Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The M41A pulse rifle and verients.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Dumori
Armat a subsidy of Ares has been developing a new modular weapon system for Firewatch. The result of this development is the M40 series. This modular system combines versatile weapons with large ammo capabilities and long range support.

The M41A is an assault rifle witch with a 100 round clip and a 30mm pump-action grenade launcher begins to out perform the Ares Alpha although the grenade launcher has a smaller clip size.

M41A:
SA/BF/FA
6p -1
100 round magazine
Extendabil (read: powered folding stock) when the stock is unfolded a -1 dice pool modifier is in placed due to the assault rifle becoming unstable.
Max effective range 500m
Max range 2100m

With a underbarrel
PN 30mm pump-action grenade launcher
Has a 4 round internal magazine much like a pump-action shotgun
SA
Grenades have airbust link
Grenades can be used as hand grenade by arming probely 5 sec fuse or Via PAN
M51a is frag with airbust
12P (f) +2 -1/m
M40 is HE
10P -2 -2/m
M38 is AV
12P -2/-6 -4/m
M108 is a 9P AP +5 shotgun round choke selectable
M203 is treated has a 7s slug
There is a basic 7p slug round available
Stick and shock round are also available
M60 is an incendiary grenade/ White Phosphorous
Same stats as give in arsenal pg 37
M72A1 is as starbust round that lasts for 15 combat rounds
Treat as a solar or flare depending if fire in to the air or not
Other grenade types are also available

The M41AE2 is a M41A with out the grenade launcher allowing for a much bigger magazine carrying 300 rounds. This variant is used as a squad support weapon and is designed for signal man operation.

M41AE2
LMG variant of M41A
6p -1
BF/FA
300 round magazine
Bipod on upper rail

The M42 is a drastic variation of the M41A by adding a longer barrel and a high tech imaging scope as well as an over barrel bipod the basic M41A is changed in to a deadly weapon capably of accurate fire at rages over 1000m. The small magazine size when compared to the rest of the family of weapons is compensated by the fact that a specialized sniper round has been developed for the M42 this round is available in all snaderd types but costs more than normal ammunition.

M42
Sniper rifle
7p -2
15 round magazine
Bipod on upper rail
Imaging scope on upper rail
Sniper round is available that increases range by 20% for an extra 20% cost

TheM40 is a striped down version of the M41A just the bear bones with a shortened barrel. The exterdeniable stock, smart link and weapon comlink remain but all other parts have been removed. The result is a lighter and more compact gun. The gun also has half the magazine capacity to keep weight down and make the gun easier to handle with the stock retracted. Although the M40 in inferia to the M41A it is othen used when a full blow assault rifle would be to heavy or unwieldy for an operation.
M40
Carbine (smg)
SA/BF/FA
5p -1
50 round magazine
Extendabil (read: powered folding stock)

The above weapons can be swapped on and off the basic M41A's body using an Armorer + Logic (8, 1 minute) Extended Test similar to changing the type of the Steyr AUG-CSL Arsenal page 27

All M4x guns have a smartlink plus a weapon comlink acting as the core of the solders PAN as well as electronic firing. Guns are often given trigger removal and advanced safety but these modifications depend on the squad using the weapons.

Mount wise the M41A has a free top mount, the other guns have the underbarrle mount free and all guns have a free barrel mount.

The side arm given to troops armed with the above weapons is a M4A3 pistol (same stats as Predator IV) using the same 10x24 case less ammo as the rest of the above guns.

All types of ammo can be used in the M40 serise excluding (f) and stick and shock. Due to the lack of sniper rounds the availability of these rounds are increased by 40% But M40 series is often used with HEDP rounds these bleeding edge armor peicesing rounds explode just after impact dealing terrific damage to the target. HEDP round give +2 Dp and -2AP but cost 340 nuyen per 10 and have an availability of 28F

I think these guns would be around that same prices and availability as high class laser weapons.

Edit 1:
added fluff and corrected some spelling errors.

Edit 2:
Added more fluff/rules the M40 carbine and HEDP rounds
Sma
How time flies!
Dumori
I saw that thread but is im coving over weapons and will fleash out the guns later i feelt a new thread would be needed.
Juca Bala
Well, the Aliens Tech Manual states that the pulse rifle shots a HEDP kind of round (High Explosive Dual Purpose), that only explodes after penetrating the armor, so I think that the AP should be -3 to -4 AND the damage should be up by a point.
Dumori
@ Juca Bala: While taking the HEDP round into account I ll add that as a new round just for these guns but all stats are for regular FMJ ammo.

I edited the first post. Will begin to add more fluff and the HEDP round later. As well as the none existan M40 carbine to round of the family.
Dumori
Added to the post with a new verient and HEDP rounds. I want a better corp and spec ops group than Ares and Firewatch and idea would be welcome.
Dr Funfrock
And once again I find myself pointing out that the Pulse Rifle has already been statted in Shadowrun: It's called the Ares Alpha.

By the same token Ares MP-LMG is so obviously the Smartgun. Just look at the artwork. If you want the full package, add a Gyromount and a Smartlink with Ultrasound.

Also there's no point in statting HEDP, as it's obviously just another name for EX-EX.

Sorry to rain on the parade, I'm just figuring why fix what isn't broken?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012