Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turning off the "eyeband"
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
djinni
as the title says, what do you think shifting the eyeband from 360 to "regular" vision is.
none?
free?
simple?
Complex?
Ryu
Change linked device mode - Free Action as per combat rules.
Wounded Ronin
Kicking Levarr Burton in the nuts is a Complex Action.
djinni
QUOTE (Ryu @ Feb 11 2008, 07:54 PM) *
Change linked device mode - Free Action as per combat rules.

stupid me, I meant is that appropriate, due to the shifting of perceptions, does a free action suffice or does the character have to take more than that, no action to accomodate the shift? or a perception check to accomodate?

I'm akin to the logic that its similar to turning the lights off it takes a while to adjust...
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (djinni @ Feb 11 2008, 06:06 PM) *
stupid me, I meant is that appropriate, due to the shifting of perceptions, does a free action suffice or does the character have to take more than that, no action to accomodate the shift? or a perception check to accomodate?

I'm akin to the logic that its similar to turning the lights off it takes a while to adjust...

The ware is gimped enough, neh?
Teulisch
i think it would take as much effort and time as blinking.

djinni
QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Feb 11 2008, 08:09 PM) *
The ware is gimped enough, neh?

how's that? the dicepool modifier only affects when you are moving around
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (djinni @ Feb 11 2008, 08:07 PM) *
how's that? the dicepool modifier only affects when you are moving around

Because the benefit is largely fluff, and can be duplicated with AR and/or sensors rather easily, cheaply and without essence cost. The brain would adjust, even if you had to give it a little help, incurring (at most) the distracted penalty to perception tests (which is what happens with the AR version). "All tests while in motion," is the rule, like in a car, walking, standing on a conveyor belt, etc. It's a waste of money and essence as is.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012