Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Armor Capacity
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Emperor Tippy
So on my 7th read through of Arsenal and about my 30th read through of the armor section I just notice that the Armor Capacity rules are optional.

When did you notice it?

---
Just thought I would share my stupidity.
Jackstand
Everything in Arsenal is optional.
Emperor Tippy
QUOTE (Jackstand @ May 17 2008, 09:41 PM) *
Everything in Arsenal is optional.

Yes well somethings are more optional that others.
Sir_Psycho
They're a guideline for game balance. If you're full up on capacity and you want to have some feedback technology built into your bodysuit, then it's not a hard rule, and you can talk to your gamemaster about it.

So if you want to have a game where everyone doesn't have 6 levels of Thermal Dampening, Insulation, Nonconductivity, Ruthenium Chameleon Coat, Environtmental Resistance, etc. Then stick to the rules.

I don't think of them so much as optional but bendable.
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Jackstand @ May 17 2008, 08:41 PM) *
Everything in -Arsenal- SR4 is optional.

Fixed that for you. grinbig.gif

"When the rules get in the way of the story, ignore the rules and tell the story." SR4 core rules, p.54.
Emperor Tippy
QUOTE (Sir_Psycho @ May 17 2008, 10:11 PM) *
They're a guideline for game balance. If you're full up on capacity and you want to have some feedback technology built into your bodysuit, then it's not a hard rule, and you can talk to your gamemaster about it.

So if you want to have a game where everyone doesn't have 6 levels of Thermal Dampening, Insulation, Nonconductivity, Ruthenium Chameleon Coat, Environtmental Resistance, etc. Then stick to the rules.

I don't think of them so much as optional but bendable.

I wouldn't mind them (I like the concept) if they made any damn sense. Getting a skinlink built into your armor takes the same amount of capacity as getting Nonconductivity Rating 6. Or getting a Feedback System.

And the chameleon coating takes up no capacity. biggrin.gif
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Emperor Tippy @ May 17 2008, 09:16 PM) *
I wouldn't mind them (I like the concept) if they made any damn sense. Getting a skinlink built into your armor takes the same amount of capacity as getting Nonconductivity Rating 6. Or getting a Feedback System.

And don't even get me started on the vision mods. The same vision mods that you can get in a pair of contacts take up 1-3 armor suit capacity slots? I'm not buying it.
Emperor Tippy
QUOTE (RunnerPaul @ May 17 2008, 10:24 PM) *
And don't even get me started on the vision mods. The same vision mods that you can get in a pair of contacts take up 1-3 armor suit capacity slots? I'm not buying it.

14 total actually biggrin.gif

And if you add in the hearing enhancements then you have just filled up a suit of Heavy Mil Spec
RunnerPaul
QUOTE (Emperor Tippy @ May 17 2008, 10:45 PM) *
14 total actually

Well, I meant per individual modification, not taking the entire menu, but either way, it makes the point.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012