Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shadowrun Merchandise
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
DocTaotsu
In an alternate world where CGL was a megacorps and had buckets of money to throw around. What kind of Shadowrun merchandise would you buy?

My vote goes towards in game T-shirts. As I mentioned in another thread I'd just love to get a "DocWagon: HTR" shirt. CanRay mentioned hats and I'd agree that'd be pretty freaking cool too.

What would you all like to see?
Stahlseele
My other Gun is an Ares too!
Daier Mune
its not quite merch, but i know a guy who has the aztechnology logo tattooed on his skull.
CanRay
Lapel pins have been suggested as well.

OH OH OH!!! I know!

Stuffer Shack Work Shirts!
Stahlseele
(Synth)Leather Biker-Jacket with L.A. Sabers / WINGER 360° on the Back ^^
and/or New Orleans Buzzsaws / Dougan Rose / Muerte Biker-Jacket
Blade
If CGL was a megacorp I wouldn't buy anything from them! Fight the Man! smokin.gif
Wesley Street
Plastic, non-HeroClix style minis. Like the Wizards of the Coast D&D or Star Wars lines.

A Shadowrun GM's software package that has 6D auto dice rollers, digital Grunt, Vehicle & Drone and NPC forms, combat turn order and pass markers, character generation forms, all with free upgrades and software patches... naturally.

A selection of megacorp hats and teeshirts.

Laminated Shadowrun weapons, equipment, spells, programs and vehicles cards with a blank area on each for wet or dry erase note-making.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Nerps! nyahnyah.gif
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 5 2008, 12:58 PM) *
Laminated Shadowrun weapons, equipment, spells, programs and vehicles cards with a blank area on each for wet or dry erase note-making.

I believe you mean dikoted.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
Can you dikote your nerps?
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ May 5 2008, 12:58 PM) *
Can you dikote your nerps?

Absolutely. You want the ally spirit to possess the NERPS first, because dikoting it ups the OR (and also, the ally spirit can protect the NERPS from the high temperatures in the dikoting furnace). But once you have sex with it, the payoff will be worth it.
cryptoknight
QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 5 2008, 10:58 AM) *
Plastic, non-HeroClix style minis. Like the Wizards of the Coast D&D or Star Wars lines.

A Shadowrun GM's software package that has 6D auto dice rollers, digital Grunt, Vehicle & Drone and NPC forms, combat turn order and pass markers, character generation forms, all with free upgrades and software patches... naturally.

/YES

I hate having to paint tons of pewter minis so I can use my minis on a battlemat.
last_of_the_great_mikeys
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ May 5 2008, 11:19 AM) *
Absolutely. You want the ally spirit to possess the NERPS first, because dikoting it ups the OR (and also, the ally spirit can protect the NERPS from the high temperatures in the dikoting furnace). But once you have sex with it, the payoff will be worth it.

Sex with Nerps™? What the hell kinda sicko freak are you?
Sponge
So uh.. what's a NERPS?

I've tried googling it before with no luck, it's even mentioned in the BBB but never explained....

DS
Jaid
QUOTE (Sponge @ May 5 2008, 04:05 PM) *
So uh.. what's a NERPS?

I've tried googling it before with no luck, it's even mentioned in the BBB but never explained....

DS

Non-Essential Role-Playing Stuff.

it was (i've heard) used a lot in earlier editions of shadowrun books, in advertisements for all kinds of different (completely unrelated-sounding) things.
Fortune
It actually started out as an in-joke in the FASA office, standing for Nothing Ever Really Pleases Steve.
Backgammon
Well, I have the (apparently very rare) Shadowrun necklace they made a while back. It's pretty cool, they should re-make that.
Adam
QUOTE (Backgammon @ May 5 2008, 07:46 PM) *
Well, I have the (apparently very rare) Shadowrun necklace they made a while back. It's pretty cool, they should re-make that.

Some things are rare because not very many were made and not very many were made because they didn't sell very well... wink.gif
Fortune
I still have a couple of t-shirts I got at a Con way back in the early '90s. Good quality shirts, one with the original Shadowrun logo and the other has the cover picture from Harlequin.
CanRay
And thus I turn NERPS into an Adventure Plot Hook.
nezumi
Renraku logo mug!
DocTaotsu
I love the the Stuffer Shack work uniform, it should have an extra pocket on the inside.

You know, where you can put your cermaic ballistic inserts for those weekend night shifts.

I think a mini line would be cool but I rarely use minis so they'd exists solely to sit on my desk and amuse me.

My group has several times expressed a wish for a dedicated handheld digital dice roller (ie. not a laptop). I personally love handrolling dice but some of the new guys have uhm... issues with that. Give them more than 6 dice and suddenly half of them are skittering under inconvient objects.

Mugs would be cool, I'd be down for mugs smile.gif

If the Shadowrun 360 game been such a disaster it would have been cool to get a SR themed Zune. You know, for you Shadowrun theme music.
CanRay
OK, I want to know what the Stuffer Shack Logo looks like now, so I can try and have a Stuffer Shack Work Shirt made. nyahnyah.gif
DocTaotsu
God... Stuffer Shacks owned by the Azzie's right?

I wonder if they custom tailor the look to fit the country or if there's a generic logo the use for everywhere.

It's probably something really dull, with hideous color. In fact I'd say it pretty much has to include horrible colors.
CircuitBoyBlue
QUOTE (last_of_the_great_mikeys @ May 5 2008, 05:02 PM) *
Sex with Nerps™? What the hell kinda sicko freak are you?

I'm a Dumpshocker.
DocTaotsu
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ May 6 2008, 01:01 AM) *
I'm a Dumpshocker.

And that there would be a fine t-shirt too.
CanRay
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ May 5 2008, 11:33 PM) *
God... Stuffer Shacks owned by the Azzie's right?

I wonder if they custom tailor the look to fit the country or if there's a generic logo the use for everywhere.

It's probably something really dull, with hideous color. In fact I'd say it pretty much has to include horrible colors.

Probably custom tailored to the locality. Frankly, because I really hate "Summer Wear" clothing when you're working in a Northern Ontario Drive-Thru. dead.gif
Backgammon
QUOTE (Adam @ May 5 2008, 06:57 PM) *
Some things are rare because not very many were made and not very many were made because they didn't sell very well... wink.gif

Yeah, so I figure. Not like I wear it, but I have it hanging on the base of a statuette, and it looks pretty cool. Ah well. I like mine smile.gif
Oracle
TShirts would be great. And possibly even doable without Catalys being a megacorp.
DocTaotsu
I want them to release SR themed shirts but with a twist.

In Hypercolor!

Seriously, what says 80's early 90's like shirts that change based on your body temperature and probably cause cancer?! It's the future bro! The future!
MaxHunter
well, I have a sader krupp coffee mug. And I would love to get some other corp related stuff, like t-shirts, caps or lapel pins.

For t-shirts, I second: "Doc Wagon: HRT"; "Renraku"; "Aztechnology"; "Ares Firewatch " I would love to see those.

The Harlequin t-shirt!!! I would love to have that too!!

Cheers!!

Max
BookWyrm
I have the Harlequin t-shirt. Still fits.
And the cloissone' pin of the original logo, the one with the goat-horned skull.
BishopMcQ
Last year at GenCon there were several t-shirts available that were SR themed...I will have to search and see if I can find the quotes.

Edit: One of them was a Saeder Krupp t-shirt that asked, "Sprechen sie Dracken?"
Stahlseele
i did some research, i did NOT find any PRE PAID VISA and the such over here . .
so do something about people without electronic cash wanting to order things such as Merch from germany <.<
Adam
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ May 6 2008, 11:47 AM) *
so do something about people without electronic cash wanting to order things such as Merch from germany <.<

At this time, we're not planning on offering non-electronic payment options. Sorry for the inconvenience -- I suggest setting up a PayPal account, which you can transfer money from your bank account to, and then use your PayPal balance to pay. You can configure PayPal so it won't automatically draw extra funds from your bank account if you attempt to spend more money than you have as a PayPal balance, and it's really quite painless to do. smile.gif
Speed Wraith
I'd like a shirt that said, "My Johnson double-crossed me and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt." And on the back, "Oh, and a kink bomb."
paws2sky
Hmm...
  • T-shirts for some of the SR bands would be cool (in an "I'm a gamer dork, yo." way cyber.gif).
  • I always wanted some SR dice, but wasn't playing when they were being made. It'd be nice to correct that oversight, especially if the 2, 3, and 4 side weren't painted.
  • Matte black nylon book bag with the SR logo. (prefer the old school S, but I'd settle for a newer logo)
  • Iron-on patches of various Shadowrun corps/nation/group logos/flags.
nezumi
I want stuff I can take discretely to work, so t-shirts are right out. Hence why I suggested a coffee mug.

As an aside an Ares sticker to apply to my boom stick would be very cool, but obviously not really something I should be showing off at work.
CircuitBoyBlue
Were I to see a dude wearing a Maria Mercurial shirt, I would have to tease him mercilessly. And Concrete Dreams is borderline.
Nightwalker450
QUOTE (CircuitBoyBlue @ May 6 2008, 01:01 AM) *
I'm a Dumpshocker.

and on the back "Don't tell the Feds" biggrin.gif
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (paws2sky @ May 6 2008, 12:58 PM) *
Iron-on patches of various Shadowrun corps/nation/group logos/flags.

Hey, that's a great one... I could iron the patches onto my daughter's girl scout vest... rotfl.gif
Speed Wraith
QUOTE (Tiger Eyes @ May 6 2008, 04:18 PM) *
Hey, that's a great one... I could iron the patches onto my daughter's girl scout vest... rotfl.gif

That would probably be an accurate representation of the Girl Scout's in 2070 nyahnyah.gif
swirler
I would buy
"Bunraku Parlor Meltdown: the Hentai Dating Sim"
wink.gif

oh and a "DUNKELZAHN LIVES!"
shirt
and maybe a BIG D campaign shirt or "Don't Blame Me, I voted for DUNKELZAHN"
sure he died but it'd be cool to have
DocTaotsu
I second "DUNKELZHAN LIVES!" As a T-shirt that's just too cool for words. Maybe have that on the front and an official looking "quote" written on the back, something really uplifting like how we need to unite to repulse the horrors or something smile.gif

paws2sky
QUOTE (DocTaotsu @ May 7 2008, 02:40 AM) *
I second "DUNKELZHAN LIVES!" As a T-shirt that's just too cool for words. Maybe have that on the front and an official looking "quote" written on the back, something really uplifting like how we need to unite to repulse the horrors or something smile.gif

I'd prefer adapting an old meme for that shirt.
Front: "Dunkelzhan Has a Posse" and a woodcut-esque silhouette of a western dragon.
Back: some uplifting quote about uniting to to repulse the horrors.

bjorn
QUOTE (swirler @ May 6 2008, 11:08 PM) *
and maybe a BIG D campaign shirt or "Don't Blame Me, I voted for DUNKELZAHN"

I love that!
Apathy
QUOTE (Speed Wraith @ May 6 2008, 12:05 PM) *
I'd like a shirt that said, "My Johnson double-crossed me and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt." And on the back, "Oh, and a kink bomb."

I like the kink bomb quote...

Another variation on the theme might be something like "I went to the Arcology mall, and all I got was this lousy t-shirt... [and on the back] "... and re-programming." (reference to becomming Banded during the shutdown. )

or maybe a sticker for my PC that declares it "Deus resurrection node 148h6z/q5@=67#cg4".
[ Spoiler ]
paws2sky
QUOTE (Apathy @ May 7 2008, 07:51 AM) *
or maybe a sticker for my PC that declares it "Deus resurrection node 148h6z/q5@=67#cg4".

That'd make a great screen saver... smile.gif
nezumi
As an aside, this topic came up once before and we got some great ideas. My wife volunteered to do the actual work at no cost, so people would just be paying cafe press or whoever for the shirt at whatever cafepress charges. However, when I tried to contact Fan Pro for permission to use their IP, I never got an answer. If someone else is willing to do the legal legwork, I'll see about getting the art work done.
Stahlseele
selling those licenses would be like selling licenses for printing money around here *g*
as far as i can tell, someone selling SR-Swag could basically name their price and people would still marble at how cheap it is ^^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012