Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ally Spirit materialization forms
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
raverbane
I was looking through SM and couldn't find an entry about what size ally spirits forms can be. I was curious is there had been any 'official' ruling in this regard and what it is.

And on a side note. What would be the base speed on an ally spirit?
Buster
Once upon a time there were official rules on the volume range of spirits based on their force, but it was dropped from official material. If you search the forums back 6 months posted by Frank Trollman, you should be able to find the official un-official sizes.
raverbane
Okies, I will do some digging.

Thanks, Buster
knasser
The thread is here but to save time, Frank gave a range of 10-30 litres of volume per point of force, typical human being 70 litres, apparently. I quite like that range if a guideline is going to be necessary.

As to the speed an ally spirit has when materialised, assuming that it's some mundane mode of propulsion like legs, I'd just assign a base rate of whatever was closest. A Force 1 or 2 spirit would probably move at Dwarf speeds. Something Troll sized at Troll speeds and if your ally manifests as a pink unicorn, then it moves at horse or pony speeds, etc.

Personally, I don't see why everyone doesn't have at least one ally spirit in the form of a hawk - it just looks cool. smile.gif
Fortune
This thread, appropriately entitled Spirit Volume. wink.gif

Specifically, Frank had this to say ...

QUOTE (Frank)
There was very nearly going to be a statement of this in Street Magic, but it was felt that a lot of people wouldn't understand what "30 liters" meant. But yeah, your spirit is at least 10 liters per force. And no more than 60 liters per force.

An average human, for comparison, is 70 liters.

Edti: Beaten by knasser, but only because my damn computer refused to post the damn thing for a full five minutes. frown.gif
knasser
QUOTE (Fortune)

Edti: Beaten by knasser, but only because my damn computer refused to post the damn thing for a full five minutes. frown.gif

My powers grow stronger...
bibliophile20
QUOTE (knasser)
QUOTE (Fortune @ Jan 20 2008, 03:05 PM)

My powers grow stronger...

Knasser, when you succeed in taking over the forum, please remember the little people who were your friends. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012