Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inititive magic & matrix
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
I know I've seen this reference before but now I can't find it. Are matrix and astral initiative capped by augmented max caps?
Ryu
Good question. We´ve always played it so that the cap on inititiative is derived from the cap on the attributes - with no limit on initiative enhancement per se.
Prime Mover
Well 6 for each attribute and 6 for mods can net a Sami the 18 cap with just wired 3 and max stats and one race that caps at 16 (dwarf?). I always thought cap was augmented max therefore highest "real world" speed one could reach. But what about not in the real world?
Rasumichin
Caps apply everwhere equally, both as far as attributes and IP passes are concerned.

Note that astral Initiative could theoretically be lower than the others, as there are very few ways of enhancing Intuition.
Prime Mover
I'm guessing hard caps were meant to be for all means of initiative but I'm seeing an argument in future with one of my players who's achieved a 20 with 5 passes thanks to unwired. He's going to give me the hey I risk my brain in hot VR all the time I cant have an over 18 init at matrix speeds?
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Aug 21 2008, 05:03 PM) *
I'm guessing hard caps were meant to be for all means of initiative but I'm seeing an argument in future with one of my players who's achieved a 20 with 5 passes thanks to unwired. He's going to give me the hey I risk my brain in hot VR all the time I cant have an over 18 init at matrix speeds?

I see...well, i'd tell him he should be thankful enough for being able to make use of the only way to get 5 Initiative passes and stop his bitching about 2 lousy dice that frankly don't change squat about him being the fastest thing in the matrix anyway.

Or he simply gets genetic optimization for INT and REA and gets his INIT (20).

Yes, that costs a point of RES.

RAW can be a bitch sometimes, but that's life.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012