Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Skill list?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Maelwys
Now that all the books are out, is there a compiled list of skills out there? I know that Arsenal, Unwired and Augmentation didn't seem to add many skills, but I'm sure they added some, and a quick list would be helpful..if not, I'll just work my way through the books, but who knows, this might save me an hour.
DireRadiant
I'd be very surprised if there are new skills. The stated goals of the extra books are to add extra options, but not new core rules. So while there may be lots of new Qualities, gear, and items, there shouldn't be any new core skills. There may be some things that offer new specializations, btu those are always up to the GM and players anyway.
Malachi
Street Magic added the Arcana skill. I think Augmentation adding a new skill called Cybertechnology or something, just in case you have a character that wants to install 'ware for himself or the group. That's all I can think of right now.
pbangarth
And Enchanting, in Street Magic, which can be a major addition to play, particularly down-time between runs.

Peter
Mickle5125
Chemistry from Arsenal

Flying from Runners Companion
Muspellsheimr
Street Magic
Arcana
Enchanting

Arsenal
Optional Rule - make Chemistry an Active Skill

Augmentation
Tweaking the Rules - make Medicine a Skill Group with each specialization as a separate skill

Unwired
Psychology (Knowledge Skill) [Used with PAB]

Runners Companion
Add Flying to the Athletics Skill Group

@Mickle - Flying is in the BBB, under the Critters section. PC's simply never had any real use for it before Runners Companion.
Fortune
You can't really count Knowledge Skills, as theoretically they are limitless in number. It would be next to impossible to list every single one, which is why only a few examples were given in the Core Rulebook.
Muspellsheimr
I listed it because it has a specific, & despite being a knowledge skill, active use.
Fortune
Fair enough.
Maelwys
Thanks for the help. It was about what I thought, though I missed the one in Augmentation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012