Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anniversary Shadowrun Products
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Synner667
Hi,

As far as I know, SR arrived in 1989, so will be 21 years old pretty soon.

Are there any plans for anniversary celebrating products - limited edition t-shirt, limited edition rules, etc ??

Such things sell out in record time [200 limited editions of Dark Heresy in 6 minutes !!]...
...So as much notice as possible would be nice smile.gif
Adam
There will be anniversary products in 2009 when Shadowrun turns 20, yes.
Demonseed Elite
When Shadowrun turns 21, we'll get it nice and drunk.
hobgoblin
a hardcover book of shadowruns comprehensive history so far? biggrin.gif
Backgammon
Hardcover book with 244 pages of elf lesbian pr0n
Adam
Admin post: This thread is four posts old. Don't derail it.
ravensmuse
Oo! Oo! Translate that German Shadowrun atlas! Die .6 Der Welt! I'd definitely buy it!
Zhan Shi
A while back, Method brought up the idea for a Shadowrun concordance. As it is now, the info is scattered all over. I think a nice, official Catalyst product in that vein would be a good idea for SR's anniversary. Or maybe something along the lines of Shadowrun's most famous personalities...people like Sally Tsung, Dirk Montgomery, et al, with their history and stats. I'd definitely shell out bucks for it.
Zolhex
Nah it's not products it's the return of Dunkelzhan and Captin Chaos! nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Jul 26 2008, 03:27 AM) *
Oo! Oo! Translate that German Shadowrun atlas! Die .6 Der Welt! I'd definitely buy it!

isn't all that great actually . . nice enough yes, but still not all that great in my eyes *g*
and the correct name in german is "Die 6. Welt" which nicely translates to "The 6th World" in this instance . .
and didn't someone mention them working on this allready? O.o
MYST1C
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Jul 26 2008, 03:27 AM) *

It's not an atlas.

Here's my synopsis of the contents.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (MYST1C @ Jul 26 2008, 11:46 AM) *
It's not an atlas.

Here's my synopsis of the contents.

kinda makes me wonder where my copy of that book is
Adam
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 26 2008, 05:39 AM) *
and didn't someone mention them working on this allready? O.o

We are not currently working on a translation of this book.
Eugene
I'd love to see BBB redo for the 20th, still black with the snake on the outside, but inside all in color and looking like the super sweet like the Quick Start Rules. Hey, if CoC could publish a special edition, why not Shadowrun?

Or, um, official Shadowrun dice... biggrin.gif
Synner667
QUOTE (Eugene @ Jul 26 2008, 11:24 PM) *
I'd love to see BBB redo for the 20th, still black with the snake on the outside, but inside all in color and looking like the super sweet like the Quick Start Rules. Hey, if CoC could publish a special edition, why not Shadowrun?

A Shadowrun rulebook that was the equivalent of the CoC anniversary edition [which has a nicer cover, different fonts and artwork, etc - compared to the ordinary CoC rulebook] would be amazing.

Maybe just a numbered, slipcased version of the rules, with errata-d rules, and artwork postcards could be done - similar to the limited edition SR v4 rules.

What have other longrunning companies done for the anniversary of their flagship RPGs - HERO, GURPS, D&D ??

WarHammer Fantasy Roleplay has released a 25th anniversary slipcased version of the rules with a different cover and limited edition dice.
Chaosium released a 21st or 25th anniversary leather bound edition of the rules
Denicalis
Things I'd love to see from a 20th anniversary release:

The re-release of the existing novels. Individually or as a set. Near impossible to track these down anymore.

A nice book dedicated to the metaplot. Information on the major players and the minor themes that bring this wonderful world together.

Some Shadowrun specific dice sets.

Swag. Everyone loves swag. Swag is our friend.

A complete atlas of the current shadowrun world. I'm a map buff, and I doubt this will ever happen, but man would it be sweet.
Adam
QUOTE (Denicalis @ Jul 26 2008, 09:36 PM) *
Swag. Everyone loves swag. Swag is our friend.

Define "swag", please.

[In my experience, swag is "Promotional stuff you give away, generally at conventions."]
Hocus Pocus
21 years old? fully legal, hots
HeavyMetalYeti
Why not a big fluffy book. You know, all fluff no crunch. Like a history book up to 2070. Would help with setting the scene for noobs too. Maybe have character backgrounds of all the stars from the diffenent editions. Still just fluff no stats.
Denicalis
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 26 2008, 10:05 PM) *
Define "swag", please.

[In my experience, swag is "Promotional stuff you give away, generally at conventions."]

Exactly how I mean it, mate. We do it all the time for film stuff, too. It's always fun to keep around. You know, gimmicky extras not core to the product. T-shirts with the logo on it, posters, keychains, postcards, zippo lighters, pens. Just random little things. Cheap to manufacture and a bit of a collector's item for fans. Always good for the marketing. I mean, they need something a little more substantial to support the swag, but swag is always fantastic to fill out the product.

Also, some resin statues wouldn't go amiss. Given how great some of the Shadowrun art is, I could easily see some scaled up figures going over very well.

Have to say, though, the idea of a full guide to the metaplot is what most makes me geek out, Adam. Fires all those little long-time fan neurons. Anyway, cheers for looking for the fan feedback. Glad to hear you guys are already putting plans in motion.
Adam
Well, we regularly do promotional stuff, so I'm sure there will be some that's anniversary themed.

Can I interest you in a Shadowrun logo patch? smile.gif http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=1974

We'll have new shirts this summer, for as long as they stay in stock.
MJBurrage
Speaking of shirts, I don't know what the relative sales are, but I don't wear t-shirts anymore.
Now a polo shirt, I would buy in a second. They are more comfortable, and they look better.
I know they are more expensive, and they might not sell as well to some audiences, but there are a number of places that will make items to order (same logo on hats, shirts etc.)

As for other items how about some dice. Q-Workshop does amazing work, and as I noted in the recent dice thread:
Start with the D6 Digital (in black & white)
  • Remove the large 2, 3, & 4
  • Replace the large 5 & 6 with SR logos stylized to resemble a 5 & 6 respectively (the logo is already close to a 6, for a 5, open the tail, and square the head a bit etc.)
  • Keep the small background numbers on all faces
  • For a Deluxe die:
    - Paint the large 1 bright red
    - Paint the 5 & 6 SR logos bright green
Synner667
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 27 2008, 07:53 AM) *
Well, we regularly do promotional stuff, so I'm sure there will be some that's anniversary themed.

Can I interest you in a Shadowrun logo patch? smile.gif http://www.battlecorps.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=1974

We'll have new shirts this summer, for as long as they stay in stock.

Hmmm...
...If you're an Admin for this Forum, does that make Dumpshock the "official" forum ??
Synner
No. Though we're big fans of the DSF community and many of us - including myself - took our first serious steps in Shadowrun here, DSF is not an official forum.
CanRay
I describe the Dumpshock to my group as the "Officially Unofficial Forum", and, having already described the ShadowLand BBS and JackPoint to them, everyone agrees that this is perfectly appropriate! biggrin.gif
Adam
QUOTE (MJBurrage @ Jul 27 2008, 05:18 AM) *
Speaking of shirts, I don't know what the relative sales are, but I don't wear t-shirts anymore.
Now a polo shirt, I would buy in a second. They are more comfortable, and they look better.
I know they are more expensive, and they might not sell as well to some audiences, but there are a number of places that will make items to order (same logo on hats, shirts etc.)

We've looked into doing some different types of apparel, and we probably will. However, doing shirts and stuff is a really hit-and-miss proposition -- a lot more people *say* they want them than actually buy them, to be frank. We've thrown around some ideas to help fix that, but they're all labor/time intensive, and that gets into our constant time concerns smile.gif

But: there will be new gear this year, and I highly suspect there will be new gear next year. smile.gif
Adam
QUOTE (Synner667 @ Jul 27 2008, 06:02 AM) *
Hmmm...
...If you're an Admin for this Forum, does that make Dumpshock the "official" forum ??

No. I've been an admin here much longer than I've been working for Catalyst.

I actually do almost no administrative work on the forums now, aside from owning the license to the forum software, helping out the other admins if they want some, and occasionally asking people to keep threads on target. All my admin posts are clearly marked.
Scope_47
A Shadowrun baby doll Tee would be great - even if I'd only wear it at conventions.

Have you thought about doing a 'to-order' type thing online, like with Cafe' Press or something... kind of like they do with Order of the Stick t-shirts (though to my knowledge, those still aren't available in the aforementioned baby-doll tee style)

- Scope
Stahlseele
a shadowrun baby doll or teddy would be so cool . . i would get my girlfriend one of those . . and then i would run like hell *g*
Adam
We're not comfortable with the quality of CafePress stuff.

I am pretty sure that the next order of Shadowrun shirts includes girl cut tees; I'll try and confirm that before Gen Con and post up the list of sizes/styles.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2008, 11:47 PM) *
a shadowrun baby doll or teddy would be so cool . . i would get my girlfriend one of those . . and then i would run like hell *g*

i think thats the second time i have seen you write something about getting a gift for your girlfriend and then running like hell wink.gif
Kyoto Kid
..I second the idea of the Big Book o Shadowrun Fluff especially if it updated info from such cool supplements as Shadowbeat, the Target...series guides, and some of the location sourcebooks Like London and SoE.

An Anniversary Edition of the Core rules would be nice as well, especially if it had better art as well as some of the best art from editions past.
CanRay
I'm going to wait and see what "Runner's Companion" gives before I comment on this.

But, yeah, Shadowbeat.

Or perhaps an entire book dedicated to the Ka-POW Ka-POW Shadowteens!

Uh, No.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jul 27 2008, 11:53 PM) *
i think thats the second time i have seen you write something about getting a gift for your girlfriend and then running like hell wink.gif

what can i say? i like me a woman with temper . . and she's just too cute when i get her angry ^^#
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 28 2008, 12:09 AM) *
what can i say? i like me a woman with temper . . and she's just too cute when i get her angry ^^#

heh, i guess i can understand that. just make sure to keep your head low wink.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 27 2008, 03:09 PM) *

...yeah my character Leela is like that...only thing is she also knows demolitions. grinbig.gif
Adam
Admin post: Please, for the love of all that is holy or unholy, depending on how you view the world, keep this thread on-topic.
CanRay
"Stay on topic." "Pull up!" "I can hold it." "Stay on topic." "PULL UP!" "I can hold... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" "Stay on topic..."

I'd make a few suggestions for things wanted for the Anniversary, but apparently they cause heart attacks amongst the CGL team, so I won't. nyahnyah.gif
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (CanRay @ Jul 27 2008, 07:12 PM) *
I'd make a few suggestions for things wanted for the Anniversary, but apparently they cause heart attacks amongst the CGL team, so I won't. nyahnyah.gif

I *think* Adam was referring to the 'Angry Girlfriend' discussion.

As for my suggestion for an anniversary product, I would be interested in a single, large, leather-bound black book with all the Core rules (SR4, Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Running Wild, Unwired, & Street Magic), including most recent errata (make sure you get at least the first version of errata done before printing).

I also support most other suggestions here regarding game content/lore. I am not in the least interested in clothing.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Jul 28 2008, 03:30 AM) *
I *think* Adam was referring to the 'Angry Girlfriend' discussion.

As for my suggestion for an anniversary product, I would be interested in a single, large, leather-bound black book with all the Core rules (SR4, Arsenal, Augmentation, Runner's Companion, Running Wild, Unwired, & Street Magic), including most recent errata (make sure you get at least the first version of errata done before printing).

I also support most other suggestions here regarding game content/lore. I am not in the least interested in clothing.

your aware about the page count on that thing, yes?
Sir_Psycho
It would need it's own Pilot rating and a walker modification so you wouldn't have to lug it around.
Muspellsheimr
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jul 27 2008, 06:46 PM) *
your aware about the page count on that thing, yes?

QUOTE (Muspellsheimr @ Jul 27 2008, 06:30 PM) *
a single, large, leather-bound black book

I think they can handle 1,200 - 1,500 pages...

Yes, it would be large, and expensive, but badass, as long as they do it correctly - reformat the chapters (& use sub-chapters) instead of just tacking everything together.
Eldritch
A hard back, History book. From what, the Shiawise decision? Formatted like a College History text book to cover main events, and shadow comments to fill in the gaps with what really happened by our favorite posters.

No rules. Just history and metaplot.

Adam
Here's where the "all books in one giant hardcover" idea totally falls apart, IMO: internal and external page references. Not only would all the page references inside the book have to be updated, and then there all those other page references ... referring to p. 76 of Arsenal would then lead you to ... p. 432 of this book? Oi; not very easy for someone with this massive tome to easily reference and cross-reference to someone who's just using the basic books, and I don't think this book would be especially friendly at the gaming table, either.

Such a project would be a lot more work than "Well, just send all the old files back to the printer and while they chew on those files, we'll work on the new cover." smile.gif

It's perversely interesting, but a lot more work than most people would expect, and I think it would have a very limited space in the market.

I dunno about most fans [although I have a pretty good idea, I think], but I'd personally rather spend my time working on *new* stuff and better exploring the legacy of the Sixth World, not going back and rebuilding all the SR4 rulebooks.
Jaid
QUOTE (Adam @ Jul 27 2008, 11:37 PM) *
I dunno about most fans [although I have a pretty good idea, I think], but I'd personally rather spend my time working on *new* stuff and better exploring the legacy of the Sixth World, not going back and rebuilding all the SR4 rulebooks.

maybe you only say that because you do the layout, and that's where like 99% of the work would be =D

(though actually, i probably wouldn't buy it. on the other hand, i would most likely buy almost any of the fluff book suggestions that have been made...)
Zhan Shi
Here's a thought...there is a thriving market for film replicas. Why not do something similar for Shadowrun? Maybe a Predator heavy pistol or something. Or perhaps a nice resin statuette of that nasty artifact from Bottled Demon, or a page from the Elemental Scrolls of Ak'lar (or however its spelled). Chaosium (or companies licensed by Chaosium, I'm not sure which) have come out with similar items based on the Call of Cthulhu game. Their Cthulhu statue (made to look like an ancient artifact) is quite nice, and was a good addition to my collection.
ravensmuse
Thank you Stahl and MYSTIC; Mystic, it was your post that got me interested in the book in the first place. I was working off of memory on what the name was though smile.gif

Maybe we fans could compile something of a SR history? There certainly seems to be enough interest in one.
MYST1C
QUOTE (Zhan Shi @ Jul 28 2008, 06:34 AM) *
Maybe a Predator heavy pistol or something.

Getting a Predator (1) replica is fairly easy: That gun was simply a drawing of the gun from the RoboCop movies which in turn was a prop built from a Beretta 93R - it should be available as prop replica, airsoft pistol, etc...
Prime Mover
1. A book that answers all those loose plot elements and threats from past 20 years and covers the timeline/history.
2. Nice fitted ball cap with SR logo and maybe some custom dice.
3. Harlequin 3 He really deserves a complete trilogy. grinbig.gif
4. An Epic plot hook for the 20th year.
5. A Critters book ;P
hobgoblin
ugh, i hate ball caps...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012