Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What did you say!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Abbandon
Hey everybody, the other day I was playing pool on yahoo.com and I bumped into this chick from Italy who couldnt understand a word i said lol. So I went on google and tried to look for a website that translates between languages. Well I found a really cool one and it could be pretty useful and cool for games here on the forums. Now you can actually speak another language even if you dont know it.

Anyways its here

You just pick which language you want to translate to and then you type in short sentences and click a button and poof, it gets displayed. Heh im not sure how well it does since i dont speak any other languages but the Italian chick liked it if you know what i mean. =P

Где находятся девочки в? !!!!!

Ahh thats awesome the copy pasting works great.
Lionhearted
Usually such programs has no sense of grammar what so ever aswell as limited dictionairies.. Old altavista babelfish for exemple
FortMan
It's Google Language Tool: http://www.google.com/language_tools

I tried English to Japanese one. Seems to work reasonably well. There's still some error though.

Example: "Mary has a little lamb." gave メアリー���ょ���羊��� (Mary is of <"a little" as in small amount, and not small size> lamb). Funny thing is "Mary is a little lamb" gave the same result.

Linguasoft will need a bit of development, it seems.
Abbandon
I copy/pasted your jap text into the link i gave and it spit out mary had a little lamb..

Besides the important thing i was trying to point out is that this is an awesome tool for both gm's and players to flavor their IC's with other languages that characters often take and never use.
nezumi
I've been using babelfish for years (both as a translator and to open web pages I'm not supposed to look at at work nyahnyah.gif )

I'm guessing the google translator isn't any worse, but is it any better? (It is about time they added it to their repertoire, though)

As an amusing note, it occurs to me that sites like altavista and yahoo practically started out with a dozen or even hundreds of different functions to their names - job searches, translations, weather, personal mail, on and on. Google started with just one, the search, and has been adding each function on its own after. Interesting to watch how it seems to be 'catching up' with old yahoo (even though google tends to do each function better!)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012