Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Narcoject dart guns
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Jyster
What ever happened to the Narcoject dart guns?

There was a nercoject gun in 2nd edition, and then it disappeared in 3rd and 4th edition. You can buy cyberdart guns, but not a regular one.
krakjen
Wrong about 3rd edition, it was in M&M in a chapter called chemtech gear or something...
Here are the stats:
Dart Pistol - Conceal: 7 | Ammo: 5© | Mode: SA | Damage: Special | Weight: 1.5 | Cost: 600¥ | Avail: 6/2days | St. index: 2 | Legality: Legal.
Dart Rifle - Conceal: 4 | Ammo: 10© | Mode: SA | Damage: Special | Weight: 3.25 | Cost: 1700¥ | Avail: 8/2days | St. index: 2 | Legality: Legal.

Dart Rounds (per 10) - Conceal: 8 | Damage: See rules | Weight: .15 | Cost: 200¥ | Avail: 4/48hrs | St. index: 2 | Legality: Legal.

For the rules:
For range purposes, treat Dart Pistol as a light pistol and Dart Rifle as a shotgun. Using Pistol and Rifle Skill respectively.
The dart can effectively pierce most armors.

---

Now, for 4th edition, I'll use something like:
Dart Pistol - Damage: Chemical | AP: - | Mode: SA | RC: - | Ammo: 5© | Availability: 4 | Cost: 400¥
Dart Rifle - Damage: Chemical | AP: - | Mode: SA | RC: - | Ammo: 10© | Availability: 5 | Cost: 1100¥

Dart Rounds (per 10) - Availability: 3 | Cost: 100¥
tsuyoshikentsu
Meh. You have the Super Squirt; it's not that much different.
Cadmus
Don't forget narcojet filled capsule rounds, good for any normal firearm smile.gif silences or not

krakjen
Yeah, because a minigun loaded with narcojet capsule rounds is a good way to manage a crowd....
CanRay
Bah, I have the SSC. Doctor McCoy has one from back in the day (Gotta love Dwarves and their long lives!).

So far, we've used the Narcojet Rifle against a Ganger, and threatened a cow with it. Unfortunetly, part of the deal was not drugging the cow.

Which was really bad, as the cow was really freaking out and kicking the snot out of the GMC Bulldog's back doors. Good thing it's got decent armour! And knocking it out wouldn't have done anything for the high signal transmitter installed into her head blaring "I'M BEING STOLEN!!!" in AR.
paws2sky
I ended up getting a smartlinked crossbow pistol with nacroject filled injector rounds for my Troll bounty hunter. Seems to work well enough, though I've only used it twice and not against anyone with any significant armor.

-paws
Jaid
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Aug 19 2008, 08:35 AM) *
I ended up getting a smartlinked crossbow pistol with nacroject filled injector rounds for my Troll bounty hunter. Seems to work well enough, though I've only used it twice and not against anyone with any significant armor.

-paws

was gonna suggest this as the most straightforward adaptation. just cross out 'crossbow pistol' and replace it with 'narcoject pistol' on the character sheet and pretend like it's a regular narcoject pistol.
Mr. Unpronounceable
QUOTE (krakjen @ Aug 19 2008, 12:46 PM) *
The dart can effectively pierce most armors.

Which, by 3rd ed rules, meant you needed more net hits than the impact armor rating of the target. Since this easily meant needing 6+ net hits to have any effect whatsoever, they introduced the 'called-shot to bypass impact armor' rule for chemical-vector weapons. Which promptly got expanded into melee & bow-trolls. Which promptly got morphed into 'called-shot to bypass ALL armor' by one of the devs. Blergh.
cndblank
A DMSO naroject dart would take care of that unless the armor had Chemical Protection.

I don't know how. For an acid blast you would just use the full rating added to the half Impact.

But that is a splash of acid rather than a single naroject dart.

Perhaps adding Chemical Protection rating to the threshold to hit?

They did balance Naroject and the other drugs better.

It taking one combat turn to drop the target makes things much more interesting.

I always run naroject as designed to prevent OD, but a minigun might might be enough.
Jaid
QUOTE (cndblank @ Aug 19 2008, 04:40 PM) *
They did balance Naroject and the other drugs better.

It taking one combat turn to drop the target makes things much more interesting.

I always run naroject as designed to prevent OD, but a minigun might might be enough.

that's why smart (and wealthy) runners use gamma scopolamine smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012