubuki can only fire a narrow burst.

I think he was refering to the SMG's for the wide bursts...
and the fubuki as the multiple attackers...
and if he wasn't "SHAME ON YOU!!! Fubuki is only narrow burst!"
Riley37
Cogent point re Fubuki. Well, then, it's SMG with gas-vent 3, so the first Simple Action burst gets all its recoil comped, and the second short burst gets net -2 DP from recoil. Alas, no shockpad, and the current rules don't support the wonderful image of the harness with *dual* gyro-stabilizers so that you can guide and fire a White Knight with your left arm and another with your right arm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012