Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: House Rule / idea for Unwired: AR via full VR
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
HentaiZonga
AR via Full VR
Most locations in the Wireless are "geocoded", an advanced 3D mapping protocol that encodes real-world 3D architectural and geographical data into the Matrix. Thus, characters in full-VR may project their Persona icon into the real world as an ARO, moving it around as they would in the Matrix. They can only perceive objects by their ARO and DOT information, and cannot see anything occurring in the "real world" without access to some sort of physically present sensor system. Thus, they can "see" the Persona icons of any character whose PAN is publicly broadcasting, but anyone who stops broadcasting simply "disappears". They are incapable of physically manipulating objects, but may attempt to hack nodes near their Persona icons as normal. Mages and Technomancers have had many bemused discussions on the similarities between this process and astral projection.
Aaron
Ever read a LARP called Cyberworld?

Actually, I should probably call it CYBERWORLD.

(Trust me, it's funny if you've read it.)
MYST1C
QUOTE (Aaron @ May 16 2008, 09:30 PM) *
Ever read a LARP called Cyberworld?

Actually, I should probably call it CYBERWORLD.

(Trust me, it's funny if you've read it.)

Ah, Cyberworld - man, that's a hard read due to their font-choice...

Actually, much of Cyberworld's mechanics (and some background elements) is simply a slightly modified copy of Cyberpunk 2020.

In CP2020 the core real-world/cyberspace area mapping system (and iconography standard) is called Ihara-Grubb Transformation Algorithms, introduced in 2014 (or 1990 IRL). Background-wise the IG Algorithms are for CP2020's Net what the Universal Matrix Specification was for SR's Matrix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012