Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancients Deux
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
fistandantilus4.0
Link to IC: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=24007

Link to OOC Ancients:The First http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=19896

Thoughts
Speech
Actions/Rolls
Text/ AR messages
Telepathy

Beginning the OOC for the second incarnation of The Ancients. This round, the cast is currently looking like Fortune, DTFarstar, Doc Funk, and Plan B.
Most of the same characters will be used from the previous Ancients game, on hold waiting for Callidus and Critias.

Build rules are currently Frank's Santa Cruz whachamacallit. Posting rules/format are the same as they have always been for me (Find other links, or I'll put them up later to avoid repeating myself). OOC section is used for OOC comments, die rolls when appropriate (inlcude links to the IC please), and comments on how you're not going to be around for a while and just giving a heads up (as it's bound to happen).

I'll add other thoughts as they occur. Do not list your characters in the OOC thread. I will hang on to them in my PM folder. Any changes you need to make, correct on the saved version that you send me, and send a new copy, with changes highlighted in different colors.

This game will take place primarily in the Seattle Sprawl, with the oppurtunity to wander afield a bit. Some people whined commented on not wanting to take their characters out of the sprawl in the first game, so that's been mostly avoided in this one, although anything can happen.

In the last incarnation of the Ancients, the players are working for the Ancients leadership pulling some shady deals and running between different factions. In this run, the PCs will again be doing work for the Ancients. However this time around, it's part of a much larger scene, of which the players are only seeing a small part. More will be revealed as things go on, turning pebbles into an avalanche.
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved post for locations
fistandantilus4.0
CAST OF SHADOWS

Sammael - Named for the Angel of Death, this petite blonde elf seems anything but the type, until you get to know her. Standing only a llitle over 5 feet tall, Sammael is an attractive elf with soft, pearlescent skin and freckles, blue eyes and long blond hair. Although most definitely older, she's retained her youthful appearance of perhaps 19.
Sammael is a hard and lethal combat mage, and a member of Ebonvert. She is intelligent, calm, and generally in control of herself and whatever is going on around her. Sammael is used to a position of field leadership, taking command of small squads of Ancients as needed and leading them through whatever mess they've gotten into now. She prefers more discreet magic than throwing fireballs and lightning bolts in the streets, but has no problem with burning down a building to get the people on top if need be.

Ambar =Ambar, a tall, muscular elf with dark hair and a brooding manner, he's about as opposite from Sammael as one can get. His name means "Fate" in sperethiel, although he's never bothered to explain it. Ambar is a griffon shaman, and so tends to take on leadership positions. Like Sammael, he is an Ebonvert combat mage, as well as a field leader. He prefers his fights fast and loud however, neither favoring sorcery, or his SMG, as long as the job gets done. He is known to be skilled with the katana he carries as well.
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved post for Running Plot summary
fistandantilus4.0
Reserved post for whatever else strikes my fancy.
Fortune
Reserved for Happy Dance smiley.
fistandantilus4.0
Checked in, but not really "checked in" yet. THat'll be Tuesday. THen I should know where I'll be staying and what's going on.
Fortune
Consider my breath held. wink.gif
Lady Door
Wait... whaaat? You can't put up an OOC thread without telling one of the players in the game. That's simply not done! Bad form, Peter! Bad form!

fistandantilus4.0
Uh...oops! *sheepish grin*
Fortune
He didn't tell me about it beforehand. I was just paying attention ... unlike some people. nyahnyah.gif biggrin.gif
Ol' Scratch
QUOTE (Plan B @ Oct 13 2008, 10:48 PM) *
Wait... whaaat? You can't put up an OOC thread without telling one of the players in the game. That's simply not done! Bad form, Peter! Bad form!

Damn. So much for our master plan to ditch the broad.
DTFarstar
Heh, I'm still around if anyone was wondering. I'm almost done tweaking Haven, should be ready to go as soon and Fist needs me to be.

Chris
Lady Door
Damn. So much for our master plan to ditch the broad.

Oh... I see how it is. Mmmhmmm *headswivel* ... it's on like Donkey Kong now. Bring it.
Fortune
"It's on like Donkey Kong"??? eek.gif

What are you, some kind of deranged geek cheerleader?
Lady Door
<eerie music> Save the cheerleader, save the world... </eerie music>
fistandantilus4.0
First post is up. Taking place after events of Ancients The First. IOW, we won't be seeing Vixen anywhere. wink.gif Feel free to include characters in a spontaneous street party the Ancients are throwing on the streets of Tarislar.

The occassion :It's April and it's not raining.

aaaaaaannnnd.... GO!
fistandantilus4.0
Waiting on a post from DTFarstar.
Fortune
And Doc!
fistandantilus4.0
I wish, but Doc has decided not to roll with us.
Fortune
Hmmmmmm .... That doesn't make me happy. frown.gif

Wanna headhunt another player?
DTFarstar
Ohh, I didn't know I was holding things up, sorry, I was taking my time because I thought I was one of two left to post. My girlfriend is in from out of town and she's sick so I've been spending time with her and trying to make her feel better since Thursday. I'll get a post up soon though, sorry, didn't know I was the sole cause of delay.

Chris
fistandantilus4.0
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 18 2008, 04:35 PM) *
Hmmmmmm .... That doesn't make me happy. frown.gif

Wanna headhunt another player?

Doesn't make me happy either. Alysha talked to him about it. I haven't directly yet. Mostly I don't want to pressure him about it though. I'm not sure that I want another player though. Thoughts from everyone?
DTFarstar
As long as we get someone to carry on the tone of the game and keep with the conventions of good grammar and well-thought out postings that we have established, I'm cool with someone else, but just being the three of us is fine too.

Chris
fistandantilus4.0
If anyone has anyone in particular in mind, please PM me.
Fortune
I'll think on it.

But don't let it hold up the game. We can always add a player later if we feel the need is there.
fistandantilus4.0
Reminder: Speech is SALMON in my games. You guys are going off of Redjack's color scheme. I like to be different better than him. biggrin.gif
DTFarstar
Well, I just noticed I was apparently talking to myself via telepathy not just thoughts, so what color are thoughts because I'm lazy and don't want to figure it out.

Chris
DTFarstar
Now that I know things are moving I am refreshing the IC thread like every 10 minutes or so. Uhg...

Chris
Lady Door
You and me both. biggrin.gif C'monnnnn, Fortune!
fistandantilus4.0
The ONE time Fortune isn't on.... figures. *resigned shrug*
SinN
Hey all. Just thought Id drop in and crash the party. grinbig.gif
Ill leave an IC post as soon as our fearsome GM gives me the go ahead.
Fortune
Y'all lookin' fer me?

Hmmm ... maybe I should post something then. I'll have to read the IC thread first though.
Fortune
Well, DTF and Plan B. I posted! Where are yours? biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
I'll bug DTF . biggrin.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (SinN @ Oct 19 2008, 06:38 PM) *
Hey all. Just thought Id drop in and crash the party.

Welcome to our nightmare. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Fortune
Incidentally, I hate the new smileys! frown.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Yeah me too. The frowny face is still good though. But the new ones are just obnoxious.
SinN
QUOTE (Fortune @ Oct 19 2008, 12:53 PM) *
Welcome to our nightmare. wink.gif biggrin.gif

grinbig.gif Yay Nightmares!
Fortune
That'd make a good name for a gang backed by Ares ... The Knight Mayors. biggrin.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Dork.
Lady Door
Posted, ya'll.
SinN
Im suprised and a bit ashamed that that totally made sense to me.....
SinN
Okay, and a little proud. grinbig.gif
fistandantilus4.0
Thanks. 1 csp.
SinN
Wait, whos got the CSP?
Mickle5125
Sorry to interrupt, Omaes, but if you need an extra, keep me in mind, eh? Looks like you guys have a good thing goin.
fistandantilus4.0
Did you have a character in mind? It'd have to be done lickity-split.
Mickle5125
hmm... depends. what's needed? and what chargen rules?

I can have a character hacked out within an hour or two... 3 max...
fistandantilus4.0
Using Franks rules: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=9901&hl=

There's a mage, a handy man/medic/wheel man, a street sam, and a spirit.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012