Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gear builder
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2
Dumori
Yeah that's what I was thinking and macros can screw up some times. Nighwalker's char sheet here http://skitzinc.wikispaces.com/Files does some thing similar. You good see how he did it. I am just not sure how much work that would take.
Chrysalis
I had a look at the character generation sheet, what it does is simply copies the whole sheet to a new workbook. It gets really tricky with Macros when you say that if x has a numerical value greater than 1 then copy row into worksheet y. I tried out a few ways yesterday, but my skills in excel do stop way before I have to write Visual Basic Excel.

Anyways, last missing items now placed in the sheet:

Not much more I can do with it now.
Dumori
Would you mind if I played with the sheet then trying to work this out? I do like challenges and problems.
Chrysalis
I would nto midn at all spin.gif

It's why it is designed the way it is so people like you can play with with it.
Dumori
cool let hope unwired does not add too much extra gear. smile.gif
Chrysalis
I got back from the football game yesterday Holland 1 - Russia 3. Amazing game as it went on into extra time.

Anyways, when I came back I had noticed that Unwired was available, bought it and started to read it. Looks pretty good. I spent four hours of this morning going over the tables and gear.

Originally I had the file posted, but I decided against it. All I can say is yes it has been updated and I might publish it sometime next month.

Where does the thin red line run? When does this go from being a time saving device to being something that could be stealing crumbs off the Wizkids' table? At the moment looking over the project as it stands at the moment it comprises of every gear available through-out the released core SR4 books.

I know there will be more books, but at the moment pretty much everything that I could see as necessary in character creation for resources have been added.

Dumori
I have hit a problem with the summary page but I am asking for help in a excel forum. So i hope to have it done with a brief walk-through on how to add new parts to it ASAP.
Chrysalis
Excellent. I look forward in seeing it.

I also updated the nexi part and they can actually be used in creating a nexus now.

Dumori
Well I need to send them a prototype of what the summary would look like but Rl is eating up all my time. Here is a link to the thread i made you can carry on while I sort Rl out. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?p=1934618 also look like some one has made a macro for it not got round to checking it all out yet though.
Chrysalis
Dumori, thank you very much!

I fixed the issue of cells so that now availability, cost and totals all fall in the same columns. I also checked out the macro and I got errors, so I sent out a reply to the thread.

Thanks,

-Chrysalis

Chrysalis
After a few weeks on sitting on it. I have finally released the one with all the unwired goodness. Please check it out:
Dumori
Have you gotten any where with the summary pages or still drawing blanks?
Chrysalis
Still drawing blanks with the summary pages.

-Chrysalis
Dumori
Ah didn't the excel help post get an update with macros what should work? (they don't want to work on my PC I keep getting a boxes saying 400 but it could be because i need the new version of excel)
Chrysalis
I had the same problem.

-Chrysalis
Dumori
Posted the question on the forum but really just copying and pasting works quite well if being tedious.
Sir_Psycho
Just DL'd the latest version. Nice to see the Unwired gear included.

As a suggestion, how hard would it be to have an availability section at the accounting/totals section, so you can check if the character is legal with a glance?
Chrysalis
I am not sure what you mean since all devices can have a maximum of availability rating of 12 at character generation.

I am also unsure what you mean by an "availability section" and what should it display.

I could have it that availability ratings are color coded so when they go over 12 they flash red.

-Chrysalis
Sir_Psycho
Yeah, I just mean a little box on the last page that tells you how many items over avail 12 and where to find them. It would only take up a tiny amount of space, so it could go on the "accounting and totals" tab.

But that also sounds good having the 12+ avails turning red.

I had a crack at creating my own Nexus, and there was a processor limit and (I assume) persona Limit (It didn't say), and by changing their values, the cost went up by certain amounts. Is that your own addition, or are there rules for that in the book? I couldn't find anything in Unwired about processor/persona limits and cost.

Also, is there a way to export everything with a value of 1 and up to another page? So you can just dump a list of equipment to a word doc or another table once you're done?

Have you considered an augmentation section, or another excel document that calculates augmentation costs/essence loss? Personally, I think it would fit better in the table you already have, because it's bought from the same money as gear, so it's good to spend all your cash in one place.
Chrysalis
Psycho, if I could make a little box which shows which items are over 12 I could then make a summary page as well. So far my skills in excel are fairly limited.

Nexus are described in odd places in the book. The calculations are based on the table in the back as well as the paragraph on page 50:

In game terms, nexi work exactly like standard nodes with a
few exceptions. They have a higher processor limit, allowing for
more active programs (with the exception of agents, IC, AIs, sprites,
and e-ghosts, which are limited by Response per standard rules—see
Response, p. 212, SR4). Their configuration and design also means
that System rating is not capped by Response. Nexi are designed to
run multiple personas; their persona limit equals System x 3.
Nexi have a minimum processor limit of 10 and a maximum
of 50.

I suspect that this will be in the upcoming errata for Unwired.

Augmented section will be up when I can figure out several issues:

1. Grades and how to mark them
2. Essence versus capacity
3. Cosmetic Cyberware Modifications

-Chrysalis
Sir_Psycho
I wouldn't call your Excel abilities limited. I can hardly make a spreadsheat even without all those equations involved.

However,
1. Wouldn't it just be a drop box with a different algorithm for each piece of ware. take off a percentage of essence + add a percentage of cost?

for 2. couldn't you just include a drop box that sets either Essence OR capacity? Sure, it wouldn't be able to actually calculate how much capacity was left, but that's not so important.

Chrysalis
I have updated the excel sheet with the new gear from Runners Companion. Again I have withheld this one until people have bought Runners Companion themselves.

I have also been looking at developing an Advanced Lifestyle Option sheet but is still a work in progress and after fiddling with it for a few weeks, I definitely need someone else to further develop it.

-Chrysalis
Chrysalis
I updated the file with the arsenal errata.

The new file can be found here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4151400/63ae88..._CA_241008.html
Bobson
QUOTE (Chrysalis @ Oct 24 2008, 06:56 AM) *
I updated the file with the arsenal errata.

The new file can be found here:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4151400/63ae88..._CA_241008.html

Quite nice. I'm going to give it a whirl for my 800-bp rigger's gear, compared to the regular chargen program. One small suggestion that struck me as soon as I opened it is to move the Budget into one line on either the top or the bottom of the page, rather than taking up 3-4 lines that are almost entirely blank.
Chrysalis
Noted. I'll get it changed this weekend.

The Vehicle mods are listed but have not been integrated into the vehicles. A simple way is simply creating a new worksheet and then copy pasting the information of the vehicle and then the modifications underneath.

You will need to use Arsenal a bit as it is unclear which vehicle already has what modifications.
Chrysalis
I will hold off from posting an update until I get some more changes or change suggestions.

-Chrysalis
Dumori
well integrating weapon and vehicle mods fully would help be is a large undertaking same with a final gear sheet.
Chrysalis
Final gear sheet is something there has been a lot of talk about.

However, until someone gives me an example of how a vehicle and weapons builder sheet should look like this is a dead letter.

There is also the issue of how much should be done with one workbook.

-Chrysalis
Bobson
Another two suggestions: For the Vehicle mod page, add a field to input body, and then calculate all costs that are dependent on body, not just the static costs.

Also, if it could calculate the slots used, that'd be really useful too.
Chrysalis
Updated it with the changes:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4165672/9a7465..._CA_251008.html

Also discovered missing equipment and modifications.

The way the vehicle mod sheet works is you just select the row of the vehicle and paste it in where the current vehicle is.

All the other formulae should work fine.

-Chrysalis
Chrysalis
I am unsure how to run the project in the future as responses have been slight at the best. Most have been rather vague as well.

The output sheet is my next priority and will be sorted out in a few weeks.
cndblank
An output sheet would be wonderful!

It is nice to have all the gear available to pick over, but you also need to be able to print/email/post the gear list to the GM.

Keep up the good work!
Mishra
Hi there smile.gif
After some not TOO excessive testing I like that sheet quite a lot - only point I stumbled across so far is the sheet messing up the calculation of cost for advanced lifestyle. I have an output of "7" not only for AAA-Luxury, but also for High and Low (and even Squatter, I think, but I don't remember correctly at the moment and can't look it up).
I think there's something wrong with that issue, although I have not the slightest idea, what it could be, since my knowledge of Excel ends somewhere after opening it wink.gif
bernardo
Excellent job! I like this sheet a lot and it really is a time saving aid. The only thing I miss is an output with all the character's equipment.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012