Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arsenal Errata linked on Shadowrun4.com
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
link not working as of right now though
Adam
And fixed. Trying to do too many things at once this morning ... time for another coffee.
Prime Mover
Kinda figured...had just sat down with a coffee myself and saw it pop up on feed while was reading.
Ryu
Ohh, shiney! The sensor suite & upgrade rules are good now. Thanks much! smile.gif
Mäx
Damn Fichetti Tiffani Needler became pretty damm cool hold-out with the DV of 8P(f )and +5 to AP love.gif
I think my Sasha will need to get one of those.
By the way shouldn't the preference to it be pointing to Hold-Outs table instead of Light pistols table. grinbig.gif
Prime Mover
AAAhhhh!!! I'm out of ink!

The Gauss edit should cause some woots.
Synner
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 18 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Ohh, shiney! The sensor suite & upgrade rules are good now. Thanks much! smile.gif

I had promised I'd get to them in the first errata. While there will be some tweaks to the corebook rules down the line, the Arsenal errata/clarifications should be sufficient to clear up what Rating gets used and when, and how upgrades were intended to work.
Falconer
Synner:

Did the bits about each individual camera/mic upgrade eating up a sensor capacity slot get forgotten or cut? I remember you mentioning that earlier in your sensor upgrade thread.

EG: if I add low-light, infra, and vision enhancement3 in your prior thread you said you were looking at making that use up 2 or 3 capacity (which dovetails nicely w/ the space improvement in the improved sensors vehicle mod).
knasser
Excellent. When can we expect updated PDFs? When I bought from DriveThruRPG.com, they were always pretty good about sending out update notices, but since the SR stuff gets released first on Catalyst's affiliated company's site Battlecorps, I've got them from there and I don't know if they will notify me or not.

Any idea when it's due, please?

Thanks,

K.
Fuchs
Oh, nice - thunderstruck gauss rifle has "halves all armor but smart armor before aplying AP modifier".
Ryu
QUOTE (Synner @ Oct 18 2008, 04:23 PM) *
I had promised I'd get to them in the first errata. While there will be some tweaks to the corebook rules down the line, the Arsenal errata/clarifications should be sufficient to clear up what Rating gets used and when, and how upgrades were intended to work.

I find the released version superior to what you considered during the "Calling out to Hermit" thread (I learned loads about rigging there, so I remember it fondly). I particulary like the explanation of the overall sensor rating, regardless of how it is calculated.
Synner
@Ryu: I had a little more time to work on it and work out the kinks to make it a cleaner fit with the original writeup and clarify issues that I wasn't addressing back in the "Calling out Hermit" thread.

@Falconer: Those are items to be addressed in errata/updates to the corebook not Arsenal and hence are not in this errata release.
Fuchs
No fix for emotitoys though frown.gif
Shalimar
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Oct 18 2008, 12:20 PM) *

Yea, that was what I was looking for.
hermit
QUOTE (Ryu @ Oct 18 2008, 04:16 PM) *

Seconded!

I find the released version superior to what you considered during the "Calling out to Hermit" thread (I learned loads about rigging there, so I remember it fondly). I particulary like the explanation of the overall sensor rating, regardless of how it is calculated.

Yeah, it was very helpful.

I guess this means they're intended to work like they do.
Synner
No, it means we'll be revisiting the issue after I wrap the Unwired errata.
Fortune
Nice work. Thanks. smile.gif
Rasumichin
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 18 2008, 02:19 PM) *

Woot!

Finally, an alternative to the Barret 121.
BookWyrm
Thanks. Now onto the Unwired & Runner's Companion ones!
Larsine
Errata for the Errata to Arsenal:

p. 19 Special Arrowheads table (also in Compiled Tables, p.173)
The Hammerhead arrowhead should have an availability of 5 and a price of 5Â¥.
The Stick’n’Shock arrowhead costs 13¥.

The Stick’n’Shock is called Stick-n-Shock in the book, and the entry on page 173 is already OK for Stick-n-Shock.

p. 21 Light Pistols table
In the Fichetti Tiffani Needler entry the DV should be 8P(f ) and the AP should be +5

The eratta should also be in the Compiled Tables, p.174.

p. 27 Sports Rifles table
The Recoil Compensation on the Wildhuter should be (1)

The "fl" in Rifles doesn't show on screen, but prints OK. The errata should also be in Compiled Tables, p.176.

p. 59 Sensors table
Ultrawideband Radar entry should have “Rating� before “1-4� in parenthesis.
Sonar entry should list “(Rating 1-6)�
Radiation sensor should list “(Rating 1-4)�

The Sonar entry already have (Rating 1-6) under each of the sub-headings: Passive/Active
If Radiation sensors comes in Rating 1-4, Why is the price then a fixed 100 nuyen.gif ?

p. 74 Drugs table
Add entry for Guts drug: “Guts — 100¥�.

The Drugs table is on page 76.

p. 109 Cars Table (also adjust Compiled Tables, p. 193)
Tata Hotspur should list a Pilot Rating of “2�.

The Tata Hotspur is in the table on page 110.

p. 133 Vehicle Mod table (also Compiled Tables p. 197)
Chameleon Coating should cost 1 slot

The Compiled Table (with Chameleon Coating) is on page 196.

Lars
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Oct 18 2008, 09:19 AM) *

Oh my! not only is it named after the greatest AC/DC song ever, but it blows through armor too!

"Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting twolls!" grinbig.gif
Glyph
Flechette ammo gives +2 Power and +5 AP. So why the hell does the Tiffani Needler do 8P (f) damage? That's effectively starting out with the same base DV as a Ruger Super Warhawk.

Oh well, maybe they'll fix in in the next errata. nyahnyah.gif
gtjormungand
QUOTE (Glyph @ Oct 18 2008, 10:32 PM) *
Flechette ammo gives +2 Power and +5 AP. So why the hell does the Tiffani Needler do 8P (f) damage? That's effectively starting out with the same base DV as a Ruger Super Warhawk.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't +5 AP add 5 points of armor to the victim?
Coldan
QUOTE (gtjormungand @ Oct 19 2008, 05:40 AM) *

That's correct, if the victim is wearing armor (and so has got at last 1 point impact armor).
Glyph
QUOTE (gtjormungand @ Oct 18 2008, 08:40 PM) *

Yeah - and that part's correct (although it doesn't add armor if the victim is completely unarmored).

But it only adds +2 to the Power, so a holdout pistol doing 8P base damage with it shouldn't be happening.
Mäx
Errata for Larsine errata of errata grinbig.gif rotfl.gif
QUOTE (Larsine @ Oct 19 2008, 02:47 AM) *
The Stick’n’Shock is called Stick-n-Shock in the book, and the entry on page 173 is already OK for Stick-n-Shock.

No it's not ok, the price is missing at least in the pdf version.
BullZeye
The following weapon entries should list an AP of +5
(per the updated flechette rules): Raecor Sting (p.174), Ares
Viper Slivergun (p.175), Remington Roomsweeper w/ flechettes
(p.175), Mossberg AM-CMDT (p.176), Remington 990
w/ flechettes (p.176), Street Sweeper (p.176).

But if one adds +2P +5AP to a shortgun, doesn't it make it 9P(f) +4AP? instead of +5AP as the original damage is 7P -1AP...
Glyph
Those weapons already have the damage code modified for flechette ammo - it is only the AP that needs adjustment, since flechettes have +5 AP, instead of +2 AP, now. Some of the shotguns have two lines, one for normal ammo and one for flechette ammo - the normal one will be 7P, and the flechette one will be 9P (f).

The previous APs for flechette ammo are all +2, which is what flechette ammo used to have, so apparently flechette ammo negates the AP modifier for the guns, as well as applying its own AP modifier. It would be nice if it actually said so somewhere in the rules, though. Going purely by the RAW description of flechette ammo, post-erratta, it should be +4 for weapons such as the Ares Viper slivergun and the shotguns.
Larsine
QUOTE (Mäx @ Oct 19 2008, 08:53 AM) *
Errata for Larsine errata of errata grinbig.gif rotfl.gif

No it's not ok, the price is missing at least in the pdf version.

QUOTE (Arsenal pdf Version 1.0 (Jan 2008), page 173)
Stick-n-Shock 6S(e) -half 6R 13 nuyen.gif 19

I rest my case... smile.gif

Lars

Mäx
QUOTE (Larsine @ Oct 19 2008, 07:40 PM) *
I rest my case... smile.gif

Lars

wobble.gif
Page 19. cyber.gif
DocTaotsu
Wait wait... Sensor upgrades are worth foisting on my rigger now?
psychophipps
QUOTE (gtjormungand @ Oct 18 2008, 07:40 PM) *

Which is still less than the six dice typically needed to counter the +2 power. Flechette ammo is full of win in DoT.
Larsine
QUOTE (Mäx @ Oct 19 2008, 07:02 PM) *
wobble.gif
Page 19. cyber.gif

Which is why I wrote "the entry on page 173 is already OK for Stick-n-Shock". The errata claims that both page 19 and page 173 is wrong about the Stick-n-Shock, but page 173 is correct.

Lars
Mäx
QUOTE (Larsine @ Oct 19 2008, 09:16 PM) *
Which is why I wrote "the entry on page 173 is already OK for Stick-n-Shock". The errata claims that both page 19 and page 173 is wrong about the Stick-n-Shock, but page 173 is correct.

Lars

Oh right embarrassed.gif sorry abou that silly.gif
KCKitsune
I would like to know why sensor software packages are so worthless at low ranks. I mean at rating 1 or 2 the programs are worse than useless. You are unlikely to get even a single hit and they still take a program slot. It's only when you are using rating 4 or higher that they become something useful. Why did Catalyst do that?
The Jopp
I see that the Mimic modification hasn't entered the errata with price and availability.

I assume this will be corrected in later errata?
hobgoblin
QUOTE (KCKitsune @ Oct 24 2008, 09:09 AM) *
I would like to know why sensor software packages are so worthless at low ranks. I mean at rating 1 or 2 the programs are worse than useless. You are unlikely to get even a single hit and they still take a program slot. It's only when you are using rating 4 or higher that they become something useful. Why did Catalyst do that?

somebody didnt do their maths?

or maybe one should read the ratings as a basic "vga" camera and so on? as in, sure you can see movement on there, but it could be sensor noise for all you know...
KCKitsune
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Oct 24 2008, 03:57 AM) *
somebody didnt do their maths?

or maybe one should read the ratings as a basic "vga" camera and so on? as in, sure you can see movement on there, but it could be sensor noise for all you know...

OK so if I tied the sensor software packages to an Agent will that give me extra dice equal to the rating of the Agent?
Ryu
Per RAW it wouldn´t. Be careful with tinkering, some of the high-end softs are already pretty dangerous for runners.
Dr Funfrock
QUOTE (psychophipps @ Oct 19 2008, 12:48 PM) *
Which is still less than the six dice typically needed to counter the +2 power. Flechette ammo is full of win in DoT.

Don't forget that Flechette works against Impact armour, which is typically 2 less than Ballistic.

Some interesting comparisons:

Solid Slug (7P / -1 AP) vs Body 4 in Armor Jacket (8/6)

1 net hit on the attack roll for 8P damage.
11 dice soak for an average of 4 hits (approximately). 4 damage after soak.
2 Nuyen a shot.

Flechette (9P / +5 AP) vs same.

1 net hit for 10P damage.
15 dice soak, for an average of 5 hits. 5 damage after soak.
10 Nuyen a shot.

Explosive (8P / -1 AP) vs same.

1 net hit for 9P damage.
11 dice soak for an average of 4 hits (approximately). 5 damage after soak.

EX-EX (8P / -2 AP) vs same.

1 net hit for 9P damage.
10 dice soak for an average of 3 hits (approximately). 6 damage after soak.
10 Nuyen a shot.

So EX-EX wins, but Flechette comes close, and doesn't have that pesky "blow up when I glitch" effect. Still, for half the cost and the same damage, even with the glitch rule Explosive is a more tempting option.

I personally house rule that flechette rounds for shotguns cost the same as regular ammo, because that's kinda the point of shotguns. Also, it's often noted that shotgun "counts as" flechette, rather than actually being flechette.
Of course shotguns also have medium and wide choke, which is really unpleasant when combined with tight burst (though GM discretion is suggested for that one. I see it as trying to hold the gun steady rather than just painting buckshot everywhere, which would be wide burst).

Of course, if you ever do come up against unarmoured targets of any kind, load up flechette and go crazy. +AP only works if there is armour to add to.
BlackHat
QUOTE (The Jopp @ Oct 24 2008, 03:29 AM) *
I see that the Mimic modification hasn't entered the errata with price and availability.

I assume this will be corrected in later errata?

It is in there.
The Jopp
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Oct 24 2008, 02:04 PM) *
It is in there.

Ignore me I'm blind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012