Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drain Resistance
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eyeless Blond
Quick questions:

Do injury modifiers affect Drain resistance tests?
Do sustaining penalties affect damage resistance tests? Drain resistance tests?
Does Threading a complex form give you a -2 to resist Dumpshock?

Any page references would be greatly appreciated.
Fortune
As far as I know, there isn't anything that affects a Drain Resistance, or indeed any 'Damage Resistance' type test.
Eyeless Blond
In SR3 they made a point of saying that, yes, but... where is it here? It just occurred to me that I haven't actually seen a rule saying anything similar in SR4. I was hoping someone else has.
Fortune
QUOTE (SR4 pg. 153)
Wound modifiers are dice pool modifiers that apply to nearly all tests the injured character may attempt, except for resistance tests. Wound modifiers are also applied immediately to a character's Initiative Score, potentially affecting whether he goes before
or after someone else in an Initiative Pass. If a wound modifier reduces his Initiative Score to 0 or less, the character cannot take any actions that Combat Turn.

QUOTE (SR4 pg. 174)
Note that wound modifiers or sustained spells have no effect on the character’s dice pool for Drain Resistance Tests.
WearzManySkins
Well seems Fortune answered that one very well.

WMS
nathanross
Fortune always answers that whenever someone asks. I always forget the page number. spin.gif
Eyeless Blond
Oh, excellent, wound modifiers don't apply to drain resistance. Wonderful.

What about spell/Threading sustaining modifiers? Distraction penalties from being in VR/astrally perceiving?
nathanross
Read Fortune's last post. NO MODIFIERS! EVER! (I think I'm right in saying this. You cannot be distracted, so nothing pertaining to how conscious or aware of the current situation you are will affect your drain pool)
Slymoon
QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 15 2008, 08:33 PM) *
QUOTE (SR4 pg. 153) If a wound modifier reduces his Initiative Score to 0 or less, the character cannot take any actions that Combat Turn.

Slight Hijack:

This is rule is all well and good, but when would this come into play?
An average person 3's across the board would have 10 boxes in both physical and mental. ie: total of -3 modifers on each.
-6 total.

He would also have a total of 6 initiative dice, on average making an 8 iniative score. Fully wound hampered gives him a grand total of -6 and on average would still have 2 iniative left.

And this guy is 'average' as per SR4 RAW.

Do runners even rank here? ie: do you actually have runners with average 3's like this?

Same with 2's across the board. 9 boxes, total of -2 modifers each for -4 total.
Reaction of 4 and average of 1.3 hits. ie: 5 average initative score. -4 still totals 1 on average.

Am I mental (likely) of is this kinda a joke rule.
ElFenrir
QUOTE (Slymoon @ Mar 16 2008, 12:57 PM) *
Slight Hijack:

This is rule is all well and good, but when would this come into play?
An average person 3's across the board would have 10 boxes in both physical and mental. ie: total of -3 modifers on each.
-6 total.

He would also have a total of 6 initiative dice, on average making an 8 iniative score. Fully wound hampered gives him a grand total of -6 and on average would still have 2 iniative left.

And this guy is 'average' as per SR4 RAW.

Do runners even rank here? ie: do you actually have runners with average 3's like this?

Same with 2's across the board. 9 boxes, total of -2 modifers each for -4 total.
Reaction of 4 and average of 1.3 hits. ie: 5 average initative score. -4 still totals 1 on average.

Am I mental (likely) of is this kinda a joke rule.

The only way i can see it coming into play is with big, tanky, soak all the damage types with little initative.

If a Troll with 13 Physical boxes and a 5 willpower(11 stun boxes) had em all filled except for one each, but only ad said 6 initative...they MIGHT just hit the cap. But how often do you actually see this? (I could be calculating the modifers wrong as well.)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012