Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ammunition
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Mäx
Does the ammunitions AP mod. subtitude weapons AP or modifi it.

for example if i shoot hollow point rounds from a heavy pistol is it 6P/+1AP or 6P/+2AP

Becouse i think it should be the former but all of the tables in the books use the latter.(ie. shotguns)
Malicant
QUOTE (BBB p.312)
The ammunition's Damage Modifier and AP Modifier are added to the weapon's usual DV and AP. For example, an Ares Predator IV (DV 5, AP -1) with APDS (AP -4) would have a modified Damage Code of DV 5, AP -5.

The weapons in the tables ignoring this are... special. Or something.
Magus
All ammunition AP modifiers are just that, modifiers. They stack both ways positively and negatively.

So in your example the Heavy Pistol is 6P -1AP Hollow Point rds have a +2 AP modifier I think?
If so the final damage is 6P (DV) with +1 AP modifier.
Dashifen
Shotguns are an exception because they often use the flechette rules. There remains a question as to whether or not they should have a +2 AP or a +5 AP based on the new flechette rules from the SR4 1.5 Errata.

Otherwise, the AP modifiers for ammunition are just that: modifiers. If the weapon being used already has an AP value, modify that value by the value of the ammunition's AP.

Edit: Curses ... foiled!!
Mäx
Thanks that what i thought, but i wasn't sure.

and magus Heavy Pistol is 5P -1AP and Hollow Point rds have +1DV +2AP.
Magus
@Max
Thanks I did not have a book handy for the Hollow Point rds. I have a player who was thrilled to see them in Arsenal. Until I explained them to him.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012