Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Making a Minigun
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
venenum
Arsenal Page 30 lists the minigun rules and states that any machinegun can be made into a minigun however there is no cost listed. Additionally what would be the most likely rules for a high velocity minigun?

Anybody have a clue or an official ruling?
Ed_209a
On looking back, my post didn't really help, so I nuked it from orbit.

Sorry for the bandwidth.
psychophipps
I would place the cost at about 3 times that of a manufactured minigun before availability reduction expenditures, honestly. All of that custom machining, shipping of parts, etc would be a complete pain in the hindparts. It's not like you can go down to your local gun shop and order minigun barrels, after all.
venenum
QUOTE (Ed_209a @ Aug 29 2008, 12:21 PM) *
This highlights one of the things I didn't like about Arsenal. Some of the items the book calls "mods" would require a total redesign of the weapon. You essentially engineer a new weapon that resembles the previous one, and might use a few of the previous parts.

Well It also lets you design you own weapons... adding mods and renaming. But darn it I want My Troll Sniper wants his high velocity heavy minigun with apds.
tsuyoshikentsu
High Velocity and Minigun wouldn't stack. You'd just get the minigun effect.

Based on a thread I posted a while back on this same question, it seems that there's no official way to make a minigun.
kanislatrans
Macguiver could build one out of some tubing,an old washing machine and a roll of duct tape for about 20 nuyen.gif grinbig.gif
venenum
QUOTE (kanislatrans @ Aug 29 2008, 03:40 PM) *
Macguiver could build one out of some tubing,an old washing machine and a roll of duct tape for about 20 nuyen.gif grinbig.gif

Cost effecient and man portable rotfl.gif
Squinky
QUOTE (venenum @ Aug 29 2008, 01:08 PM) *
Arsenal Page 30 lists the minigun rules and states that any machinegun can be made into a minigun however there is no cost listed. Additionally what would be the most likely rules for a high velocity minigun?

Anybody have a clue or an official ruling?

No official ruling, I'd just go with the same slots and cost as the HVAR mod, and add in a little GM approval smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012