Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Food Fight Maps
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Method
Since I'd rather be doing just about anything besides studying right now, I whipped up a few maps for the Food Fight Scenario using Google Earth images and some Photoshop trickery. I tried to find a building that closely matched the original Food Fight map printed in SR1, although I had to modify it a bit. They are all formated to print on a standard 8.5" x 11" sheet, and if you stick a sheet of 1/4 inch graph paper in your printer the scale should just about match 1 meter. As a bonus I added a little bar next door (Grey Ghost Saloon was my muse, but you can rename it as you wish).

Feel free to reprint, modify, share, etc... viva la internet.

Aerial
Imediate area (including parking lot)
Roof
Interior

Zak
You really should study more. Think I will use this to run Food Fight at the next Con smile.gif Thanks.
Method
QUOTE (Zak @ May 5 2008, 03:40 PM) *
You really should study more. Think I will use this to run Food Fight at the next Con smile.gif Thanks.

Great!! Let me know how they work out for you.
Sir_Psycho
"Ok, team, fire up. Wheels, pack the drone rack with the doberman with an assault rifle loadout and check the valiant mount on the bulldog. A-trip, I need you to hack a sattellite and get me sat-cams of the stuffer shack and the immediate area, and I want it five minutes ago and you should have an internal layout and employee list of the stuffer shack. We're going to need a breaching shotgun and automatics for cover fire, and I want to see APDS round and spare clips people. Lock and load, I've got the munchies, and I've got them bad."
Wounded Ronin
This thread made me cheese my pants. I now want to hold a great tactical battle inside the stuffer shack.

I now want the enemy gang to number 20, and the player characters, rather than being lightly armed, just got done with a hyper deadly mission against an enemy paramilitary group and are thus loaded for bear.

CanRay
Easy enough to have a big gunfight at a Stuffer Shack...

I can think of a (Very Racist) reason as to why there'd be heavily armed people in a Stuffer Shack.

But, in the interest of not stereotyping things, I shall remain silent.

And have now come up with more ideas, like the opposing Runners the group is chasing crashes their car into a Stuffer Shack window after a ongoing chase, and use it as cover!
coolgrafix
I suggest you either edit your post or explain it.
CanRay
I have an idea as to why a bunch of people at the Stuffer Shack would be heavily armed.

However, I would be performing racial profiling which would have a lot of negative connentations that I choose not to do at this time.
DocTaotsu
I'd presume he's making a semi-IC comment... Racist as in "Oh those darn orks" not racist as in "I wear a pointy white hat in real life"

Granted if that's really how CanRay rolls IRL it'd be nice if we did know about that...
CanRay
I don't truck with Racism, hense my usual casual comments about suggesting drive-bys and riots at Humanis Policlubs.

And the idea I have is very offensive in a number of ways, which is why I'm not saying it out loud on the board.

I'm still probably going to do it, but it'll be with folks that know me, and know that it's just a in-game thing.
Wounded Ronin
OK, how about this.

The runners are hired, in addition to a couple NPCs, to go and assault another runner team which has basically been set up. The NPCs bungle in some way such that the target runner team has a very good chance of fleeing to the stuffer shack for safety, and such that SWAT gets called in.

However, in the stuffer shack there's the 20-strong gang in the middle of robbing the premises. So first the target runner team basically dives in through the windows to take cover and the robbing gang has no idea what's going on, but probably open fire on both the target runner team, and the player characters. The target runner team is getting sandwiched which is good, but then SWAT appears and sandwiches the PCs.

The key thing in the end is that the stuffer shack is riddled with bullet holes, burn marks from grenades, and the residual odor of CS gas.
Method
QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ May 5 2008, 06:25 PM) *
This thread made me cheese my pants.

Hmmm... perhaps a bit of an over share Wounded Ronin? nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ May 5 2008, 06:25 PM) *
I now want to hold a great tactical battle inside the stuffer shack.

Oh you want tactical? How about a Knight Errant precinct station?

Aerial
Exterior
Roof
Basement (booking, holding, evidence)
First Floor (lobby, offices)
Second Floor (more offices, building security)
Third Floor (crime labs, etc)
Forth Floor (a small cyber clinic)

EDIT: updated link: Here
Method
Heres a large warehouse converted into a night club. (The idea for this club was shamefully stolen from a pbp game Fenris ran.)

Aerial
Roof
First Floor (main club, warehouse)
Second Floor (balcony)
Third Floor (living quarters / gang hangout)
Chance359
Nice work Method, if the Fortress book idea ever turns into a web project, they should include you.
Ryu
Yay, thats some nice work!

Methods Main Page

And I think I´m going to use the MetaGuard image.
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (Method @ May 5 2008, 11:57 PM) *
Hmmm... perhaps a bit of an over share Wounded Ronin? nyahnyah.gif

Aerial
Exterior
Roof
Basement (booking, holding, evidence)
First Floor (lobby, offices)
Second Floor (more offices, building security)
Third Floor (crime labs, etc)
Forth Floor (a small cyber clinic)

It's...sniffle...so...beautiful...
Ed_209a
That is crystallized awesomeness, Method. It really is!
Wesley Street
QUOTE (Method @ May 5 2008, 11:57 PM) *

I like how you included a koi pond on the first floor.

Receptionist/Desk Sergeant: "Hello, and welcome to Knight Errant Security. May I offer you a chai tea or bottled water while you wait for your Detective?" wink.gif
Method
Thanks everyone.

I've been meaning to post those for awhile, but I usually export them straight to .pdfs for printing and haven't had much time to go back and convert them all to .gifs images.

More to come... devil.gif

Ryu: I posted the Metaguard ad awhile back. Here is the thread if you want any evil ideas... not that you need help...
paws2sky
I am so bookmarking this thread. Very nice stuff. Thanks!

Hrmm.

Method, what 's the building attached to the stuffer shack? A cafe?

-paws
CanRay
OK, I really need a Stuffer Shack Uniform now, for when I GM the Stuffer Shack Smackdown!
nezumi
My wife started her first GMing experience in a Stuffer Shack. The gangers were actually a group of militant anti-Aztechnology terrorists trying to make a political point, so they really did have heavy gear. One of the options was the runners could team up with the terrorists and hit other Stuffer Shacks and the like as part of the campaign.

(Right now I'm sad because I can't access photobucket whilst at work frown.gif )
Wesley Street
Hey, Method, what did you use to create your maps? Specifically the interior layouts with their furniture? I use Adobe Illustrator and it's pretty quick but is there a faster way?
Method
QUOTE (paws2sky @ May 6 2008, 07:50 AM) *
I was thinking a bar, but it would work as a cafe too. I just figured that the Food Fight scenario would likely go down in a rougher neighborhood, so a seedy bar seems more appropriate.

QUOTE (Wesley Street @ May 6 2008, 08:50 AM) *
Hey, Method, what did you use to create your maps? Specifically the interior layouts with their furniture? I use Adobe Illustrator and it's pretty quick but is there a faster way?

I get the furniture and stuff from www.floorplanner.com. Its a great site, but the free account is very limited and there is no good way to print maps (unless, I assume, you pay for a full membership). Instead I create the furniture I want, take screenshots using Snap N Drag (I use a Mac) and drop them into Photoshop CS. For the buildings I use Google Maps or Google Earth to find an appropriate structure with good stuff around it (again, I use Snap N Drag to capture images). I try to give the players a lot of interesting environment to interact with. I use Photoshop CS to put it all together, create walls, windows, doors etc. I build from the bottom up with a layer for each floor so I can add or modify later as need. Thats the basics, anyway. I don't really know if its faster than Illustrator.
Fortune
QUOTE (paws2sky @ May 7 2008, 01:50 AM) *

QUOTE (Method)
As a bonus I added a little bar next door (Grey Ghost Saloon was my muse, but you can rename it as you wish).

smile.gif

Edit: Sure! The damn question sits there unanswered all night, then you respond just before me. Figures! biggrin.gif
Method
Sorry, I'll try to be less responsible in the future... nyahnyah.gif
paws2sky
QUOTE (Method @ May 6 2008, 01:57 PM) *
Sorry, I'll try to be less responsible in the future... nyahnyah.gif

You do that and I'll work on my reading comprehension. indifferent.gif Deal? wink.gif
crash2029
I just have to say, Method you have some uber map-fu mojo.
Wounded Ronin
If I still were a SR3 GM, and I still had a gaming group, and I still had periods of time in which I could GM over IRC, I would, as a direct result of having been pumped up by this thread, bust out a terrain map with countour lines and use it to make a gnarsty strategic battle.
vladski
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 5 2008, 09:28 PM) *
Easy enough to have a big gunfight at a Stuffer Shack...

I can think of a (Very Racist) reason as to why there'd be heavily armed people in a Stuffer Shack.

But, in the interest of not stereotyping things, I shall remain silent.

And have now come up with more ideas, like the opposing Runners the group is chasing crashes their car into a Stuffer Shack window after a ongoing chase, and use it as cover!

Food Fight is jsut fun! I used it as one of my very first scenarios when I started running SR3 lo' 10 years ago to introduce the players to the world.

Then, when I started running SR4 a couple years ago, I re-used it with a twist to introduce hte new system to mostly the same players. This time they were cops (as that was the campaign) and they were there after a long night stakeout getting breakfast when the gangers showed up. They got to be all Dirty Harry-ish.

Vlad
Method
I just uploaded a Gang Hideout in 7 collectable gang colors... smile.gif

Edit: Scale for the vehicles looks a little off... I'll adjust that when I have more time. Fixed.

Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (vladski @ May 6 2008, 03:33 PM) *
Food Fight is jsut fun! I used it as one of my very first scenarios when I started running SR3 lo' 10 years ago to introduce the players to the world.

Then, when I started running SR4 a couple years ago, I re-used it with a twist to introduce hte new system to mostly the same players. This time they were cops (as that was the campaign) and they were there after a long night stakeout getting breakfast when the gangers showed up. They got to be all Dirty Harry-ish.

Vlad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6-Snl4a1RI
CanRay
Dirty Harry, Mage with Precognition, only with a Geas of having to drink coffee with sugar. nyahnyah.gif
Wounded Ronin
QUOTE (CanRay @ May 6 2008, 06:38 PM) *
Dirty Harry, Mage with Precognition, only with a Geas of having to drink coffee with sugar. nyahnyah.gif

I once played in a SR3 campaign in a character who was a direct ripoff of Dirty Harry. I added the additional complication that Dirty Harry needed to end all gunfights with 6 decisive shots, since Dirty Harry apparently never reloads. Of course, thanks to the SR3 uberpistols, this was actually very doable.
Method
Necro-ka-zam!!

I've posted a few new maps including a waterfront warehouse and a 75 meter cargo ship I mapped for my pbp game.

Link

jklst14
These are awesome. Thanks a ton for sharing!
Wounded Ronin
I love thread necromancy. It must be the Confucian in me.
Ryu
QUOTE (Method @ Aug 3 2008, 02:12 AM) *
Necro-ka-zam!!

I've posted a few new maps including a waterfront warehouse and a 75 meter cargo ship I mapped for my pbp game.

Link

Let me try this, the thread is too valuable to be forgotten (I´m revisiting it because I´m going to use both the ship and the club for todays session):

"Nekro-ca-sam!"

Hmm. Not half bad.
Method
I moved the KE station into a separate folder so I think the links on the first page of this thread are broken. Here is a fresh link:

Knight Errant Precinct Station
Firelance
My old gm hates me and a friend because of what we did at the stuffer shack. We had a blast cool.gif
Method
New: Farmhouse/Mountain Cabin

Aerial
Exterior
Roof
Loft
Ground Floor (The hatch to the cellar would be hidden in the pantry area outside the bathroom)
Cellar
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012