Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rising Young Gangsters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Karaden
Alright everyone, this will be one of the threads for OOC. Please keep this thread to quick and immediately important questions (Like, 'How far away are the enemies?', as opposed to 'When I get 500 Karma, can I do x?')

I may also post here occasionally to request a roll from people, so be sure to check in on this thread often (Another reason to keep the posts short and to the point.)
Karaden
Some information for all of you before I do the IC post.

First off you live in an area known as Fredrickson. It used to be a fairly swanky neighborhood back in the early 2000s but now it is mostly condemned buildings, small hovels, and the occasional decent home. The Halloweeners have a strong foothold in the area, and most people who have anything worth protecting pay them to keep it safe.

(To find the area, get on yahoo maps or something and look for Seattle, a bit south of it is Puyallup, zoom in some and you'll see Spanaway. Zoom in a bit more and look to the right and you'll see Fredrickson, has a few golf courses near it.)

The most interesting thing that tends to happen in the area is the occasional small time ganger wannabe trying to take on the Halloweeners and getting smacked around, though the occasional arson livens things up and makes sure protection money is payed.

The school building is quite large, having once been for the rich and privileged. The fact that it hasn't been properly repaired in over half a century and doesn't have enough students to fill half the classrooms has left it in very poor shape. Still, it's your school, and it is where you have started getting your own foothold in gang life. You know better then to challenge the local Halloweeners just yet, but maybe in the future... Only time will tell.

Of course there are plenty of other threats before you get to the 'big time' of the local Halloweeners, that troll kid in school has always been able to get his way, and there is the matter of that 'other' little gang terrorizing the students. Perhaps it is time you eliminated some competition.
Little Johnson
Soor for the joke ill keep that in the other thread.
Oenone
QUOTE (Karaden @ Oct 3 2008, 06:08 PM) *
Alright everyone, this will be one of the threads for OOC. Please keep this thread to quick and immediately important questions point.)

Does that mean we should use the original thread for more chatty posts? Laughing at comments and discussing plots and plans etc.
Karaden
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 3 2008, 02:50 PM) *
Does that mean we should use the original thread for more chatty posts? Laughing at comments and discussing plots and plans etc.

Yes. Imagine it like this. If we where actually sitting around the table playing, this thread is for questions you'd ask the GM directly, seriously, and on a 'I need to know this soon' sort of basis.

The old recruiting thread is for 'table chatter' and questions that can wait till after the game.
Little Johnson
What do i know about carson? he drive? have friends? Someing hes sweat on? Tink is a manipulating individual its the kind of thing he would take note of.

Karaden
QUOTE (Little Johnson @ Oct 3 2008, 04:47 PM) *
What do i know about carson? he drive? have friends? Someing hes sweat on? Tink is a manipulating individual its the kind of thing he would take note of.

Good questions. A little background info on Carson for you guys:

No one has ever seen him driving, so the assumption is that he can't, though it may just be that he can't fit into most cars.

He only has one person that anyone would call his friend. A dwarf by the name of Lenox. Lenox is the typical brain behind the muscle. He happens to not be in today, which likely explains why Carson is picking a fight.

Carson's big likes are bullying people and taking stuff from people with threats of violence and the occasional actual violence.

He is easily the strongest kid in school, his Troll blood making him mature physically faster then most. He is equally easily the dumbest kid in school, and gets through classes by stealing homework. Even the teachers are rather afraid of him, so they ignore the many varied hand writtings that Carson seems to have.
Oenone
Okay then, stuff I'm curious about before I post IC.

How big/tough is Carson? From your post it implies this isn't the first time he's come at Alexei, so I'm guessing he has some prior experience of say how hard he hits.

Edit - So physically he's likely to be at least 8's in body and strength. This could hurt then if it comes to a fight.

Does he have any obvious cyberware, weapons or anything? (Perception DP of 5 for sight to spot anything not sure if you want me to roll it or if you'd rather do it so we have no clue how good it was.)
Karaden
Ok, a bit more story for Carson.

Carson was always the big bully of the school, being a Troll he matured physically much faster then the rest of the kids, and is for all intents a full grown Troll. He has no obvious cyberware, but he has gone missing from classes with no explanation for a week at a time before, and many suspect that he was getting some kind of cyberwork done, though where or how he could afford it have never exactly come across.

He is more then just big and strong too, he is also quick, and has taken down many other students with a single blow, though it has been a long time since anyone has actually tried standing up to him. In fact not one person has really fought him since he supposedly got his enhancements, so no one has any real guesses as to what they could be, though almost everyone agrees it -must- have been something to make him stronger, though it could just be the natural troll in him.

He wears an armored jacket. Everyone knows it's armored because the plates in it are rather obvious. Usually Lenox keeps him in check, and so Lenox is almost as feared as Carson, because getting on his bad side means your on Carson's bad side, though as I've stated, Lenox didn't show up for school today.

He stands about 2.6 meters tall, and has been known to break stuff just by sitting on it.

I believe that is everything for you.

Oh, yes, and he doesn't carry any weapons on him, his fists have always been weapon enough for him.

Edit:
How big/tough is Carson?

REALLY
Oenone
What are the trays made of? And could one be used as a shield to give an armour bonus?
Karaden
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 3 2008, 06:49 PM) *
What are the trays made of? And could one be used as a shield to give an armour bonus?

Something fairly fragile, your fairly sure these are the same trays from back when this school was first built a century or so ago. You can get a slight armor bonus... say +1/+1, but you'll only get the impact bonus if your holding it with both hands (Otherwise it would just fly back and hit you as opposed to breaking). The tray isn't very likely to survive a good blow though.
Mickle5125
what's the positioning of our group? are any of us behind him?
Karaden
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Oct 3 2008, 07:15 PM) *
what's the positioning of our group? are any of us behind him?

Good question. Right now everyone that has posted so far is in front of him, and I'm assuming their minions are in that general in front of him area. Anyone who hasn't posted is assumed to still be in the lunch line or somewhere else, which would put them behind him, since he came up behind Alexie as he was leaving the main building.
Karaden
In case it wasn't obvious, initiative please. Carson has started combat, so used his first pass.

Please make your rolls here, and wait until your init to make an IC post. Well skip over anyone who hasn't posted yet until they do post (I think one person hasn't posted yet), assuming they are further down the line and having to run past other students to get to the fight, or are somewhere farther off.

Edit: Remember, no long speeches mid combat.
Oenone
Initiative roll. (8d6=37)

8d6 → [5,5,6,4,4,5,2,6] = 5 Hits.

Total Initiative of of 13 with two IP's.

(DP is Reactions 5 + Intuition 3)
Mickle5125
initiative roll

Initiative: 8
Passes: 1
Little Johnson
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1755732/ 1 hit init 7 1 pass
Little Johnson
dbl post
Andrensath
4d6 for Milafin, 7 for Mya. (4d6.hits(5)=3, 7d6.hits(5)=0)
Milafin has Initiative 7 and 1 pass, Mya has Initiative 7 and 2 passes.
Karaden
Well then, with all of that I do believe Oenone gets to post IC next. And for reference, our lovable troll Carson has the highest initiative at 14, just barely edging out Oenone for first go next pass.
Oenone
If we're on the first run through the first IP then I don't get an action. As I defaulted to a full block when attacked, which uses up my next complex action.
Karaden
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 4 2008, 04:15 PM) *
If we're on the first run through the first IP then I don't get an action. As I defaulted to a full block when attacked, which uses up my next complex action.

Very true, in which whoever has next highest init gets to go.

Edit: I was also wondering if people would prefer that I roll init for your characters in the future so that we don't have to wait several hours for everyone to show up just to post their init.
Little Johnson
that would be perfect

post the init order .. cool idea
Oenone
Personally I don't mind.

Although if you roll them it means we can't declare we're using edge etc without making you re-do the rolls.
Karaden
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 4 2008, 03:38 PM) *
Personally I don't mind.

Although if you roll them it means we can't declare we're using edge etc without making you re-do the rolls.

True, which is why I'm asking. Perhaps people could say in advance if they think they'll want to use edge if combat comes up. I figure it is a small price to pay for making the first round of combat go several hours quicker.

Edit: Also

Karaden/Carson: 14
Oenone/Alexie: 13
Mickle5125/Dryden: 8
estralding/Gres: 8
Andrensath/Mya: 7
Little Johnson/Tink: 7
Andrensath/Milafin: 7
estralding/Lou: 6
estradling
Gres's Init 6d6.hits(5)=2 Init count 8
Oenone
On a related note. Would you rather we put the result of our actions or what we're aiming to do when it comes to defence rolls?

For example I posed that Alexei was bringing his hands up to block and rolled, because I didn't know if you'd want to describe the end result of Carsons attack or not?

Karaden
Ah, as for that. I'll let you guys post the results of defensive rolls. Should save on waiting for me to post them. Just don't go too crazy with it. Also you'd know better if your character is going to just dodge out of the way, knock the blow to the side, or what have you. If you fail the roll however, I'll post damage, you'll resist it and base it off that one instead.

Edit:
Also along these lines, I suggest sticking around and checking for an update a few minutes after you post any failed... Actually I'll start including Damage as part of my attacks (Please do the same) so that a failed defense roll can be followed up by a damage reduction roll (Modified for net hits of course)
Oenone
In which case I'll do an IC post edit to show Alexei actually blocking the blow.
estradling
Sorry for forgetting to roll Lou's Init

5d6.hits(5)=1 for a init of 6
Karaden
Ok, just have Tink to go before we start the second pass.
estradling
And then Gres gets pounded into a gooey paste
Karaden
QUOTE (estradling @ Oct 5 2008, 03:06 PM) *
And then Gres gets pounded into a gooey paste

Unless Tink has a panther cannon he neglected to put on his character sheet, that is entirely likely. On the bright side he -is- suffering from wound modifier(s).
Little Johnson
no panther cannon frown.gif and i cant bring my 2 dobermans or the roto drones to bear against him in the school.

Im pretty sure that much mechiengun fire will be the end of our school days if unleashed in the open.

he is going to power up the drones in the shop and set his flyspys he has on him to keep an eye on carson in the event he pummels us and walks away. we will atleast know where he is to get some payback later.
estradling
Defense test 2d6.hits(5)=0[2,4] = (0) No hits

Spending edge 6d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1[3,1,2,1,5,4] = (1)

One hit... only one so he takes 12 damage... he is paste
Oenone
Are we in the second IP of the first turn of combat then? (If so then Alexei is next up in the post order if I'm not mistaken?)
Mickle5125
estradling, did you even try to dodge? or did you just go straight to attempting to soak the pain?
Karaden
Alright, we're on IP 2 now.

This leaves us with only Alexie and Mya acting physically, and Tink and Milafin acting in VR (I believe)

Edit: scratch that, using AR which doesn't give bonus passes, so only Alexie and Mya get to go for the moment.

So, by the init, Alexie, your up next.
estradling
QUOTE (Mickle5125 @ Oct 5 2008, 12:54 PM) *
estradling, did you even try to dodge? or did you just go straight to attempting to soak the pain?

I did make that mistake at first yes... I went back and made the defense test and failed... So trying to dodge didn't make a difference
Mickle5125
well, at least you aren't dead... in serious pain, yes... but not dead. And now our Orc is behind him... HINT HINT. ^_~
Karaden
Everyone please make an edge test and a perception test please. Minions don't get to make edge tests for this, but they do get to do the perception.
Oenone
QUOTE (Karaden @ Oct 5 2008, 09:47 PM) *
Everyone please make an edge test and a perception test please. Minions don't get to make edge tests for this, but they do get to do the perception.

Edge test as in edge attribute? Or current edge value?

Oh and what kind of perception test? As Alexei has a +1 bonus to hearing checks from his cyberears.

Karaden
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 5 2008, 04:48 PM) *
Edge test as in edge attribute? Or current edge value?

Oh and what kind of perception test? As Alexei has a +1 bonus to hearing checks from his cyberears.

Attribute, not current. And it is a listening test.

Edit: Rule of 6 applies on edge test.
Mickle5125
Listening test: [1,6,3,2,2,6,2,2,6,6,4,2] = (4)

Edge test: [6,6,6] = (3)
2nd roll & all subsequent rolls: [[6, 4],4,2] = (1)

Listening was... ok.

Edge... scares the crap out of me. Why did I just roll the Number of the Beast?

Granted, I do wish I had that sort of luck more often...
Oenone
Tests for Alexie =

Perception DP of 6 (Intuition 3 + Perception 2 + Audio Enhancement 1) = 6d6.hits(5) = [4,4,4,2,5,6] = 2 Hits

Hearing Perception Test. (6d6.hits(5)=2)

Edge DP of 2 = 2d6 → [5,6] = 2 Hits (Not sure if I should have rule of 6'd this check or not, so I didn't to be on the safe side.)

Edge Roll (2d6=11)

Edited to include rule of six.... Which achieves no additional hits....
(Bleh)
1d6.hitsopen(5,6)=0

Perception for Taylor the Chemist

DP = 3 (Intiution 4 -1 for no perception skill) = 3d6.hits(5) - [3,1,1] = (0)

Perception roll (3d6.hits(5)=0)
estradling
Edge roll only for Gres

2d6.hitsopen(5,6)=0[2,4] = (0) No luck for him
Karaden
QUOTE (Oenone @ Oct 5 2008, 05:04 PM) *
(Not sure if I should have rule of 6'd this check or not, so I didn't to be on the safe side.)

For the future, always error on the side of too many dice. I can lop off extra dice no trouble. Don't like rolling dice and adding them on though.
Karaden
Congratulations on all the edge hits, you got one of the better results.
This all happened at the start of the new round IP 1, so everyone gets to act again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012