Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tokyo in the Shadows
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0047

"Thanks a lot," he says, why did I look at that file... was it just to humiliate her? Kambei can't imagine who'd pay to go to a bunraku parlor without getting picking a personality or outfit... you could go to a normal whore house for that and probably a lot cheaper.

"And you said the car was tracker free right?" After receiving confirmation he keeps driving as he dials the number Mr. Tanake gave him for the limousine pickup.
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0050

Arranging the limousine pickup is done without problem - Mr. Tanaka is glad that the "delicate matter" was handled so promptly.

30 Minutes later, the Nissan stops on a parking lot near an old restaurant, next to the limousine waiting there. After the appropriate calls are exchanged, a tall uniformed driver steps out to receive the still unconscious Ahiko. The big man cradles the girl gently in his arms and puts her into the limousine. While he doesn't talk, he seems genuinely glad that Ahiko is safely back. He bows deeply to Kambei - deeper than would be simple politeness.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0050

He bows back as is appropriate and whispers in his ear, "she will need a doctor to look her over. Take care of her."

Kambei gets back into the car and drives to within a eight minute walk of where he parked his bike and pulls into an alley. It's a shame I don't know of any chop shops... gotta look into that. He makes sure all of his gear is out of the car and he uses his admin account to deactivate the car's computer.

He leaves the door of the car wide open, activates his chameleon suit, no need to have anyone stop me and ask me why I'm dressed like this and carrying an SMG, and walks as quickly as is safe to where he parked his bike. He takes a few minutes to pack his gear back into the bag hidden in the alley, puts on the rolled up jump suit, takes off his mask and heads towards his home.

He enjoys the feel of the open air on his skin, feels like you are suffocating after a while under the FFBA and that damn chameleon suit, and after he is about halfway home and feeling his heartbeat slowing down to its normal beat he leaves Mr. Tanaka a quick message: "I have your commlink for delivery. I did not feel it was safe to hand it to your driver. I also have a copy of the recordings of what Ahiko went through. I wanted to discuss how you wanted it handled at a more private location than the Matrix and at a more normal hour."
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0130

Mr. Tanaka is a bit annoyed that the whole operation is not yet over, but the additional information and the fact that Ahiko was found quickly, seems to be just enough to persuade him to agree to a meeting the next evening, 2000, in Celerity, after a bit of talking.

Back home Kambei finds Ayaka and Aoi in the middle of a full-VR racing game involving spaceships and asteroids on his home entertaiment system.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei is very surprised to find Aoi and Ayaka up this late on a weekday. I'm going to have to revise the "good students from the suburbs" stereotype.

He tries to sneak past them into the bedroom so he can change without questions and maybe relax a bit since sleeping wasn't an option.
Fuchs

[ Spoiler ]

Kambei has no problem sneaking past the two girls caught in the VR game, and reaches his room. Changing goes quickly, but he has just managed to stash his gear again when he hears the two girls finish up a session, and go to the kitchen for some bottled water or soda, discussing the latest race, and comparing notes about the other players.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0135

Kambei changes quickly as he tries to rid the recent unpleasant images spinning in his head. Why did I even look at that file… hopefully her family will return the favor to the people responsible for what happened to the poor girl.

Shacking his head to clear it, he joins Aoi and Ayaka in the kitchen quietly enough to give them a little scare.

“Hey, didn’t think I would find you two awake. Kicking ass and taking names I hope.�

No reason to spoil the night for them. My problems aren’t for them to deal with.
Fuchs

Ayaka gasps and Aoi squeels when Kambei scares them, but both quickly compose themselves, trying to act nonchalant even as they are scolding Kambei - both for scaring them, and for exepcting them being already asleep "this early". After all, they are young, students, and enjoying their life after the study hell needed to pass the entrance exams.

They brighten up again when they mention their latest races, and some competition they left in the stardust. Then they start to prod Kambei with semi-serious questions about his job, playing tag team with an ease and a flirting undertone that hints at both being adept at that game. Their "but it is getting late for you, so you should get to bed" argument seems a bit at odds with what follows in the bedroom, which would have kept Kambei up even if he wasn't strung out on Long Haul.

Later, laying between the sleeping duo, himself still awake, Kambei goes over the situation again. What happened to Ahiko looks like a well-planned act. Using Kouki and the Falcons to make contact, and lure her into a "bad crowd". Then having her kidnapped, and making it look like she ran away. Getting rid of the Falcons, and making it look like an accident. But the p-fix and the orgy? Kambei knows that the Triads use this, or the threat of such, in kidnappings to make the family of a kidnapped girl pay money, but they do not use a data filter in such cases, and they also do not bother to make it look like the girl took part willingly. The yakuza usually use less drastic methods to get protection money, small accidents that ruin goods, or other troubles, kidnappings rock the waves too much.

A call from Kouki interrupts his thoughts.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei sits up in bed with all these thoughts running through his head. I’m letting myself care too much about this. It’s not like its my business anyway, I was just paid to find the girl.

He couldn’t quite get the thoughts to go away, shouldn’t have taken this Long Haul shit, I’m gonna be a wreck for days after this.

He carefully steps out of bed and paces the bedroom thinking over the situation some more, nothing I can do about it anyway. I will offer them my services in righting the wrongs done to their family. They should be willing to go that far if they have any honor. If someone had done the same to my family and I knew who he was he would be chocking on his own blood right now.

Kambei catches himself before he punches the closet door as a rush of anger at his own situation suddenly surfaces and before he can collect himself he receives a call. Momentarily flustered, he doesn’t even check who it is before he accepts the call, “Hello?�
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0245

It's Kouki.

"Hi Buddy! I found another piece of information. I got Ryu's commlink, and since he made the deal with the yakuza, I am sure he has some backup on his commlink. So, let's meet up so I can give the commlink to you!"

Kouki sounds a bit off, a bit too eager.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei resists the urge to scream “fuck� out loud as he realizes how careless he was. Should have killed the fuck when I had the chance. What are the odds that there isn’t a glock jacked up against his temple right now.

He checks to verify that his stealth program is active – which it always is on his real commlink. That program was the best I could find, hopefully they can’t track me down.

He didn’t know if it was his recent behavior - and a quick glance at the beautiful girls lying in his bed quickly dismissed that thought – or the Long Haul or something else that had made him this careless.

Either way, there was no point to denying knowing about any of this. If they were coercing him into making this call they already knew I was involved. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

Despite the swirling thoughts in his head he responds quickly enough to not seem suspicious, “when where you thinking of meeting? I’ve got a few things going on, and what did you, dig it out of his head or something? Wasn’t it internal?�

Gotta keep this conversation going, see if he spills something out by accident.
Fuchs

"Ah, where we met the hacker and her fried, you remember the place? And, his new commlink was internal, but his old wasn't, I found it when I returned to our last base."

Kouki sounds a bit more like his usual self as the conversation continues - Kambei is reminded how the zoku "warmed up" to him after he put pressure on him a day ago. Fortunately, the stealth program seems to hold - no hacking attempt made so far.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei says, “I don’t know if I want to meet there. I’m not fond of going to the same place multiple times. Let me get back to you late tomorrow, I’ll let you know where to meet me then and I’ll bring you a six-pack of that shit you drink, what was it, Miller? for your troubles.�

Gotta remember a place I can use to meet up, somewhere real crowded and easy to get lost in the crowd. I hope I’m just being paranoid. I don’t need all this trouble for seven and a half grand.
Fuchs

Kouki doesn't like that proposal.

"Hey, buddy - that's hot information. It could make or break this case."

He whines some, then, after a short pause, goes on, with a subtle change in tone.

"Think about the girl, we need to save her!"
Tabula Rasa

Kambei deliberates his options a bit, this is probably a trap, but it might be worth it to just scope it out. See if it really is a trap and if it is how many people they brought for me.

He says to Kouki, “alright, tell you what. Ride to the Tamaguchi Bakery in Shinjuku and be there at 3:30 sharp. I’ll call you and tell you where we’ll meet from there. Okay?�

What the hell am I gonna tell them, he thinks, looking at the sleeping beauties, this is just going to make them want to dig for more, and I’m not that great at casual lying…
Fuchs

Kouki isn't happy about it, but agrees to that. Ayaka and Aoi are sleeping still. If Kambei hurries, he might be back before they wake up. At this time of the day, Neo-Tokyo is as close to sleeping as it comes, so there won't be that many vehicles clogging the street.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0315

Kambei tries to make as little noise as possible as he fetches all the gear he just put away plus a basic set of climbing gear and a few more clips of ammo and some EX to boot. I'm not gonna fuck around if this is an ambush.

He dresses in the living room, grimacing as he pulls on the FFBA without having cleaned it, grabs his gear and heads for his bike with his non-descript jumpsuit on.

Just in case he sends a message to the front desk of his building to let the girls in and out of the apartment if they asked. No sense in causing them trouble if something happens.

He heads to the location well ahead of time, a place he is familiar with. The bakery is on a wide avenue with eight floor buildings on either side. There's a perfect location to spot anyone standing in the bakery, and watching them go into the deep dead-end alley nearby. Hopefully whoever is tailing him follows him and shows themselves to his vantage point.

Kambei waits patiently, his senses alert for anything out of place as he waits for the meet time to approach.
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0315

[ Spoiler ]

10 minutes before the time of the meeting, Kouki arrives. The zoku looks around, and appears rather nervous while he moves to the bakery. He also reacts subtly, but noticably to Kambei's enhanced vision to two men - one of them even Kambei dismissed as a harmless drunk earlier, sitting on the street "resting", his jacket off and crumpled in his lap - a lot could be hidden beneath that - the other a salaryman up early buying bread, carrying a briefcase. They cover both sides of the bakery.

Kouki buys some breakfast from the bakery, but the way he looks around he probably doesn't even notice what he is eating. His right eye is a bit swollen.

If this is a yakuza set-up then there would be more than two people, maybe a squad or two waiting nearby or in cars, out of sight.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0330

Kambei smiles to himself, these guys actually managed to keep themselves hidden for a while. Not bad. Now lets get the rest of them out.

He contacts Kouki after again assuring himself that there was nothing wrong with his stealth program, “Hey Kouki, listen close.

“I want you to walk down the street away from the main street and take a right when you get to the T intersection. Then duck into the alley on your right.�

Kambei doesn’t wait for a response before hanging up. He watches from his vantage point atop the building, carefully following Kouki and looking for anyone in the area who breaks off to the other street so they can keep a view of the zoku.
Fuchs

Kouki looks around, then starts to walk down the street Kambei told him to. He looks nervous.

[ Spoiler ]

Kambei spots the drunk slowly getting up, and the sararymanstarting down another street - probably planning to parallel Kouki. There's also a mobile vendor machine that's walking into Kouki's direction. Two cars start moving a bit away, one to each street, but that could be coincidence - both are vans, and look like they fit in at first glance.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei frowns, that’s a lot of goods, even if it’s just one of those vans.

He observes for a little bit longer to see if anyone else moves or if either of the vans moves along.

Just about when Kouki looks like he can’t stand to wait any longer Kambei dials him again, “Kouki, you aren’t looking too good. Did you hit on a lady that was taken? Never mind that though, show me the commlink you brough, hold it over your head.�
Fuchs

Kouki jumps as Kambei calls him, and wildly looks around, then hesitantly pulls a small commlink out of his pocket and holds it up.

[ Spoiler ]

It looks like a regular commlink as Kambei zooms in. The two yakuza he spotted are still acting "casually", and the vans left. Then Kambei spots a movement in the air, a bit away from Kouki - a small spydrone flying past a wall, checking windows. It looks like the Yakuza didn't send just human eyes. They have probably hackers too, who are currently scanning for hacked cameras or spydrones.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei instinctively presses himself closer to the ground as he spots the drones. Hopefully their sensors can’t see through my thermal dampening.

He begins to move laterally, very slowly, to find a little cover from above just incase as he speaks, “well, I see what you got and I’d be happy to take it, but you seem to have attracted some company that I don’t know personally. What’s going on Kouki?�

Gotta stall for more time… should I just leave him to die or try something…
Fuchs

[ Spoiler ]

Kambei shifts into a better position, out of the line of sight for the drone he spotted as well. Kouki sounds even more nervous.

"Company? What do you mean?"

If Kouki was playing poker he'd be on the road to ruin right now, so transparent is his attempt to lie, at least for Kambei. Then, again after a short pause, Kambei changes his tunes.

"Oh, fuck... yakuza. Damn, get me out of here, that's a trap!"

He doesn't sound as if he just recently spotted them, but his desperation seems real.

Tabula Rasa

Kambei curses himself for not bringing his Alpha. From eight floors up an SMG wasn’t the ideal weapon. He grabs the HK from his side and pulls it to a ready position as he holds to see if the Yakuza make a move on him

Do I just let him die and stay safe… or do I try to keep him alive? If I fire a shot surely the drone will spot me unless it’s a piece of shit. Why the fuck would he think I’d try to keep him alive.

Kambei continues to hold, sweat forming under his mask, as he silently deliberates his moral quandary. He had a hard time letting someone so desperate and scared just die, despite what scum the zoku really was.
Fuchs

Kouki begs again for help, but does he want to be saved, or is this just a way for him to lure Kambei into the trap of the yakuza, in the hope of saving himself that way? Knowing Kouki, both.

But time is running out. The drones are circling, and the hackers will be taking over half the block given time, and yakuza footsoldiers are sure to be swarming out any minute. A distraction might help, if Kambei decides to save the zoku. But he won't be able to stay here for much longer, no matter how good a spot it is.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei struggles internally as he considers his various terrible options. In the end his conscience wins over because he just can’t watch someone die in front of him when he is begging for help.

Not even Kouki, and specially when he was involved in putting him in his current situations. Even though Kouki was as guilty as the Yakuza. Well, maybe a little less.

He pulls out a pair of thermal smoke grenades, grits his teeth and considers how he’ll make Kouki pay him back for this stupid risk he was taking.

Briefly, he wonders what Aoi and Ayaka were dreaming about right now and wishes he had stayed in bed instead of taking that phone call.

But before it’s too late he throws the grenade into the alley Kouki is in and tells him over the comm, “duck low and run, NOW!�

[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs

[ Spoiler ]

The grenade goes off, filling the alley with thermal smoke and blinding everyone. Kambei just sees Kouki starting to run, almost runing into a wall before the grenade goes off, then switches his attention to the closest spydrone, perforating it with a burst from his SMG. The pedestrians down on the street scatter screaming, but for the two yakuza Kambei spotted before, and two others who do not run, but try to spot where the grenade came from.

While the drone crashes to the streets below, those four look around, trying to pinpoint Kambei's position.

[ Spoiler ]

While most of them seem to miss him, one of the yakuza stares at Kambei's position - he might not have seen him, but he seems to have pegged the spot for the best position to throw the grenade and fire the burst. It's only a matter of seconds now until the next drone will home in.

[ Spoiler ]

Kouki should be running as fast as he can, unless he stumbles over some debris, or into other yakuzas. Kambei doesn't see him anymore.
Tabula Rasa

He's on his own now... and so am I.

Before the drones get a fix on his position and turn him into a sitting duck, Kambei gets up and sprints for the back ledge of the roof - on the opposite side of the ledge facing the action - and jumps onto the next building, trying to put distance between himself and the men on the ground.

[ Spoiler ]

Kambei wants to get as far away from the men on the ground while on the rooftops so he can then go down on the streets to avoid the drones.
Fuchs

[ Spoiler ]

Kambei is in top form and has no trouble clearing the gap to the next roof. He keeps going, on to the next rooftop, hoping his suit will keep him hidden from sensors.

[ Spoiler ]

The next jump is not as far as the first, and Kambei almost doesn't make it.

After that he's faced with a house behind this that's three stories taller - so, it's time to drop to the ground. He slides down a copper pipe to the street, and has just reached the pavement when a Suzuki Aurora slides around the corner, driven by a man in a suit and wearing shades - in the middle of the night. Fortunatley for Kambei, he's still wearing his suit, and dropping low, he evades the man's gaze, who accelerates again, sliding around the corner.

[ Spoiler ]

If the man is as good as his quick reaction hints at, he'll be reporting that this side of the building is clear, which means there's a hole in the yakuza's net.
Tabula Rasa

Kambei says a quick prayer to his ancestors and tries to get through the Yakuza's net before it's too late.

[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0400

30 minutes of running, hiding and riding his bike later, Kambei seems to be clear. He's tired from the running, but the Long Haul still allows him to remain awake and alert. Neo-Tokyo is waking up now, a lot of delivery vans driving around, and a number of them causing Kambei to be alerted, but no van spilled a squad of yakuza soldiers near him so far. It's anybody's guess if Kouki made it, but calling the zoku from a compromised number runs the risk of the yakuza traceing him through the telecom company net - they have had enough time to place agents to trace his connection, should he use the number again.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0400

Kambei slows down and then eventually stops to catch his breath and collect his thoughts.

This night started a lot better than it ended. Guess the Yakuza don’t like being made to look like asses. Who would have thought…

Kambei pulls back on the road and finds a gas station to fill up his bike and buy a candy bar. Long haul sure as fuck kept you awake, and it’s amazing how much you have to eat when you are up for three to four straight days. Before he leaves he does a quick RFID scan of his car to see if he was somehow tagged.

After that’s done, he gets back on the bike and drives around for another twenty minutes before deciding he was definitely not being followed and then he heads back home.

Hopefully Kouki makes it out… I wonder if that commlink really had anything useful on it. Doubt it though, no one brings anything that useful to give away when they really just plan to kill you.
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0430

Back home, the duo is still sound asleep. The peaceful sight is a stark contrast to the scene Kambei just has gone through. Compared to Kouki, doctor Nakano or the yakuza, Ayaka and Aoi are the picture of innocence, despite their somewhat impish nature.

While Kambei doesn't need to sleep, some rest is in order after the physical exertion he went through. It's more than half a day until his meeting with Mr. Tanaka anyway.

Not much about the case on the news so far. A "prank with a smoke device" this morning, written off as some tech students fooling around, and a small note that BTL-related death are on the rise - it looks like they found the dead Falcons.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0530

Kambei takes a quick shower and then carefully lays down in bed so he does not wake up the girls. He lays there, his eyes closed, trying to relax while thinking over all the recent events.

Hopefully this is the end of it and the Yakuza just lick their wounds and forget about it. He almost laughs at the absurdity of that thought. [/i]At least the Yakuza almost never get third party help anyway, so it’s not like I lost a customer.[/i]

As he continues to lay in bed, going over the day’s news, his mind kept jumping to worse case scenarios of them tracking him down to his apartment.

After about an hour of worrying, Kambei has had enough, and he unlocks his gun cabinet and stuffs his Predator under a corner of his pillow. Never hurts to be safe…
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0700

Ayaka and Aoi wake up one and a half hour later, yawning and stretching. The notice that Kambei is awake, which brings more mischief before they start breakfast. Kambei notices just from observing that the two are used to share a room, they haven't just started rooming together when they came to Neo-Tokyo.

During the meal, both girls wave of questions about courses, stating that they are following today's early lesson through the matrix. They have to be at the second lesson though - that professor is "very old fashioned", and requires attendance in person, unless one has a medical dispensation. More gossip about the university follows, and some prodding at Kambei's activities.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0700

Kambei enjoys the diversion from his worries and lets himself be distracted from recent happenings.

When questioned about his job, he resists at first, but after some prodding he gives away little bits and pieces about what he does, but he doesn’t mention any criminal activity or violence.

You never really know how people will react to you if they find out you’ve killed people before to make a living.

Eventually he tries clumsily to turn the conversation back to them and asks, “so how long have you two been living together anyway?�
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0720

That Kambei noticed they had been living together seems proof for the duo that he is a private eye, like from the recent Trid-Series "City Sweeper". As they explain, they went to a boarding school in Kansai together, and add a few anecdotes from their time there. Apparently, it was a rather strict school and the two got often into trouble for pranks and sneaking out. Somewhat similar to how Ahiko's experiences at school must have been.

Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0720

Kambei tries not to think about how similar their experiences could have been to Ahiko’s if he had let the zoku have them and instead just enjoy himself.

Tonight, I’ll get this meeting over with, get rid of the commlink, take my pay and wash my hands of this shit. Then hopefully the next job won’t get so complicated.

He continues to chat with the girls – trying to keep the conversation on pleasant topics – while constantly watching the time, hoping they decide to stay a bit extra to keep him company. Today was not a day he wanted to be left alone with his thoughts.
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0920

Ayaka and Aoi stay until past 9 am, then they have to leave for University - as they put it "every other prof understands that students can do attend in the matrix, just this old geezer is different, as if students would not surf the matrix inside the classroom anyway".

Once they are gone Kambei is alone again, but for their scent and the memory of last night. About 10 more hours until the meeting. A quick search on the matrix shows no hit for corpses that fit Kouki's description, but since he was a ganger his probably would be filed as "natural cause" evne if the yakuza chopped him into little bits. Dr. Nakano is not reported dead either.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 0920

Before they leave, Kambei tells them he’ll probably be done with work around ten or so tonight, unless some emergency work shows up on his doorstep.

With them gone, he has all the time in the world to think about all the bad things he’ prefer not to think about and begins searching the net for signs of any known casualties. Finally convinced that either Kouki and Dr. Nakano are dead, or he’ll be unable to find the information on the matrix with his current skills.

With that thought in mind, Kambei goes sifting through his normal routine trying to kill time, and while he is at it he sends a quick message to Rattler: “Hey, I’m thinking of buying an exploit program. Hit me up when you get a chance.�
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 1100

Rattler pops in with a live visit in the VR, so to speak, not just a message.

"Hi, Kambei-Kun. You'd not have anything to do with the recent activity of a certain yakuza family?"

The snake grins broadly, and "slithers" through the VR space.

"So, I heard you're thinking of buying an exploit program? Tsk Tsk... but I guess it's not too bad, most samurai's didn't forge their swords themselves either... so, what exactly are you looking for?"
Tabula Rasa

Kambei smiles, “I guess it depends on who’s listening…�

When asked about his message regarding the program, Kambei responds, “yeah, I need to spend some time sharpening my… erm… skills.�

He whips out a mock VR gun and gives it a twirl, “I need to be able to hack at least as well as I can shoot a gun. I’ve been doing pretty good with you riding shotgun… but I need to be able to walk on my own just incase I can’t find you on any given moment.

“So, given that, where do you think I should start?�
Fuchs

Rattler sounds amused as usual, but there's an undertone of respect, well hidden though, in his voice.

"That's an easy question: First you need to get in a node, which means an exploit program. And often do you need to find a node, which means scan. But exploit first - there are enough nodes you can find already. But it'll be a looooooong way until you're as good in the matrix as you're with a gun - if you don't get your brain fried before that.

Of course, it's also a question of your budget..."
Tabula Rasa

Kambei nods, “I’ve got a good scan program. I actually have a pretty good catalogue of basic programs that are as good as my commlink can run.

“So I guess I’ll start with an exploit program.�

He pauses for a second, “far as money’s concerned. I’ve got enough to pay I’d think if the exploit program is priced like the stealth program you sold me.

“Quick thing though, with stealth and exploit I can go into a node right? So what would I need after that?�
Fuchs
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 1105

Rattler starts with some run down of the most common tasks - edit to change data, command to use devices through the matrix, spoof to give drones and agents fake orders, sniffer to intercept data, track to find users, decrypt and encrypt... he goes on for quite a while, his icon wearing glasses and a teacher's hat, and using virtual screens to illustrate his explanations.
Tabula Rasa
Neo-Tokyo - 04/23/2008 – 1135

Kambei listens to the lesson with good humor. How could you do otherwise when your teacher is a snake wearing a hat and glasses.

After the lesson is concluded he says, “okay, I guess I’ll go with the exploit program first and maybe a spoof or sniffer program after that. I’ll have to wait for the other ones till I have a little more cash on hand.�

“I’d forgotten how much it costs to actually try to enjoy yourself in Neo-Tokyo.�
Fuchs

Rattler laughs - a sound file taken straight from a hyena anime character, or so it sounds.

"Ain't it the truth! Of course, you can program such stuff, if you have free time. Cheaper in the long run..."
Tabula Rasa

"You know, I think I'd rather get shot at rather than sit down and stare at code all day," Kambei laughs. "I mean I get you coding and shit because you were probably born a natural," he continues, "I'm not like that, that would be like me picking up gunsmithing cause I can shoot like cowboy."

"I'll just settle on making money and tossing it at you for my code."
Fuchs

Rattler laughs, a booming sound this time.

"That's ok, Kambei-Kun. And don't forget tossing money at me for my services."

The snake grins widely.

"So, what exploit do you want? And how should it look? If you say "I don't care", then I have this kawaii magical girl scepter skin I think would be perfect for you..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012