Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spirit power question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
MadPiper
Simply put. Can a spirit have both of these powers? But only actively us one at a time? I know with Possession its either materialization, or possession, no middle ground there, but with inhabitation, I get the impression a spirit has the materialization power by default, and has the inhabitation as an ability it can use, but once used, stays Inhabited until its the body dies, thus disrupting it. But if summoned again later, it would be materialization again? Do I have this right or did I mess up?
DTFarstar
Nope, only spirits with the Inhabitation power have inhabitation. Possession and Inhabitation are two completely different Powers, and just being possession tradition does not do anything except swap Materialization with Possession. Nothing about Inhab. at all.

Chris
MadPiper
So a spirit has materialization, or possession, period. But either can have inhabitation as a spirit power?
Sma
A spirit can at one time only have one of the three. The only time this changes is if a inhabitation spirit gets a perfect merge. Then it loses inhabitation and gains materialization.
MadPiper
A spirit can at one time only have one of the three

That I understand completely. Spirits are either materialization or possession, but what I dont get is if inhabitation is more of an optional power some spirits can have?

The only time this changes is if a inhabitation spirit gets a perfect merge. Then it loses inhabitation and gains materialization.

Now that I did not know.
Fortune
QUOTE (MadPiper @ Apr 24 2008, 10:42 AM) *
Spirits are either materialization or possession, but what I dont get is if inhabitation is more of an optional power some spirits can have?

Inhabitation is what things like Bug Spirits get. It isn't normally a thing usable by the PCs.
Triggerz
QUOTE (Fortune @ Apr 23 2008, 10:53 PM) *
Inhabitation is what things like Bug Spirits get. It isn't normally a thing usable by the PCs.

Except for Ally spirits. (Street Magic, p.103-106)
FrankTrollman
Inhabitation does not appear on any optional power lists, nor should it.

-Frank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012