Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Johnson Memorial Career Center
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Eyeless Blond
This is a thread for advertising new games in the Welcome to the Shadows forum. Posts should be kept short: a pit of "Status" text to let everyone know whether the game is open or closed, the name of the game, a link to the recruitment thread, and maybe a short blurb or teaser line about the game. For example:

[ OPEN ] Welcome to the Shadows

You are entering a dimension, not of sight or sound or mind but of text, lots and lots of text. A wondrous land whose boundaries are only that of the browser screen...

System/Version: Typically SR4, with a smattering of SR3
Build points: Typically 400, but could be more or less, depending on the surrounding text
Number of players: 1-1000

Be sure to keep your post updated, and substitute [ OPEN ] for [ CLOSED ] when the game is closed to new vict- recruits. If the thread is getting too long, the admins may prune [ CLOSED ] posts, or [ OPEN ] posts which are clearly no longer open.
fazzamar
[ CLOSED ] Welcome back to 2060

It's 2060, the Renraku Arc is still locked down, Halley's comet is a year away, and the wireless matrix is still on the drawing board. Welcome to Seattle 2060.

System/Version: SR3 only, all official source books
Build System: Priority or Build Points with 120 points.
# of Players:4-6
# of Players Signed Up So Far:5
quentra
[ CLOSED ] Old World Charm

Europort - Called the Manhattan of Europe, this megaport handles untold amount of cargo and tonnage daily. From arms running to legit business, Europort has it all. Throw in megacorporate and Eurocorp interests, the effects of the Black Tide, and the importance of the port, a full scale war is occuring in the shadows of Europort. Bring a lighter.

System/Version: SR4, all books except Arsenal.
Build System: 400 BP Standard
# of Players: 5
# of Players Signed Up So Far: 5
Karaden
[ CLOSED ] Rising Young Gangsters.

System: SR4
BP: 300
#Players: 4-5
#Players signed up: 5
Quicklink: Rising Young Gangers.

A group of friends forms a gang in high school, and they have just the right mix of charisma, brains, brawn, and just that touch of luck that they might have a shot at the big times.
Aurelius
OPEN FOR RESERVES An Astral Fever
Magic and Madness in the Sixth World

Strange forces have been moving in the sixth world for it's entire existence, but sometimes, some of those forces clash in the shadows. Sometimes, ancient forces awaken for a brief while, and the few in the know rush to get a piece of the cake. Sometimes, strange dooms walk the world and magicians who usually are filled with wonder by their craft shiver in sudden horror.

A collection of magicians and other meet for the first time deep in the Barrens. None of them have been able to fit in the world of steel and glass called Corporation, and now they have been approached for a job, or quest, more fitting to the personality and talents.

Chargen: 420 points. Special rules, see post.
Players: Max 5.
Players signed up: 5
Quicklink: An Astral Fever
Kerris
I don't really want to clog up this thread (as it seems well-pruned), so if the mods find this post inappropriate, just prune away. However, I'm looking for a game. I GM in real life on the weekends, but I've been itching to be a player for a while. So, if anybody has a game with a spot, or is willing to start one, let me know.
Curuinor
[ Closed ] Integrity

BP: 425 + 25 Karma
#Players: 5
#Players signed up: 5(7 waiting list)
Quicklink: Integrity

Los Angeles is an interesting place. We try to make it a little more interesting.
betterwatchit
What do you do if you're a player looking for a game?
Felime
That's what I asked, the consensus was to go make threads about it. If You, Kerris, and I made a joint thread, we might have a decent chance of finding a game.
Red_Cap
I'd like in on that, too, Felime. The one game I managed to squeeze into before it filled up never really got off the ground, so I've been shopping around since.
Whipstitch
I'm up for a game if you guys find someone to run it.

I'm interested in a runner oriented game though, not gangers.
Cunning Rat
I'd like to be in on a game as well. SR4 by preference: I'm about to start a tabletop SR4 game, and I'd like a chance to get used to the rules.

Thanks in advance!
ChipheadCharley
[CLOSED] Plata o Plomo

System:SR4
BP: 400 standard build
# Players: 4-6
# Players : Pending

The players will begin on the gritty and grimy streets of Seattle. Ghost Cartel plays an influence, but it is undecided at moment if the full events or just the plothooks will be used. If you like indepth characters and the darkside of the streets then please apply.
j4ck30f411tr4d35
i play once a month, and im goingt to start gm prolly one or two games a month, and, well i wanna play more... so what do we do about that?
Panzergeist
QUOTE (j4ck30f411tr4d35 @ Feb 13 2009, 10:38 PM) *
i play once a month, and im goingt to start gm prolly one or two games a month, and, well i wanna play more... so what do we do about that?

I will play a forum game if you will GM one.
W.A.R.
(I didn't know where else to put this, but I figured this was the best place for it. I apologize if I was in the wrong.)

I'm looking for a game to join/play/start up here on this site. I've played SR3 before, but would prefer to join an SR4 game instead (which seems to be the majority of games here). If it all goes down the 'start up' route, however, then I have some ideas (though I've never been a GM/DM before...)
blindfox
another runner looking for work.
call me if you need someone on the tech.

[SR3]
remmus
new runner looking to earn some nuyen.gif and go dakka on some fools

Shadowrun newbie, 10 years veteran of pen and paper rpg:s

(SR4
Captain Aardvark
Looking for work. Can give you the big booms and cover your back if needed. Will be able to join the party by 2070. No questions asked.
funkymunky
Need a driver or an extra gun? You know where to find me...

Name: Georg Lorgritz
Race:Dwarf
Class(ish): Weapons master/rigger (minus the drones)
JavaLamp
[ Recruiting Frozen ]Pale lights

SR4 system, 400bp standard characters
4 or 5 players currently, Waiting on communication from a few players before I open it up again.

The campaign will take place in the Kyoto-Osaka-Kobe sprawl of the JIS. Political backdrop, Main storyline is independent of any individual character's story, but sub plots will be added for them each and woven in. More is explained in the OOC thread
EinzelgÃĪnger
reporting for duty, sirs.

Name: Mezzanine
Race: human
Proffession: sharp shooter, with skill in infiltration and closer-quarter Guerilla warfare.
tisoz
[SEMI-OPEN] Dairy Dash

3rd Ed.
Looks like we are done with Food Fight! and seeing about running some of the old printed adventures. I tried to pick some no one in the group has played, and am running them a bit differently than presented. I'm thinking of changing the names a bit, too, just to see if the adventure is identifiable by those who may be familiar with it.

recruitment

Have 8, may have lost 1. Will take one more on a stand by basis and can play the missing player's PC until officialy dropped/added. That way you can keep up with the story, and be first in line to join if someone does drop out.
remmus
QUOTE (tisoz @ Aug 10 2009, 05:47 AM) *
3rd Ed.

darn
Penta
[CLOSED] Blood in the Water

System: SR4A
BP: 400-420
Number of players: Maximum of 12

Cyberprivateers. Currently at 11 of 12 players - reserves not integrated immediately due to having just received a horde of newbies ICly.

Chargen must be conducted in coordination with the GM. PM to join up!

Initial thread - read for sausage-making details.

OOC thread - read first page for approved characters, read on for chatter, sausage-making.

OOC thread 2 - We babbled for more than 20 pages in the first thread. Now with characters consolidated to page 1, dropped/dead characters removed.

IC thread - read for the story so far.

01/24/2010 update: We're baaack! Currently sorting out who's still with us, but already I'm overwhelmed by new people looking to join. As such, we're accepting reserves only from this point.

03/06/2010 update: first mission completed!

04/13/2010 update: It died.frown.gif Sorry.frown.gif
tisoz
QUOTE (remmus @ Aug 10 2009, 07:19 AM) *
darn

Why? Are there a lot of 3rd edition games going? Or you just want to play in a game I GM?
milk ducks
[ CLOSED ] Sympathy for the Devil.

Some people here got it real good,
'cause the glass towers bring prosperity.
And other people starve in the street;
concrete knows no sympathy.

Big city; it's a wishing well.
Big city; it's a living hell.

System / Version: SR4, all official source books.
Build System: 300BP with additional limitations; see recruitment thread.
# of Players: 4-8
# of Players Signed Up So Far: 8

Game to start when chargen is complete.
ravensmuse
Couldn't tell if we could do this or not...

Writing Shadowrun means I'd like to play Shadowrun, and I've never actually gotten to be a player. Anyone looking for a technomancer type? I like guns and swords too.
Lok1 :)
I'm looking for a online game for a link to my character sheet plus my character concept go hear.
Xahn Borealis
As I've said here, I'm new to Shadowrun and I'd like to play a PbP, preferably standard 400BP. It would have to be SR4 and not feature anything from RC or SM as I don't have those books. I'd like to play something technical, a hacker/technomancer/rigger with some Hardware/Mechanic skills.
remmus
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Oct 20 2009, 04:23 PM) *
It would have to be SR4 and not feature anything from RC or SM as I don't have those books.

since most of that is Player related info why should a GM be unable to use it in his game just because you donīt have the books?
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (remmus @ Oct 20 2009, 03:29 PM) *
since most of that is Player related info why should a GM be unable to use it in his game just because you donīt have the books?

Well, I'd have no idea what to do if the GM uses something from those books unless someone explained it to me in a PM?
remmus
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Oct 20 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Well, I'd have no idea what to do if the GM uses something from those books unless someone explained it to me in a PM?

well the only thing that could affect you would be the new spells in SM but besides that it just extra character creation options and that doesnīt make your character any less useful, plus itīs not like itīs not allowed for the GM to PM selective part of the books like the new spells
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (remmus @ Oct 20 2009, 03:41 PM) *
well the only thing that could affect you would be the new spells in SM but besides that it just extra character creation options and that doesnīt make your character any less useful, plus itīs not like itīs not allowed for the GM to PM selective part of the books like the new spells

I don't think I'm gonna start with an Awakened character just yet anyway. Getting back to the topic, any introductory, first-run adventures with a fair bit of tech/Matrix use would be ideal for me. As for rules from the other books, I have the Photographic Memory Quality IRL, so there's no need to wait for me to figure out who I can shoot and how fast I can drive biggrin.gif
Penta
Blood in the water is always looking for new people. We're not *strictly* newbie, and I use all the books (I figure I paid good money for em, may as well use the things...), but we are looking for new riggers.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Penta @ Oct 20 2009, 04:18 PM) *
Blood in the water is always looking for new people. We're not *strictly* newbie, and I use all the books (I figure I paid good money for em, may as well use the things...), but we are looking for new riggers.

What's it about? Should I read the OOC and IC threads?
Penta
It is essentially cyber...privateers. Reading the threads is a good idea - be warned that it took beatings from the playerbase before I refined the concept into something everybody was happy with, and it's still being slow getting off the ground.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Penta @ Oct 20 2009, 04:18 PM) *
but we are looking for new riggers.

Read a bit of it so far, but my rigger is more towards car chases than naval stuff.
Xahn Borealis
So any GMs out there willing to drag a newbie through his first run? I've got four characters I could use, as I said here.
  • Street Sam/Hacker/Covert Ops
  • Ex-Triad Paracritter-Hunter Mage
  • Ork Physad (needs history)
  • Technomancer Rigger (favourite)
Penta
QUOTE (Xahn Borealis @ Oct 20 2009, 12:44 PM) *
Read a bit of it so far, but my rigger is more towards car chases than naval stuff.

I should clarify. We could use just about anybody who can fit to a 400-420 BP "naval-ish" campaign. Technomancers are out due to the fact that you're usually pretty far from a matrix mesh - your employer simply would not have selected a technomancer. But besides that, I'm willing to work in most sorts of characters.
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Penta @ Oct 20 2009, 06:33 PM) *
I should clarify. We could use just about anybody who can fit to a 400-420 BP "naval-ish" campaign. Technomancers are out due to the fact that you're usually pretty far from a matrix mesh - your employer simply would not have selected a technomancer. But besides that, I'm willing to work in most sorts of characters.

I think I'd feel best using the Sammie then, he has the best worked out history, after the rigger. Where should I post him?
Penta
PM me...I'll help you fiddle with things to fit the campaign (there's a period of IC training your character would have gone through under your employers before joining the crew, for one thing).
remmus
QUOTE (tisoz @ Sep 22 2009, 11:47 PM) *
Why? Are there a lot of 3rd edition games going? Or you just want to play in a game I GM?

na just the fact it was 3rd not 4th edition :3
Xahn Borealis
QUOTE (Penta @ Oct 22 2009, 04:47 AM) *
PM me...I'll help you fiddle with things to fit the campaign (there's a period of IC training your character would have gone through under your employers before joining the crew, for one thing).

PMed. What sort of training? Would this involve Karma, or simple getting the skills for free?
Xahn Borealis
Why is every topic I post in dying?
Penta
Because I'm busy as heck...And I was dumb enough to bite while suspecting that fact would occur. Lo siento. I'll try to review and get back to your PMs soonish.
Nergal
Hello.
Some time ago I had become simply obsessed with Shadowrun. The mechanics are OK, but the main thing I liked was an astonishing setting. So, from that time I always wanted to play the game. But, all is a bit complicated. I live in a small town, where there are no roleplayers whatsoever. None! Not one! I had hooked up a couple of my friends, but they cant digest anything else, than boooooring fantasy.
I have a three year experience in forum roleplaying, but I’ve never tried to play in English. If someone is brave enough to take suck a player in his game, I would be very grateful.
I’ll even play a Slavic PC, so that my terrible English won’t be out of place =).

Why no mistakes? MSWord!
zed
Rather than clutter the main forum up ill post this here

Although a relative newcomer in terms of posting to Dumpmshock im itching to try my hand at running a pbp game. It will likely be set in Manhattan and to ease me into things will bring in elements of the current missions and then branch off to do other stuff. I'd be looking for 4 players who are happy to work with a new face around here. if thats you drop me a pm and if we get enough interest ill post an ooc thread later. Game will likely be called "its all about the nuyen" and everyone will have a free contact "sammy" but more later.

kanislatrans
I've still got a couple of slots open at a pbp over on The 'grid if anyone is interested... got a couplle of teasers up. ooc pageDon't let the bed bugs bite...
pbangarth
AVAILABLE FOR WORK: Bongo Slade

Musician, investigator/information gatherer, knows his way around a barroom brawl. See HERE for resumé.

Available immediately. Contact Poster to arrange meeting.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012