Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question asked by my players
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DMFubar
So, in my campaign, I am sending the group to Arabia to retrieve a piece of the True Cross from the 3rd Crusade. My Troll players asked "So, does Pilot Ground Craft cover camels?" I found this humorous for some reason.
Backgammon
A Captain in the UCAS Marines was transferred to a desert outpost protecting a mining conglomerate's interests. On his orientation tour he noticed a very old, seedy looking camel tied out back of the enlisted mens barracks. He asked the Sergeant leading the tour, "What's the camel for?".

The Sergeant replied "Well sir it's a long way from anywhere, and the men have natural sexual urges, so when they do, uh, we have the camel."

The captain said "Well if it's good for moral, then I guess it's all right with me."

After he had been at the fort for about 6 months the captain could not stand it any more so he told his Sergeant, "BRING IN THE CAMEL!!!"

The sarge shrugged his shoulders and led the camel into the captains quarters. The captain got a foot stool & proceeded to have vigorous sex with the camel. As he stepped, satisfied, down from the stool, and was buttoning his pants he asked the Sergeant, "Is that how the enlisted men do it?"

The Sergeant replied, "Well sir, they usually just use it to ride into town."
DMFubar
That would be a yes then? grinbig.gif
Nefacio
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jun 4 2008, 11:14 PM) *
A Captain in the UCAS Marines was transferred to a desert outpost protecting a mining conglomerate's interests. On his orientation tour he noticed a very old, seedy looking camel tied out back of the enlisted mens barracks. He asked the Sergeant leading the tour, "What's the camel for?".

The Sergeant replied "Well sir it's a long way from anywhere, and the men have natural sexual urges, so when they do, uh, we have the camel."

The captain said "Well if it's good for moral, then I guess it's all right with me."

After he had been at the fort for about 6 months the captain could not stand it any more so he told his Sergeant, "BRING IN THE CAMEL!!!"

The sarge shrugged his shoulders and led the camel into the captains quarters. The captain got a foot stool & proceeded to have vigorous sex with the camel. As he stepped, satisfied, down from the stool, and was buttoning his pants he asked the Sergeant, "Is that how the enlisted men do it?"

The Sergeant replied, "Well sir, they usually just use it to ride into town."

LOL very creative.

As for the skill, mmh I dont think that covers it, but if u think it covers horses I would just substract 1 or 2 dices from the roll.
CanRay
I can just see some Go-Go-Go-Ganger trying to kick-start a Camel, and getting kicked in return!
Fortune
Pilot Exotic Ground Vehicle: Camel! wink.gif
AngelisStorm
I don't think it does. I think it falls into the same category as handle animal. There are positive traits and magical abilities that allow you to handle animals better (train, get along with, etc), but no actual skill...

If you need it, I would just add it as the Ride skill.

(Or Fortune's idea: Exotic Ground Vehicle: Animal)
Glyph
Actually, it would fall under the Pilot Anthroform skill - "any vehicle that walks on legs."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012