Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Legendary Matrix programs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Jackhammer mentioned in Ah' short story he recently posted, used by Fastjack. Also showed up in Unwired which I'm pretty sure was a typo referring to Blackhammer. What is it?

JackBNimble this one seems alot like Soulkiller (the soul copying program from cp2020) and maybe mixed with the worm and AI from the crash created AI's and E-Ghosts. Maybe?
hobgoblin
im guessing that jackhammer is fastjacks own take on a exploit program.

coded and maintained by the man himself.
Sir_Psycho
I'm pretty sure Jackhammer is fastjack's custom attack program. It's probably rating 8+ and can attack multiple targets at once and shatters armour programs.

Dunkelzahn "suspected" that JackBNimble was a message from extraterrestrials. If it ever came up, I'd run with that.

Here's a fun list of unique proggies biggrin.gif:
The Apple
Armor of God
Armor Skin
The Bag
Battle Dress
Beagle
The Big Beef
The Big Doink
The Black Box
Black Pawn
Brother Marcus
BugsBugsBugs
Camoflage
Chrome Stones Seven
Cowrie V
Da Goons
The Dance of the 8 Fans
DeckWeb
DoomBroom
The Doppler Nine
The Double-Take
Dragon Task
Dungeon Crawl 5
Flytrap
Forgery V
Friendly Puppy
Gremlins Vi
Hand Grenade
Hand of Doom
Hear No Evil
High Priestess
Hypo-needle, large
Hypo-needle, small
Iai-do 800
Icing IC VI
J.E.Bombast
Karnak
Katana 400
Katana 800
Killjoy
Kissing Bandit
Leo
Lone Star Reveal
Magic Cap
Magic Fingers
Mirrior Balls
MoshiMoshi
MoshiMoshi Executive
Old Chestnut V
One-Armed Browse
Placing Six Throwing Stars
Poison Darts
Probing Fingers IV
Puzzle Box-VIII
Razorback
Red Knife 500
Roller Coaster
Rush Hour
See No Evil
Shoggoth
Snake Oil
Sniper
Speak No Evil
Spectrum 600
Stiletto
System Merge
Tender Lovin’ 8000
Uncle Leo
Veels
Viper VI
Which Way
Window-5

Not all canon. But the majority are.
darthmord
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Aug 23 2008, 09:16 AM) *
Jackhammer mentioned in Ah' short story he recently posted, used by Fastjack. Also showed up in Unwired which I'm pretty sure was a typo referring to Blackhammer. What is it?

JackBNimble this one seems alot like Soulkiller (the soul copying program from cp2020) and maybe mixed with the worm and AI from the crash created AI's and E-Ghosts. Maybe?

Having read the same short story (good story btw), I have to wonder about FastJack. Why doesn't he take advantage of some of the anti-aging treatments that are now available? He has to be filthy rich being the legendary decker he is.

The other thing that kind of bugs me about the "legendary" runners in relation to normal characters... how does a SR4 character ever attain those heights and stay within RAW?
Cain
QUOTE (darthmord @ Aug 23 2008, 03:53 PM) *
Having read the same short story (good story btw), I have to wonder about FastJack. Why doesn't he take advantage of some of the anti-aging treatments that are now available? He has to be filthy rich being the legendary decker he is.

The other thing that kind of bugs me about the "legendary" runners in relation to normal characters... how does a SR4 character ever attain those heights and stay within RAW?

Fastjack: Who's to say he hasn't? We know he complains about being old, but we don't know if he's done anything about it.

As far as attaining "legendary" status, that's easy. Just max out a skill and linked attribute. There you go, you're just as good as they are. Everything else is public relations.
Adarael
JackBNimble, alien communique or not (I think this was D messing with people) operates almost identically to Soulkiller.
Oenone
And once you have the max'd out stats then you just need to write yourself a custom program which is obscenely powerful and you're set.

Oh and perform some kind of uber hack. Because otherwise how can you be considered a legend?
Cain
QUOTE (Oenone @ Aug 23 2008, 04:08 PM) *
Because otherwise how can you be considered a legend?

By having a good PR department, of course. nyahnyah.gif

Seriously, there's thousands of examples across history of people who became famous by vastly overstating their abilities. Even when called on it, sometimes they remain famous. Meanwhile, some people who actually *were* that good remain relatively obscure. It all depends on how the story is told.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012