Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No More Ganking: OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Shadow
This is the ooc thread for NMG. Please post your character in spoilers in your first reply. As soon as everyone get's there characters posted I will put the IC thread up.

A few ground rules.

As for all the boards NMG is rated R for violence but PG-13 for language and adult situations. Remember not everyone who reads the boards is over 18. The game is a game, moving forward in it is the priority Lets not get bogged down in rules and minutia. If I am misreading a rule, or whatever, don't argue with me, just go with it and keep the game going.

Please feel free to talk as much as you want ooc about a situation, I find the more you plan it out in ooc the faster it goes in IC.

Dice rolling, use whatever method you like. Post the hits and number of rolls like this.

Shadow shoots guard #1
roll 1: 3 hits
roll 2: 1 hit
roll 3: glitch!

Let me know what you want to do OOC and I will say how it happens IC.

Example:

Ok shadow I want to shoot the first guy, shoulder roll, and then shoot the second guy.

Rolls....

IC:
Fortune blasts his opponent....

-----

Also on occasion I will ask for several rolls for many things, then use those for the fight, or chase etc. That way we keep things going. Ok post and have fun.
Shadow
Well not quite yet, on further review...

@Quentra, you can't put a LMG on a racing bike... it's a racing bike. Change it to a SMG or a pistol and you are golden.

Fortune
Alistair 'Gypsy' O'Shea
[ Spoiler ]
BlackHat
Anthony "Piece" Marks
[ Spoiler ]
Gray
Nathan "Gray" Reynolds
Portrait: Gray and Lion
[ Spoiler ]
quentra
Uleso 'Lyssuis' d'Artragon

With some last minute adjustments. Hope no ones minds...

[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
Quent, where do you house your Dalmation?
quentra
His doss, shared with his 'Uncle Travers.'
Shadow
IC comeing up.
BlackHat
Does the message come to everyone? or to our face, or faces?
Also, when we check GridGuide for the address, is it a residential address, as well? or a commercial establishment in/near a residential suburb?
Shadow
It omes from your Fixer, I was generic on purpose as it is assumed it coems from your usual source. as for the other questin read the post again, it's answered.
Gray
The message came from the Fixer, but did it come to Lyssuis, or the whole team individually?
BlackHat
I see that it says "according to grid guide the meet was in the Burbs of Bellevue" but that doesn't tell me that it is one of those apartments/houses, or if it is the grocery-store located conveniently nearby - I'm not even sure if that kind of information is easily obtainable in 2070. Piece certainly isn't the guy to be looking it up, but if GridGuide automatically matched addresses with registered apartments/businesses/whatever, it might be obtainable by the non-techno-savvy.

For example, if I put an address into google-maps, I can get a pretty good idea if it is smack-dab in the middle of a block of residential houses, or part of a strip-mall along a major road. With the satellite view, I might even get a pretty good guess at what kind of business it is (gas pumps seen outside, lone-star cruisers parked out front, etc). *shrugs* I figure, it can't hurt to ask, feel free to ask for a die roll in some skill piece probably doesn't have. biggrin.gif
Shadow
Use the info that is availible, i.e. it says burbs and fancy houses apartments. That is the answer to your question.

The message came to everyone, from whatever fixer you use.
BlackHat
That's fine. Did you want us to pick a single "Fixer" type contact from those we all selected, and have him send the message to everyone (since we're a team)? or did each of our contacts individually set us up with the same job, and alert us independently?

For Piece, his contacts were more in the service-industry, one deals in firearms out of a van - and could be considered a fixer (usually of equipment, occationally of talented individuals who know how to use said equipment)... but somebody else might have a more appropriate "Shadowrunner Publicity Manager" type contact that could have arranged this whole thing for all of us.

I guess we never really talked about our contacts much. biggrin.gif
Gray
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Mar 18 2008, 03:15 PM) *
I guess we never really talked about our contacts much. biggrin.gif

Gray's contacts are an Ork Talismonger named Dances With Weasels (L3/C3), who could be a Fixer for Magic related things, and a human Reporter (and on again off again girlfriend) named Katie Bauer (L4/C3), who is defintely not a Fixer. Lyssuis has an elf Fixer named Brian Royce (L1 C4), and so does Gypsy (L2/C4).
BlackHat
Piece knows a street-doc who doesn't ask a lot of questions, but probably doesn't set up Shadowruns - and a guy who sells weaponry, who I could see as someone who deals with people who might be looking for someone that could use said-weaponry.

I'm cool with moving forward under either interpretation, but if we're each being called at the exact same time by 4 contacts who we thought had never met, that's going to be 16 kinds of eerie. smile.gif
If one of the fixers that knows one of us really well, drops the message to everyone, and basically arranged the job for the whole team, it might be worth knowing who (and how loyal we can expect them to be).
Gray
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Mar 18 2008, 04:33 PM) *
If one of the fixers that knows one of us really well, drops the message to everyone, and basically arranged the job for the whole team, it might be worth knowing who (and how loyal we can expect them to be).

They both have the same Fixer: Brian Royce. Gypsy is just tighter with him. Might be an elf thing.

Also here is a link to a Calendar for 2070. Not to be picky, but July 8th is Tuesday.
Shadow

Guys are we going to play Shadowrun or nitpick? Because if it's the latter I am going to go ahead and call this game now. If it's the former, lets play! If you want to know if it's a house or a stuffer shack, go to the location and check it out. And does it really matter that the actual calender date is a Tuesday? Does that have any bearing whatsoever on the game? This is a light hearted little raump for fun. I am not looking for overerly serious SR here.

Just play the game, have fun with your characters and lets get on with it. No more nitpicking, ok?

BlackHat
Alright, deal. smile.gif Sorry for being a pain in the ass, I was mostly covering mine. wink.gif
I'll post something IC this evening.
Gray
Not a problem. Posted IC
Gray
Gray will cast Improved Reflexes at Force 3 through his Sustaining Focus (3).

His Dice Pool is Magic 5 + Spellcasting 5 + Power Focus 2 = 12 (He has a Healing Fetish for drain +2 + Willpower 5 + Charisma 5 =12 as well)

Drain is (F/2) + 2 = 4

Roll 1 = 3 hits (+2 Reflex, +2 initiative passes)
Roll 2 = 6 hits (no drain)
Shadow
Quen, I can't find anything that says you don't get the SGL bonus, so for now say you do. You have to have a SGL and the fire arm as well, of course.
BlackHat
Didn't place anyone else outside, since I wasn't sure if anyone would still be there (4-5 minutes later). Its fine if you are, and wanted to meet up before going inside. Otherwise, Piece will be skating in just before the bell rings, if not a minute or two late.
Gray
@BlackHat: That's fine, we probbaly already went inside.

@Shadow: Is my posting for my spell okay?
Shadow
Looks good.
Gray
Is the S-word okay to use in an IC post? I used drek, but I think that has fallen out of the lingo in 4th edition. If not, no biggie.

Context would be "...it's real meat. not that soya s$%@"
Shadow
I would prefer the language be kept clean. I am not a fan of swearing, and I would like not to read it. Dramamtic moments it is certainly appropriate though.
Gray
QUOTE (Shadow @ Mar 19 2008, 07:03 PM) *
I would prefer the language be kept clean. I am not a fan of swearing, and I would like not to read it. Dramamtic moments it is certainly appropriate though.

That's cool. Is "drek" okay? It's a real German word that means the S-word. I can edit out the whole thign and just say "it's real meat". Actually nevermind... not important... I already got rid of it.
Shadow
I always thought Shizer was the german word for that.
Gray
it's Pennsylvania Dutch slang ... which used to be German like 200 years ago. Not important, I used "crap" instead...
Fortune
Shadow has never had a problem with words like 'drek' or 'slitch' before (at least not with me! biggrin.gif). It is the real world common swear words (like sh**, fu**, c*** (any and all varieties wink.gif), motherfu**er, and the like that he would prefer us not to use. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Gray
QUOTE (Fortune @ Mar 19 2008, 10:10 PM) *
Shadow has never had a problem with words like 'drek' or 'slitch' before (at least not with me! biggrin.gif). It is the real world common swear words (like sh**, fu**, c*** (any and all varieties wink.gif), motherfu**er, and the like that he would prefer us not to use. wink.gif biggrin.gif

That's cool... I was just quantifying for myself what he meant by PG-13. I'm cool with no swearing, or 'drek' and 'slitch' or whatever.
Shadow
PG13 is the boards rules, I actually prefer PG when it comes to language. The SR fictional language is fine though.
Gray
QUOTE (Shadow @ Mar 19 2008, 10:13 PM) *
PG13 is the boards rules, I actually prefer PG when it comes to language. The SR fictional language is fine though.

That's cool. Just didn't want to go overboard IC without asking.
Fortune
Perception Test

3 intuition + 2 perception + 3 enhancements + 2 visual specialization = 10 dice
- 3, 3, 1, 5, 2, 5, 1, 1, 4, 3 = 2 hits
- I am really beginning to hate my dice!
Shadow
@everyone, I don't sweat the small stuff in non combat situations. Little spells and fluf in such I do not require rolls.
BlackHat
Perception Test
3 intuition -1 (defaulting) = 2 dice
Roll 1: 0 hits (no glitch!) (#D=2 : 34 n1=0 n6=0 nHit=0)
quentra
Perception Test

3 Intuition - 1 (defaulting)= 2 dice

2x(D6+0): 2 3 = 0 hits

@Fortune- S'what you get for being a twinky mage wink.gif
Fortune
Shadow: That's cool, and I kind of thought you ran things that way, but I just figured I'd check. smile.gif
Fortune
But I like Twinkies! biggrin.gif

I miss them too! You can't get Twinkies or Ho-Hos or any good junk food over here. frown.gif
quentra
Pwnt. I went to a fair and had deep friend twinkies. Thems are good.
BlackHat
Clocks? Did I miss something, somewhere?
Fortune
Mmmmmmmm ... Deep fried Twinkies ... *Drool*
Shadow
@ anyone with more than 1 hit on the perception test. Everyone else, no no!

[ Spoiler ]
quentra
Welp, Uleso is obviously blind. Or doesn't know how to read analog clocks. Let's go with that one.
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Mar 20 2008, 11:18 AM) *

nevermind, I found the part mentioning hte clocks. biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Mar 21 2008, 02:18 AM) *

Looks like it. biggrin.gif
BlackHat
And so I have determined... so did Piece. biggrin.gif
Fortune
Well, that's entirely fitting then. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012