Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Squinky's Character drawing II
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Community Projects
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Squinky
Hi all,

I'm back with another thread offering free character art smile.gif

I will probably be a little slower than I was in the past, but I think most folks will like the results.

So, go ahead and post any character you'd like done. I have a couple left overs from the last thread that I will be doing and posting here first of course smile.gif

I will of course PM you when the image is done.

At this point I am not going to post sketches like I have in the past, I'm just gonna go with my best instincts based on your description and post the finished product.

I understand this may not allow as much input as before, but when identifying my mental hang-ups with my art lately, I realized offering the sketch approval faze in this art thread kills my momentum greatly.

Also, unless otherwise stated, I will assume the character is a SR4 character, with commlinks, etc. I will also assume that any firearms are normal cased ammo types, with ammo ports and all, unless you state that they are caseless smile.gif

2008 images:
Aug 08 images
[ Spoiler ]

Sep 08 Images
Tsuyoshikensu's Thud
Greybrother's Obsidian
Coldhand Jake's Jake
Kingmaker's Adrian
SpasticTeapot's Jules
HeavyMetalYeti's Roadkiller
Dec 08 images
Kairo's Redcloud
Pbangarth's Zola
Draco18's Kingfisher

09 Images
Immortal Elf's Silver
Kyoto Kid's Violet
TheOOB's Tsukikage
Hyzmarca's Dino-cop
Gonzomike's Hardliner
Hyzmarca's Santa Troll
BlackB1rd's Shadowfox
Hagga's old adept
JaronK's HobGoblin Scientist
Navarre's Nahual
Orcus Blackweather's Mage
Starmage's Archer
Blacb1rd's Ears
Laughing Granny's Shivers the Techno
Lok1's Loki
Dumori's Adepts blade
Angry Ork's Frank Timpson

Axl's Lucky Rick

Images in line:

wizwyrm's party pg 8

Blakmetalmedic (reserved spot) PM
Sixgun sages rifts character Other thread
Warlordtheft's Troll other thread
Cheshyr's Troll Other thread
Doc Byte's Jedi Other thread
GM lich twitch Pg.9

You can find the Original Art Thread Here
Squinky

Okay,

here is the first :

Jame J's Hacker Jensen

I really enjoyed doing this one, Probably one of my better attempts at AR so far.
Scope_47
Neato smile.gif

I have a new character that I'd love a picture of:

Dr. Jessica Cordell: A 39 year old caucasian (Scots-Irish and British blood if it matters) human woman, 5'3" with a slightly frail build (weighs only about 80lbs). She looks her age, or possibly a little older, and has straight brown hair down to just past the shoulderblades that she usually puts up in a bun with some of the strands and bangs still loose. Her only obvious cyber is a datajack. She is a cripple - paralyzed from the waist down - and has to use one of two wheelchairs (One is a standard Transys Steed that looks pretty much like a normal wheelchair drone, the other is a modified, heavily armored Evo Orderly... which looks kind of like Dr. Xavier's wheelchair from the 90s X-Men cartoon, but with spider-legs instead of hovering. Both are gun-metal colored - draw her in whichever one you like better). As far as 'character', she is an alcoholic and a genius, but a bit of an a-hole as well (think Dr. House from the TV show 'House, M.D.' for her personality/facial expression), and always has a flask of scotch in arm's reach. She also usually has a cane to poke people with and to use to help hold doors open while her wheel-chair goes through. As far as clothing goes, she usually wears a grey suit coat, a blue button-down blouse, a pair of slacks that match the coat, and a pair of square-toed shoes with low heels. (in case you are wondering, she is an ex-cop rigger) If you decide to do a scene rather than just the character (do whatever you like smile.gif ), she is rarely without "Andy" and "Barney" - two LEBD-1 Aerial Law Enforcement drones armed with drum clip modified AK-97s.

Thanks Squinky biggrin.gif , you're made of Awesome!

- Scope

(BTW, I know color doesn't matter, but I said them anyway LOL)
Squinky
Awesome, I'll add you here shortly smile.gif

Another one form the old thread:

Whipstich'es Cuervo

Bull
Heya Squinky, glad to see ya back in the saddle again smile.gif Hope your break recharged you! ork.gif

I edited your original post to add in a link to the first art thread, as I'm gonna unsticky it, and that way people can reference it quickly without using our less than stellar search function wink.gif And of course, I stickied this one for you.

And mind if I toss in an art request?

Rush is an Ork Street Samurai, cut from the classic mold. He wears Mirrorshades, has an inch high, inch wide mohawk, goatee, a tribal tattoo of some kind along his right cheek, and forhead, and an armored long coat. He carries a monowhip, a pair of katana's, and a pair of Ruger Thunderbolts.

And he looks a lot like me. Just in much better shape smile.gif

http://picasaweb.google.com/BullCon/GenCon...138169870083522

This is my current SR Missions character, and one I'll be costuming for the Scramble at Gen Con ork.gif
Stahlseele
yay, he's back ^^
when do you start your own webcomic with that goodness you call your drawings? ^^
Zolhex
Hey welcome back glad to see ya return. here's to all the great new art that your sure to do for everyone.
Squinky
Thanks guys!

Bull
That character sounds fun as hell to draw! I'm prolly gonna kick it up in my personal que because I really dig adapting folks to fantasy settings like that. Oh, and thanks a ton for the sticky and unsticky!

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Aug 7 2008, 03:27 AM) *
yay, he's back ^^
when do you start your own webcomic with that goodness you call your drawings? ^^

Man, I have tried sooo many times to get something going, it just never takes off smile.gif

Here is:

Edge2054's Dwarven Face

ALso:

Casazil's Shadowrunner

Still on old requests, but I am getting there smile.gif
Zolhex
Nice
Kyoto Kid
...welcome back. Looks like the sabbatical did some good. grinbig.gif

No really new characters to submit at this time as I've pretty much been trading off between the Short One and Violet.. Leela's now the main character in the RiS SIP (Story in Progress) though I still would love to see a reworked version of that very first sketch you did of her sometime (the one with her sitting on the crate). No big rush.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 7 2008, 11:26 PM) *
Man, I have tried sooo many times to get something going, it just never takes off smile.gif

aaww ._.
well, was worth a try ^^
you do whatever floats your boat, i will try and wait patiently if the characteri posted back in the old thread gets drawn ^^
Squinky
Hey Kyoto! It just isn't a real character drawing thread until you show up smile.gif

And Thanks Stahseele, I am just going in the order they are presented in the old thread. If I miss anyone, just let me know smile.gif

Here is:

Shadowrunner13's Akira
Kyoto Kid
...someone's gotta keep pushing the envelope with crazy requests. grinbig.gif

...though Hyz's Burger spirit is still awfully..ahhh... strange?.
Squinky
I know I am skipping ahead a good deal here, but I wanted this done before Gencon:

Bull's Rush

I really enjoyed this, hope it is what you were seeking smile.gif
Bull
Aweseom job man smile.gif The speed at which you work blows me away, too... smile.gif

And having this done before Gen Con means I can have a pic of the character at the con smile.gif

Thanks!
DocTaotsu
I'd like to pull a ticket for a character drawing but it's going to be a little while before I can get you a decent @desc. Wanted to snag you before your que got ridiculous.
DocTaotsu
This isn't my most fantastic @desc but I think it'll hit the highpoints wink.gif
Dr. Jubal Taotsu
Human, Male 28 y/o Japanese American (UCASian?).
Black hair (graying), brown eyes. Obvious author insertion character.

5'6ish, medium-heavy build (could stand to lose a few pounds). Fro-like haircut (shorter on the sides), wide smile (the kind that makes people close their eyes when they do it). Right forearm was badly burned years ago and is pretty scarred but functional.

I imagine him leaning in the doorway of his clinic (Elizabeth Street Medical Clinic),dressed out in his runner gear. He's just covered in blood, non-latex gloved hands interlaced and resting on the butt of his M23. He's still smiling widely. His runner gear consists of black/navy blue coveralls with the sleeves rolled up tightly. The coveralls have cargo pockets (actually all of his pockets) crammed full of medical "stuff" and a shoulder pocket with pens, hemostats, and what not poking out of it. Over this he wears a "Why yes I used to work for the military" flak jacket with one of those highspeed 6 magazine chest harnesses. Three point slung to his body hangs a beat-up stock M23. He has two shoulder holsters, one reveals the substantial and familiar butt of an Ares Predator II the other contains a well worn narcoject pistol. Pushed up on his forehead is a clunky pair of vision enhancement goggles. A duct tape covered optical cable runs from the goggles to the datajack at the base of his skull. He's wearing flip flops and the cuffs of his coveralls are rolled up to keep the blood off his bare feet. A pair of gore covered steel-toed boots sit on the steps below him. Next those is his medical bag/backpack, a squat streamlined affair, specifically designed to keep things from falling out or getting dirty. A faded stylized caduceus is stenciled in red on the front.
>>>Edit!>>> Trauma shears, he has a pair of trauma shears either in a sheath on his belt (along with a penlight and a few other doodads) or more likely simply tucked into the front of one of those magazine holders. Trauma shears are those heavy angled scissors that medical types to expediently get you out of you clothes. Fun real life factoid is that you can cut a penny with them fairly easily.
>>>Edit2!>>> Doc loves his job (putting people back together) but he always obeys the first rule of emergency medicine: Ensure the scene is safe. Rendering the scene safe with gunfire is just the logical evolution of that principle although he'd "Rather be saving patient than making them." An easygoing guy with a taste for good green tea and SOTA medical tech, he has something of a hero complex and seriously believes that he's working toward a finer world.

If you're feeling really motivated you can draw an older, bespectacled Chinese ork waving a bunch of bills at him and calmly chewing his ass.

An alternative version has him as above but hosing off his boots in flip flops and tactical gear. The local cat sitting behind him.
Dumori
Right then.

If you wouldn't mind drawing my Technomancer Screamer. (if my GM reads this this is what I'm aiming for)

Hes a dwarf (Lightly built for a dwarf) he sports a head of waist length fiber optic hair but his face is shaved. He wears a chameleon coated set of racing bike gear (normally jet black but he often covers it in odd pattens and/or flames he dose that same for his bike) his helmet is on the floor near his feet on his for head looking like a odd head band are a pair of mirrored goggles streamlined and tear drop shaped (think Riddick). His motorbike is a slake modded racing bike (if you've read snow crash think of the bike in that book) this bike gave him his new name after he went in to hiding from the mob this is because the bike has two large vents/grills on each side that when opened cause the air flowing though them to make a sound like a stooker dive bomber. This bike is driven while lieing down as other wise Screamer wouldn't be able to drive it. Screamers armor is often making pattens to match those on his bike and when driving it the looks like a part of it. The bike has a gyro-stableiser so he doesn't need a kick stand.

On Screamers right arm is a quick relase slide carrying his ares silver gun. Around his neck he has a pair of wrone silver dog tags nothing readable on them a a chaos start pendent. On the left of his chest is a small light wight comlink in a holster and on his left neck is a datajack nect to a datalock.

He is a bit taller than his human sized bike and to get on he uses the exhaust duct and the old foot plate as steps.

I want screamer off his bike but other than that have fun drawing him.

Edit: some grammar misleading sentences.
Squinky
QUOTE (Bull @ Aug 9 2008, 01:36 AM) *
Aweseom job man smile.gif The speed at which you work blows me away, too... smile.gif

And having this done before Gen Con means I can have a pic of the character at the con smile.gif

Thanks!

Sweet! No prob, sometimes I just get in the zone smile.gif
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 8 2008, 07:34 PM) *
I know I am skipping ahead a good deal here, but I wanted this done before Gencon:

Bull's Rush

I really enjoyed this, hope it is what you were seeking smile.gif

...sweet. More Orcs. Love the pose.

OK speaking of Orcs, here's an odd one right upthere with Hyz' spirits.

Rosie the Cyber Riveter.

Rosie's a big gal who was originally into the construction trades. A site accident (during which she saved the lives of several fellow workers) caused her to lose both her arms at the shoulders.

[ Spoiler ]

Remember Hannah? Well think of the same basic personality but as an orc. She's big but not all that unattractive (as orcs go).

Hair worn short in buzz cut.

Obvious Cyber: Full modular arms. Industrial looking chrome with the phrase "We Can Do It" engraved on the right upper arm.
Attachments: Milwaukee Tools® Nail Pistol, Ingersoll-Rand® Jack Hammer, Prima® Welding Laser. (choose one for the right arm standard Cyberhand on the other).
Dermal Sheath (brushed steel finish).
Also has second Cyberhand attachment for social occasions she wears like an extra glove on her belt.

Internals Air Tank (with hose if Jackhammer is used)

Bio (internal)
Muscle Toner
Cerebral Booster
Synaptic Booster

Guns: My faves of course, dual Ruger Warhawks

Clothing: Victory Armoured Coveralls, flannel shirt (sleeves rolled up), work jacket (unarmoured), Hard Hat, and Wolverine work boots.
Accessories: Tool Belt Safety glasses (With SL, Flare Comp, and Image Link)
Vehicle: Ares Humvee (similar model to Rover 2068 in Arsenal).

Personality, Rosie's tough but still fairly easy going "off the clock" (unless you tick her off). Honest, hard working, loves going out with the guys for a few beers after work, and watching sports on the trivid - your typical construction worker. Hates cheats and dishonest people (e.g. most corp execs). Would love nothing more than to put people like the "little princess" (spoiler) in their place.
Squinky
Awesome, Thanks for always keeping me going Kyoto. One of these days, I'd love to be able to ask you to do a render of one of my doods, if you do that sort of thing smile.gif

Here is:
Canrays Nas

Nas is a character from one of Canrays Stories "A Night to Never Remember" and other stories I think smile.gif

You can go check out his fictiony goodness here : Canray's Site o' awesome fiction
CanRay
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 10 2008, 09:18 PM) *
Here is:
Canrays Nas

Nas is a character from one of Canrays Stories "A Night to Never Remember" and other stories I think smile.gif

You can go check out his fictiony goodness here : Canray's Site o' awesome fiction

Now that is an excellent piece of work! Great job! biggrin.gif

Got the eyes bang on! biggrin.gif
Squinky
Woot! Thanks! And thanks again for putting my character in one of your stories smile.gif

Here is:
Stahseele's Vance

I was over at the in-laws today, and just brought along my art stuff smile.gif
Stahlseele
yay!
yes, i like it, very much so, why do you ask? ^^
looks almost like the official "art" in the books o.o
only much better! thank you squinky ^^
Squinky
Awesome!

Here is:

Hyzmarca's 80's car of doom

Hopefully I grabbed onto the concept and did it right smile.gif
CanRay
OK, Squinky, you did such a great job with Nas, and that car, how about doing the chase scene from here?

Damn I'm a greedy bugger, ain't I? vegm.gif
Ryusukanku
Well I may be late to make a request but there is always my Dr Peter McCoy, the Much needed Medic for our team, Occasional Pirate Trid Journalist, moonlighting Shadowrunner and full-time Dwarven Parkour Master.
http://ryusukanku.deviantart.com/art/Dr-Pe...runner-92318693
On the last mission where they had to steal a cargo container full of caseless ammo... or destroy it, their cover as replacment truckers was blown he had to get to the top of a Dockside crane where the controls were. Needless to say he was under fire but his unique climbing skills made getting to the top without getting seriously injured a lot easier. He only got shot once and that was by the guy waiting for him at the top.

To quote my Game Master CanRay: "You pinballed up there like a Mo'Fo!"

Under normal situations (Such as runnign across rooftops on his way to work at Sam's Surgury and Deli) he dresses in one of Mortimer of London's Greatcoat Line, a Bowler Hat, Hobnail Boots and decent casual slacks and a dress shirt... and carries a classic Doctor's Bag. When on a Run he'll wear Bike Racingarmor under whatever clothing he's wearing at the time, as it affords scrape and bump protection as well as penetration and... he can move in it the way he needs.

Other than McCoy I can only suggest Dr Absinthe from the Shadowschool thread. He might be more of an NPC but he's grown on me. Most of what you need to know about him is there other than the fact he has a whole wardrobe of the Vashon Island Steampunk Line... turns out he has a SIN that's one number off from some CEO somewhere and he wound up with a cratefull of the stuff arriving at the Think Tank's Cargo Door.
Yes Absinthe may be a genuine certificate bearing and tenured teacher... but he is also a wizard. His focus is his technologies which are magic in the trappings of Steampunkish science.

A picture of him looking over "Oozie" in it's container with any of the other Shadowschool characters would be kinda cool.

What do you think?

Squinky
Hey, I can try to draw anything smile.gif I'll throw them up in the que. Along with Canray's Scene. Hopefully I'll get to it soon, Lately, I get home from work and just draw all night, its been fun smile.gif

Here is:

Scope_47's Dr. Cordell

Scope_47
That's great!! I really like the smirk you gave her... it reminds me of a scene from our last session when the mage handed her his commlink to fix its security, and she said "Fragging nursery school"

Thanks Squinky smile.gif
CanRay
Damn, I must seem Uber-Greedy now, getting my group to start demanding pics. nyahnyah.gif
Stahlseele
should i ask for an image of Binky? O.o
nah, 4 raptor cyber-legs, 6 cyber-arms, 1 of those articulate arm weapon mounts and cyberskull and torso centaur cyberzombie is silly enough that everybody can imagine that ^^
Squinky
QUOTE (Scope_47 @ Aug 11 2008, 11:58 PM) *
That's great!! I really like the smirk you gave her... it reminds me of a scene from our last session when the mage handed her his commlink to fix its security, and she said "Fragging nursery school"

Thanks Squinky smile.gif

Sweet! Glad you dig her smile.gif

Canray

No greed here, as long as folks don't mind a little wait period, I am willing to attempt to draw just about anything

Stahlseele, I take your challenge!

Heh, but I think I would like to draw it/him/her smile.gif
CanRay
SWEET!!!

I await!
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 10 2008, 07:18 PM) *
Awesome, Thanks for always keeping me going Kyoto. One of these days, I'd love to be able to ask you to do a render of one of my doods, if you do that sort of thing smile.gif

...now that I have a fairly good handle on 3D CG, and a good model base to start with, I might be able do that.
Kyoto Kid
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 11 2008, 03:23 PM) *
Awesome!

Here is:

...Speed Buggy meets Shadowrun. grinbig.gif

That is just so weird...and I like it The troll looks like he's actually enjoying the ride.
hyzmarca
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 11 2008, 05:23 PM) *
Awesome!

Here is:

It's funnier than I imagined it. Not quite as amazing as the Burger spirit, but topping the Burger Spirit is probably impossible.

Stahlseele
QUOTE (Squinky @ Aug 12 2008, 08:07 PM) *
Sweet! Glad you dig her smile.gif

Canray

No greed here, as long as folks don't mind a little wait period, I am willing to attempt to draw just about anything

Stahlseele, I take your challenge!

Heh, but I think I would like to draw it/him/her smile.gif

you, my friend, are unbelieveable ^^
if you deicde to do it, just don't forget to do the other characters in your queue first . .
i'm afraid they would lynch me if they had to wait longer for your quality art ^^
Squinky
Hyz
Good deal smile.gif

Stahlseele
Okay, it's a deal.

Here is:
Dumori's Screamer
HeavyMetalYeti
Hey Squinky I got another vehicle for ya. A nuke powered semi that the body has been modified to resemble a smiling Green Goblin (of Spiderman fame) and can fire meter wide dikoted razor discs out of its mouth. The rigger is an oversized Troll named Bubba wearing a high school jersey for the Hilldale Hornets.
Squinky
Sounds fun!

Posted for Delta56

Male human Gun Adept, Athletic Built (Fit, but not muscle bound) short brown hair, brown lined coat, and his personal weapon, a doublebarrled Super Warhawk (One barrel on top, second on the bottom). I was thinking him pointing off to the right of the picture with one arm, chest towards the picture, wind blowing lined coat from the left.
Larsine
Hi Squinky

I hope you haven't forgotte about Hualamba, you know my monks downhill progression. You did a perfect picture of him at the hight of his career, and I would love to see him when he goes the way of the burn-out.

Thanks for all of your drawings, they are fantastic.

Lars
Squinky
I totally did smile.gif

If I remember right, you wanted another image of him, kinda worn out looking?

I hate to ask this, but could you post a quick description of what you want here?
Squinky
To anybody waiting on me, I'm probably not going to be able to post any art this weekend. I've got a project that takes priority, but once I'm done, I'll hit this hard again smile.gif

Thanks for being patient.
i101
Hoi, I am making a request for my character. At the moment I am playing a Mystic Adept who follows Dog as his Mentor Spirit. My Chars Name is Ryan O'Reily, he has Black Hair and Green Eyes, his Skin has a light tan. Ryan is 1,80cm tall and weights about 175pounds. He has a friendly face but his eyes seem to look harsh from time to time.
Ryans appearance: Ryan has a short haircut (shaves his head every 10 days~) and he has moste of the time a three-day stubble. His build is more wirily. Above his right eye he has a sleaziness scar. On Jewelery he wears a nosering and three leather necklaces with small bones and stones (which in fact are fetishes). The celtic knot leather bracelet arround his right arm is a counterspelling foci. What catchs attention is that his right hand is an obvious cyberlimb.
Ryan usally wears on the street a red pullover with a v-neck and blue jeans, and of course leather boots. Under his black kevlar trenchcoat he wears an Ares Crusader and obviously a Rapier. Furthermore Ryan wears a Cougar Fineblade Knife across the right thigh. The commlink is a wrist model that he wears above his left hand.

I think that I havent forgot anything ... And I hope I havent feed you with too much info on the Char.
It would be nice if you find the time to draw Ryan!

Thanks mate smile.gif
Eugene
I'll add a request, if you don't mind...

His name is Tony Cantello - he's an ork physad who specializes in knife throwing and usually wears an urban jumpsuit or camo while on assignment. He's got old Mafia connections and belongs to a Masonic lodge (it'd be great to have a symbol or two as a tatoo on his arm or neck - maybe a beehive or the compass and square). He's currently got a low lifestyle, so the clothing is street (jeans, wife-beater or its 2070 equivalent) when he's just hanging out.

But really his dream is to be a chef and open his own restaurant (called Tony's, natch). He particularly loves the lasagna (came up in a run once as part of a plan to drug some guards) and the cannoli. It might be fun to see him cooking or cutting meat (the knife theme again), maybe some extra knives stuck in the table, and some poor sap's lifeless self just barely visible or maybe slumped in a chair.

Thanks!
Squinky
Added both to the list! Thanks!

HeavyMetalYeti
@ Eugene: Considering how racist the RL Masons are, do you think that they would allow an ork into their midst? Just a thought.
Eugene
QUOTE (HeavyMetalYeti @ Aug 16 2008, 06:43 PM) *
@ Eugene: Considering how racist the RL Masons are, do you think that they would allow an ork into their midst? Just a thought.

I know a guy IRL who's both Jewish and a Mason, so all Masons can't be racist. Besides, check out Prince Hall freemasonry, an African American branch of masonry. So why not imagine a metahuman offshoot in the 2070s?
HeavyMetalYeti
QUOTE (Eugene @ Aug 16 2008, 07:28 PM) *
I know a guy IRL who's both Jewish and a Mason, so all Masons can't be racist. Besides, check out Prince Hall freemasonry, an African American branch of masonry. So why not imagine a metahuman offshoot in the 2070s?

I could see an offshoot easy enough, maybe founded by some sons of Freemasons that learned about it from their fathers, just not the traditional Freemason. As for being Jewish, that was not what I was refering to. You have to be "born a free man", which I've been told by several Masons that I work with means that if you have any ancestors that were slaves you could not become a Mason. The Prince Hall Masons were slaves of Masons that would meet when their masters would. Though not allowed to join, they started their own because they had the same beliefs. Or so I was told, I'm not one myself.
Stahlseele
i'll try and post a little bit more of an description of the Binky, if i can somehow concentrate enough for this that is . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012