Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pirate Trid organizations?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Negalith
I’m very interested in Shadowrun’s Pirate Trid organizations, but can’t find much about them in the current edition rule books. Does anybody have any information about how there organized, how they conduct business, how there funded, Are there any well known ones in the literature, what are there agendas … stuff like that.
fistandantilus4.0
To clarify, have you read Cyberpirates? Its helpful to know what you do know, since you said you were looking for "current rules". I don't think they've expanded on anything there yet. Hopefully Gingerbread man is dead now. biggrin.gif
Demonseed Elite
I think he's looking for info on pirate trid media, not pirates.
Kanada Ten
I kinda feel this is covered by the Blogger contact.
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Demonseed Elite @ Mar 2 2008, 01:02 PM) *
I think he's looking for info on pirate trid media, not pirates.

doh *head smack*. New resolution - No more posting without sleep.
martindv
QUOTE (Negalith @ Mar 2 2008, 11:01 AM) *
I’m very interested in Shadowrun’s Pirate Trid organizations, but can’t find much about them in the current edition rule books. Does anybody have any information about how there organized, how they conduct business, how there funded, Are there any well known ones in the literature, what are there agendas … stuff like that.

They haven't been covered since Shadowbeat. God knows why.

QUOTE (fistandantilus4.0 @ Mar 2 2008, 12:00 PM) *
Hopefully Gingerbread man is dead now. biggrin.gif

Something is very wrong with you.

QUOTE (Kanada Ten @ Mar 2 2008, 12:17 PM) *
I kinda feel this is covered by the Blogger contact.

Sure, since it covers how they're organized, how they conduct business, how they are funded, (in)famous ones, rules, agendas.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (martindv @ Mar 3 2008, 11:47 AM) *
Sure, since it covers how they're organized, how they conduct business, how they are funded, (in)famous ones, rules, agendas.
Yeah, sort of, as they are based on blogging culture: they're mostly independent, conduct "business" via their commlinks and blog groups, and are mostly not funded (except perhaps buy selling Spam space); they have a plethora of agendas and follow normal contact rules. It doesn't list a bunch of famous ones, true, though there was that freelance journalist in Emergence, who sort of fits the bill.
martindv
The fact remains, the info about said Contact in the SR4 book is meaningless to the OP's question.
Kanada Ten
QUOTE (martindv @ Mar 4 2008, 03:07 PM) *
The fact remains, the info about said Contact in the SR4 book is meaningless to the OP's question.
I don't think so; I think it it indicated a replacement all previous concepts about trid priates organizations (which were based on pirate radio) with the modern organization of blogging groups and webcasting. Thus, the contact (which is even called a trid pirate in the notes) invalidates most of the question.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012