Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Advanced Lifestyles and Starting Cash.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
crizh
So RC has all these funky rules for Advanced Lifestyles that pretty much everybody is going to use for every character because they are dang fragging groovy.

But how do you work out starting cash?

The table seems to indicate that an investment of 6000 nuyen.gif will net you a 'High' Lifestyle for the purposes of starting cash.

Does the author care to comment?
Aaron
I'd tell you to round to screw, if it was me behind the Big Black Screen.
ElFenrir
I'd say round up, since most stuff seems to be round up these days. I'm a rather kind GM though(when it comes to chargen. In-game, now...grinbig.gif )
DWC
I'd argue that you round down, but that's just me being mean.
CanRay
Make them all start off with the Street-Level Starting Cash.

KEEP THEM POOR! vegm.gif
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (crizh @ Aug 11 2008, 04:17 AM) *
So RC has all these funky rules for Advanced Lifestyles that pretty much everybody is going to use for every character because they are dang fragging groovy.

But how do you work out starting cash?

The table seems to indicate that an investment of 6000 nuyen.gif will net you a 'High' Lifestyle for the purposes of starting cash.

Does the author care to comment?

Adam and I agree that rounding up would be appropriate. (So, yes, for 16 to 20 LP, you would use the High Starting Cash value of 4D6 x 500 nuyen.gif )

I had my 6 year old and 4 year old playtest this extensively this morning, and (despite my son losing one die, which he swears he didn't eat, but I remain suspicious) they generally were only a few thousand nuyen apart between middle and high starting cash. grinbig.gif

Remember, though, that Lifestyle Qualities do not alter the actual level of lifestyle, only the final cost (so you couldn't use a quality to "bump" yourself up from 15 to 16 LP to get the extra starting cash)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012