Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR Developer Public Q&A Chat
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
the_dunner
This Saturday, February 16th, at 10AM PST, Catalyst Game Labs is presenting a public Question and Answer with Shadowrun developers. For any who'd like to join in, please visit the SR public chat at the appropriate time.

Because this is the first Shadowrun chat that CGL has offered, this one will be open to general question and answers. Future chats may be focused on specific themes. The chat will be moderated to allow for an orderly system of asking and answering questions.

The chat is open to the general public. BattleCorps membership is not required, and there is no fee for participation.
Adam
FYI, we changed the URL on John. wink.gif I've edited his post, but if you already bookmarked it, please change it to: http://www.battlecorps.com/BC2/PublicSRChat.html

Two quick notes: we're aiming for this chat to last about an hour, and questions about Catalyst and Shadowrun in general will be given preference over rules questions -- looking up rules and researching them during live chat is not a priority for this chat session, at least.
Fortune
Will a transcript be made available for those that cannot make it?
Ryu
Works already! smile.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 14 2008, 08:45 AM) *

That is the plan, yes.
Dashifen
Discussion re: games and movies moved to a different thread to keep this one as on-topic as possible. Sorry for any confusion.
Ryu
PST is a shift of -8, CET one of +1. So that should be 19:00 for us german guys - meaning I won´t make it.
Grinder
1900 actually? Hm, then there's a slight chance I'll be able to join.
swirler
hmm thats noon for me
if I remember I should be able to make it
jago668
Someone don't forget to ask if 1st and 3rd printings were right and we get free sim modules with cranial commlinks or if 2nd and 4th printings were right and that we don't.

Just in case I don't make it.
Rob Boyle
QUOTE (jago668 @ Feb 14 2008, 09:12 PM) *
Someone don't forget to ask if 1st and 3rd printings were right and we get free sim modules with cranial commlinks or if 2nd and 4th printings were right and that we don't.

4th is right. You don't.
knasser

Somebody ask if we will ever see a PDF of Shadows Over Europe. frown.gif

Oh wait - I think I can ask that. That's... 2am in the UK? Okay - club, followed by Shadowrun chat session. I've had more bizarre starts to the weekend. (Must remember not to bring anyone home). smile.gif
MYST1C
QUOTE (knasser @ Feb 14 2008, 11:07 PM) *
That's... 2am in the UK?

10AM (10:00) Pacific Standard Time should be 6PM (18:00) in the UK...
knasser
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Feb 14 2008, 10:46 PM) *
10AM (10:00) Pacific Standard Time should be 6PM (18:00) in the UK...

If the Earth suddenly reverses the direction of its spin, there's a chance I might not look stupid here...
Synner
Yup. 18:00 GMT. At least I hope so...
hobgoblin
heh, this makes me miss the dumpshock irc server...
Ranneko
5AM, Sunday morning eh? (AEDT - UTC+11).

I really wish that people would post these times with the UTC+/-N rather than just sticking with PST and the like, it makes it much easier to figure out when an event is when you have the number at your fingertips.

That said, this actually could work out for me, since I need to be up by 5:40AM that day anyway.
Fortune
Where are you located, Ranneko?
Kyoto Kid
...nice, will be able to fire off a "Q" or two before the afternoon game session.
Ranneko
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 15 2008, 01:16 PM) *
Where are you located, Ranneko?

Sydney, I think that time is right, unless TimezoneConverter lied to me.
Fortune
It's right. That's where I thought you were going to say, since I am in the same time zone. smile.gif
Grinder
Somebody ask if we will ever see a PDF of Shadows Over Europe. frown.gif

It will be available at holostreets.com, together with the SoLA pdf.

(Must remember not to bring anyone home).smile.gif

grinbig.gif
KCKitsune
QUOTE (Rob Boyle @ Feb 14 2008, 04:41 PM) *
4th is right. You don't.

Where does it say this?
Ryu
@Kitsune: Rob is the SR Line Developer. He says so.
Fortune
Yep. He's the dude that ultimately makes the decision as to what is and isn't canon, and how it all works together.

I really appreciate your answering that question Rob. Please sir, may I ask another? biggrin.gif
Dashifen
You just did smokin.gif
Ryu
Would someone be so kind and take my question for this Q&A? I´m sorry if I get on anyones nerves, but it IS fitting for the general theme of the session.

"Do you expect that there will be any new german SR books this year? If yes, will there be a german license or will CGL take matters into their own hands?"
Wounded Ronin
"Will passenger mullets and mohawks be implemented into the physics calculations for the vehicle chase rules?"
Neonsamurai
19 pm - hope I'll find some time....
Ophis
Damn it I can't make that time. Accursed Shadowrun game....
knasser

What time does the chat program get activated, or is it activated now? I get nothing but a great white space at present and I'd like to know it's not just me.

-K.
the_dunner
It's running now. It's a java client, which you might need to enable java in your browser.
knasser

Okay, well I've tried everything I can and I can't get it to work.

Going to have to sit this one out,

-Khadim.
swirler
ugg we were out and just got back I totally forgot frown.gif
Erebus
Is there a linky to the chat log anywhere?

Caine Hazen
QUOTE (Erebus @ Feb 16 2008, 05:06 PM) *
Is there a linky to the chat log anywhere?

Vardic said it would be a day or two, but that they would post it soon enough.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (swirler @ Feb 16 2008, 09:40 PM) *
ugg we were out and just got back I totally forgot frown.gif

i forgot as well, and i spent the day at home...
Ryu
I was not there - friends better than internet principle. How was it? Can´t wait for the log.
MaxHunter
I share your principles Ryu. It was too early for me!! I was recovering from two consequent birthday parties!

Cheers!

Max

P.S. How was it? Anyone? I am one of those anxious persons... rotate.gif
Cardul
QUOTE (Fortune @ Feb 14 2008, 09:45 AM) *

QUOTE (Adam @ Feb 14 2008, 10:14 AM) *
That is the plan, yes.

QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Feb 16 2008, 08:25 PM) *
Vardic said it would be a day or two, but that they would post it soon enough.

First, Caine: note, it is Adam, not Vairdic who is mentioning the plan is for a transcript.

Second, since it is on Battlecorps, and I think we can assume the same people who made the Battlechat transcripts the last couple years are making these...um..yeah.. I will believe a transcript is going to show up when I see it. They will likely claim someone said something they shouldn't have, and keep it hushed up like they have with the Battlecorps Chats(that, admittedly, people actually pay money for the service..you would THINK they would at least be able to make a simple chat log for people who are paying to be able to get that info..if they can't do that for paying customers..what makes you think they will do it for freeloaders like us?)
MYST1C
Just some stuff from the top of my head:
  • Chicago will be one of the main entries in Feral Cities
  • There might be a Shadowrun World Atlas in 2009 but that's not sure yet
  • Technomancers will get love in Unwired: new echoes, new uses for threading, new sprites, equivalents to magical tradtions ("strains") and mentor spirits ("paragons") and general clarifications to their use and play
  • Unwired will not rewrite but extensively overhaul the matrix rules - e.g. diversify nodes & networks, deal with the Agent Smith Army, etc.
  • Riggers will only play a minor role in Unwired, mainly in the "Security" chapter
  • For the future such chats at Battlecorps are planned as a monthly feature (every 3rd Saturday, 10am PST/UTC-8 )
martindv
QUOTE (Cardul @ Feb 17 2008, 03:10 AM) *
I will believe a transcript is going to show up when I see it. They will likely claim someone said something they shouldn't have, and keep it hushed up like they have with the Battlecorps Chats(that, admittedly, people actually pay money for the service..you would THINK they would at least be able to make a simple chat log for people who are paying to be able to get that info..if they can't do that for paying customers..what makes you think they will do it for freeloaders like us?)

But they've been so reliable about Holostreets these last three years.

Oh... I see what you're doing there.

QUOTE (MYST1C @ Feb 17 2008, 05:02 AM) *
Just some stuff from the top of my head:
  • Chicago will be one of the main entries in Feral Cities
  • There might be a Shadowrun World Atlas in 2009 but that's not sure yet
  • Technomancers will get love in Unwired: new echoes, new uses for threading, new sprites, equivalents to magical tradtions ("strains") and mentor spirits ("paragons") and general clarifications to their use and play
  • Unwired will not rewrite but extensively overhaul the matrix rules - e.g. diversify nodes & networks, deal with the Agent Smith Army, etc.
  • Riggers will only play a minor role in Unwired, mainly in the "Security" chapter
  • For the future such chats at Battlecorps are planned as a monthly feature (every 3rd Saturday, 10am PST/UTC-8 )

• I'm shocked.
  • Eh
  • I hope I see the word Extremis in that chapter.
  • Yeah...
  • Of course they will.
  • That may not be the worst time in the entire week to hold that, but it's close.
martindv
aw, nuts.
Ranneko
It's not the worst time, I mean 5am in the morning for me is pretty bad and I am unlikely to attend unless I have some important world changing question to ask.

But assuming that when you guys shift to DST it changes from 10am PST to 10am PDT, or UTC -7 and my daylight savings will end, for a chunk of the year it should be at 7am, which is much easier to deal with.
Ryu
Well, whatever time is choosen, for someone it is in the night. 18:00 UTC-0 allows both the american and european players easy access, and seems therefore choosen well (should be maxing the expected audience).

(Edited because thinking in another time zone is apparently not easy)
Fortune
QUOTE (Cardul @ Feb 17 2008, 07:10 PM) *
First, Caine: note, it is Adam, not Vairdic who is mentioning the plan is for a transcript.

First, you'll note that Adam did not address a time frame. That reference indeed came from Vairdic, who said as much in the chat. That brings me to my second point ...

Second, since it is on Battlecorps, and I think we can assume the same people who made the Battlechat transcripts the last couple years are making these...um..yeah.. I will believe a transcript is going to show up when I see it. They will likely claim someone said something they shouldn't have, and keep it hushed up like they have with the Battlecorps Chats(that, admittedly, people actually pay money for the service..you would THINK they would at least be able to make a simple chat log for people who are paying to be able to get that info..if they can't do that for paying customers..what makes you think they will do it for freeloaders like us?)

Although I wasn't at the chat itself, I know it was Vairdic that gave us a time frame because there has been an almost complete transcript posted on Dumpshock since right after the completion of the chat itself, well before your acidic and totally unnecessary tirade.
Ryu
@Fortune: Pointers to the chat log please? Pretty please? The search function hates me. And I gave that bitch another chance.

Edit: Never mind, the link colours are not easy to see for me.
Fortune
There be a linky in my post. wink.gif
Ryu
Yeah, I saw by now.
Fortune
I wrote the post, then read a few others before going to find the damn thread. I was probably in the process of editing it in while you were posting your request. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012