Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Catalyst Game Labs Submits Offer for WizKids' Properties
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Cardul
Oh...cool...so, he is suing to pay Topps! wink.gif
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Cain @ Feb 17 2009, 04:08 PM) *
Hey, tha's an idea, We have Frank Trollman sue for the Shadowrun IP. That oughtta make things interesting, and he's got a more legit claim to it.

No thank you.

QUOTE (Cardul @ Feb 18 2009, 01:32 AM) *
No, no...a morphic unicorn officer in the ELH...would probably fit into SR as a Changeling, but not into BT.

Or are you meaning "Eridani Light Horse", which is just a merc unit that focuses on faster and lighter mechs and vehicles?

I honestly have no idea what an Eridani Light Horse is; I was a big BT fan when I was younger, but really only through a few tech manuals, the Grey Ghost Legion books, and the terrible, terrible cartoon.
Ryu
I would say he can be glad if Topps ignores him, yes. And that is based on his side of the story.
Ryu
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Feb 18 2009, 01:11 PM) *
I honestly have no idea what an Eridani Light Horse is; I was a big BT fan when I was younger, but really only through a few tech manuals, the Grey Ghost Legion books, and the terrible, terrible cartoon.

The Eridani Light Horse is just a BT mercenary unit. It is significantly less known than the Wolf Dragoons, the Gray Death Legion, Wolf Dragoons, the Kell Hounds, the Northwind Highlanders, Wolf Dragoons... that guy got his special interest promoted on the official website, increasing it´s value, and now he´s trying a pure (if dumb) get rich scheme in return. Lart!
hobgoblin
QUOTE (ravensmuse @ Feb 18 2009, 01:11 PM) *
No thank you.

highly agreed. my first thought is rein-hagen (or what ever that white wolf personality was named), or maybe ron edwards. neither something this hobby needs more of imo...
Ryu
The SR IP is used by good hands right now. Anything that weakens that grip is totally not desireable.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (Ryu @ Feb 18 2009, 10:40 AM) *
The SR IP is used by good hands right now. Anything that weakens that grip is totally not desireable.

I second that. CGL is doing an Grade A job IMHO. Just ordered SM, RC, and AUG to finish out my collection. I haven't spent that much on Role-playing books in probably 10 years. Can't say enough good things about the curent crew running the ship.

If my lotto numbers ever come in Catalyst would be the first call I make to invest in, simply cause I love what they have done with the IP. grinbig.gif
TheForgotten
QUOTE (Ryu @ Feb 18 2009, 01:16 PM) *
I would say he can be glad if Topps ignores him, yes. And that is based on his side of the story.

Personally I think he has a chance at winning. The judge will court costs against topps and award him maybe a hundred bucks in damages as actual damages as HE FAILED TO REGISTER THE DAMN COPYRIGHT! He can be right all he wants, where's the damages? Still this thing is likely to take at least a year to get resolved.
ravensmuse
QUOTE (Ryu @ Feb 18 2009, 08:40 AM) *
The Eridani Light Horse is just a BT mercenary unit. It is significantly less known than the Wolf Dragoons, the Gray Death Legion, Wolf Dragoons, the Kell Hounds, the Northwind Highlanders, Wolf Dragoons... that guy got his special interest promoted on the official website, increasing it´s value, and now he´s trying a pure (if dumb) get rich scheme in return. Lart!

Does the Grey Ghost get any recognition? Or is it a minor tiny little piece of merc history?

Thanks for the explanation, btw.
Synner667
So what's the latest ??

CGL still say they're going to produce new material...
...But if they don't have the SR license, I can't see how that can happen.
Eugene
I'd imagine the same way they do it now. They still have the license; they were trying to buy the property (more or less) outright, and that's what stumbled.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012