Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Merchandise
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
kanislatrans
how bout "My Johnson is better connected that your Johnson!" wobble.gif wobble.gif

deek
For just some simple text t-shirt, you can just go to www.cafepress.com and print one up. We've done a ton of simple t-shirts that are gamer-related. I don't know what the copyrighted legal stuff is, but its technically possible to put images on them as well. I wouldn't go around selling them, obviously, but I'm thinking about a black t-shirt with a giant SR logo on the front...
nezumi
QUOTE (deek @ May 14 2008, 10:54 AM) *
I'm thinking about a black t-shirt with a giant SR logo on the front...

That would be copyright infringement (unless you're making fun of Shadowrun). Arguably, all of the names of the corporations and definitely all of their logos are copyright. Cute statements about one's Johnson are safe, however. Using the name of Deus is okay in that it's a real word with its own connotations, so I think Fan Pro would have difficulty claiming copyright, same on the terms decker, street sam, otaku and so on (all of which were coined by people predating Shadowrun).
Apathy
QUOTE (nezumi @ May 14 2008, 11:26 AM) *
That would be copyright infringement (unless you're making fun of Shadowrun). Arguably, all of the names of the corporations and definitely all of their logos are copyright. Cute statements about one's Johnson are safe, however. Using the name of Deus is okay in that it's a real word with its own connotations, so I think Fan Pro would have difficulty claiming copyright, same on the terms decker, street sam, otaku and so on (all of which were coined by people predating Shadowrun).

That said, if I had a t-shirt made for personal use, and did not attempt to re-sell it, I doubt Catalyst would bother sending teams of lawyers, or ninjas (or even worse, ninja lawyers!) to my door.
CanRay
No, but they might hire a few low-end Shadowrunners.

Honestly, I don't think your average poster here would be able to handle even such guttertrash. nyahnyah.gif
kanislatrans
rotfl.gif I can just see a team going through my closet . (hell as messy as it is there probably could be a team lost in there already)! grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 14 2008, 05:42 PM) *

Honestly, I don't think your average poster here would be able to handle even such guttertrash. nyahnyah.gif

speak for yourself, if they go through my closet they will cut themselves on some very fine blades.
and if they get that far, they have the whole room with me and more blades behind their backs ^^
i play the combat monkey for a reason <.< *gg*
deek
QUOTE (nezumi @ May 14 2008, 11:26 AM) *

Well, FanPro or Catalyst would have to wait in line with all the copyright infringement I already have on my record...
nezumi
QUOTE (Apathy @ May 14 2008, 10:35 AM) *
That said, if I had a t-shirt made for personal use, and did not attempt to re-sell it, I doubt Catalyst would bother sending teams of lawyers, or ninjas (or even worse, ninja lawyers!) to my door.

Even if you did sell them for profit, I doubt they'd send anyone out to break your legs. However, I don't think it would be in good taste to take advantage of their lack of ninja-lawyers by tromping all over their IP.
Stahlseele
not in good taste, true . . but very much cyberpunk *g*
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (nezumi @ May 6 2008, 12:04 PM) *
I want stuff I can take discretely to work, so t-shirts are right out. Hence why I suggested a coffee mug.

As an aside an Ares sticker to apply to my boom stick would be very cool, but obviously not really something I should be showing off at work.

...yeah, I have a Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems coffee mug & nobody at my workplace gets it. grinbig.gif

Wouldn't mind having an S-K mug, probably get the same response.

...but damn I still want a Niel the Ork Barbarian poseable action figure.

...and a FizzyPop T-shirt.

Adam
Please don't use Shadowrun brand or in-character [Ares, Renraku, etc] logos on merchandise available at CafePress or other places like that. If you make merch for yourself, we can't really stop you, but don't leave it out there "in the wild" for others to find and buy -- WizKids will enforce their trademarks and/or copyrights.

Catalyst Game Labs is working on more SR merch!
CanRay
I, for one, am working on being able to afford more SR Merch! nyahnyah.gif
BookWyrm
Nerps could be packaged like SweetTarts or similar disc-shaped candy.

T-shirts, pins & mugs, I agree with the use of CafePress, but get official clearance first.
CanRay
So... NERPS are a candy?

I have been trying to figure out what NERPS has been for years now!

In fact, I even made fun of it In-Character.
Jaid
NERPS is everything and nothing. when you have achieved true enlightenment, you will know what NERPS is.

(on a side note, i think we should be able to buy a dikoted AVS. ideally, there would be something to show it's also an ally spirit, and it may be wise to include a disclaimer that certain activities are unsafe to perform with your dikoted AVS ally...)
kanislatrans
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 14 2008, 10:42 AM) *

Looking for work: Some shadow experience,( data retrievals, B and E, Photo surveillance,)
Tech skills,mostly hardware .
adequate with firearms and blunt weapons.
many knowledge skills.
good list of contacts and social skills.

If Catalyst is hiring leave a PM on Dumpshock and I'll arrange a meet ....

No honor among thieves ,Omae. wobble.gif wobble.gif
Blade
@Adam: I had a paper version of my webcomic (link in sig) printed by Lulu.com, and I've got some people asking me if they can get one too. Is that ok, if I let them buy one? The project would remain private, but I'd send them the link to get it. (I don't get any money out of it)
DocTaotsu
QUOTE (Kyoto Kid @ May 14 2008, 03:10 PM) *
...yeah, I have a Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems coffee mug & nobody at my workplace gets it. grinbig.gif

Wouldn't mind having an S-K mug, probably get the same response.

...but damn I still want a Niel the Ork Barbarian poseable action figure.

...and a FizzyPop T-shirt.

I second Neil the Ork Barbarian action figures.

But they better let me choose the second season axe, that one was way cooler.
nezumi
QUOTE (Jaid @ May 14 2008, 10:06 PM) *
NERPS is everything and nothing. when you have achieved true enlightenment, you will know what NERPS is.

NERPS == Tao?

Deep...
Nightwalker450
How about:

"My other shirt is dikoted"
BookWyrm
Using candy as Nerps makes more sense than trying to explain what Nerps is to the manufacturer.
Adam
If NERPS can be one thing, selling it as just one thing would be .... silly.
imperialus
I remember back in high school I was big into the punk scene and silk screened myself a crappy looking T-shirt that had the Lone Star logo on it and "You think our pigs are bad" written underneath it for Warped Tour back in 97.

Nobody got it.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ May 15 2008, 02:37 AM) *
I second Neil the Ork Barbarian action figures.

But they better let me choose the second season axe, that one was way cooler.

...agreed...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012