Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You and Your Character
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Nightwalker450
My own group has some stereotypes for what I expect from players, often I default into some myself when I create a character. I was wondering how others feel they compare to their characters.
Stahlseele
i play Trolls, you can probably guess the rest *g*
It trolls!
I went for the random option on each one. Age and attributes purely depend on the concept for the character I'm building. I roleplay to play characters who are not me.
fatal2ty
I'm playing the GM, essentially God, I think its quite representative on who I am
ElFenrir
Well, it really depends for me. I do like to play characters much different than me(ive got pretty low physical attributes but decent Mental), but i tend to play really varied.

I admit, though, i end up playing guys often...because for some reason, every time i create a female character, she ends up being alot like me. As in not really powerful physically, but clever, sarcastic, and able to win situations by sheer trickery. (Hey, im a smartass. biggrin.gif) This happens before i even realize it. (say im making a female mage. She ends up somehow ending up as a Trickster shaman...even if she's a hermetic.) I really don't know why this is, but this is why i think i end up playing guys, because i have a much wider range with them, and they usually end up different. Well, ive always been 'one of the guys'. Most of my good buddies are guys. im a tomboy in dress and style, though im not very rough and tumble. I find it very easy to play male characters for that reason i guess. But when it comes to playing girls, they end up being offshoots of me, which is why i only end up playing them once in awhile.(I had finally come up with a concept different than usual for a girl, and ive been hanging onto it; a hermetic magic snob specializing in Alchemy, almost a mad scientist type. Well, ok. About as different as i can get. Im cherishing this idea. biggrin.gif) I do want to play characters different than myself.

But yeah, numbers and age are all dependent really.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012