Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC Daily Action #1
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Play
OOC conversation for Daily Action.

Who's in? That's a good question.

Play begins Thursday am. If you're the only one in on thursday, that's when we start playing.

If you wander in over the next several days, cool.

Please put your char sheet in the first posts of the IC board, edit them later if necessary. I'd like them to be the first posts for easy reference.
Mister Juan
Dexter Pope

Race: Human (0BP)

Stats (180 BP)
[ Spoiler ]

Skills (200 BP)
[ Spoiler ]

Quality & Flaw (-25 BP)
[ Spoiler ]

Contact (7BP)
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledge (18 Free BP)
[ Spoiler ]

Weapons
[ Spoiler ]

Weapon Accessories
[ Spoiler ]

Clips
[ Spoiler ]

Ammunition
[ Spoiler ]

Grenades
[ Spoiler ]

Mini Grenades
[ Spoiler ]

Armor
[ Spoiler ]

Commlink
[ Spoiler ]

SIN
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Lifestyle
[ Spoiler ]

Vehicle
[ Spoiler ]

Cyberware
[ Spoiler ]

Bioware
[ Spoiler ]
Play
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 18 2008, 05:31 PM) *
-No one can pose as a face wink.gif
-We can barely patch ourselves up if we get hurt
-No one has a car nyahnyah.gif

Cool.
Cthulhudreams
I have a car (you get one free with high lifestyle per RC), the heal spell and a first aid kit

Pfft! biggrin.gif
rob
Jesse THINKS he can pose as a face. I'll probably fudge his characteristics around a little bit, since he's actually supposed to have more bark than bite, and he's a bit too much bitey for my taste right now. You'll see my well developed sheet tomorrow, after I go to the coffee shop tonight and work out the gear.

Jesse is a bit of a rigger and a very skilled auto mechanic. He will have a car that does not suck.

As far as 'patching up' - we can account for sensible alternatives to that. Patching up, IMHO = put tampon in bullet hole, get in car, drive to hospital.

Aside from that, all of these are things that foresight can work past.

@MrJuan - Yeah, I realized my character and yours would work quite well together the instant I read yours. I'm cool with apartment together and prior acquaintance.
rob
Oh, and pet peeve:

I have always thought the individual strength for cybearms and the recoil compensation rules for shadowrun are the dumbest rules in there. Not complaining, nothing against any character concept, but GAH!
Play
QUOTE (rob @ Nov 18 2008, 06:06 PM) *
Oh, and pet peeve:

I have always thought the individual strength for cybearms and the recoil compensation rules for shadowrun are the dumbest rules in there. Not complaining, nothing against any character concept, but GAH!

Which reminds me, if you're doing the double arm amputation accident thing with job/insurance paying for replacements, I'll wonder if they're more than the cheapest arms around.
Mister Juan
I decide to dump Digestive Expansion and the Smart Firing Plateform to get a Rover 2068. I don't have the cred left to armor it up sheeeet creek, but I'm sure Jesse could do it in due time wink.gif
rob
Jesse will be up shortly. He could do it easily.
Play
Any last questions about your characters and such?

Looks like we have Rob, Juan, and Ctuhulu. Haven't heard from Angelina Jolie and the other guy.

krayola red
You didn't want Angelina Jolie. nyahnyah.gif
rob
Alright, here's Jesse "Toad" Volkmann

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=92640

Note that I still have a minor amount of nuyen shuffle to do, and will probably switch some skills to skillsoft.

I added wild card prototype, and paid for it by reducing strength and adding some failure flaws to his cyberarms (since they're personally heavily modified secondhand pieces of crap), and augmentation addict (since he's a little snot who uses cyber, bio, and his brains to get over that fact).
Play
QUOTE (krayola red @ Nov 19 2008, 10:08 PM) *
You didn't want Angelina Jolie. nyahnyah.gif

True, but haven't heard from you since then. Didn't know if you were still wanting in or not.
krayola red
Oh, Angie was my only character idea. If I come up with something else before the game starts, I'll let you know. smile.gif
Mister Juan
I thought a quick physical description would be good.

By the looks of it, and because of the way he often speaks, Dexter seems to be in his late forties, early fifties. He always sports a mustach and his hair cropped military short. His eyes, in a way, reflect his age: they are incased in one way reflective chrome bubbles, a mod not so popular now. Since he knows that this tend to make a lot of people feel a bit uneasy about his unblinking state, he will always cary big aviator sunglasses to hide behind. Unless he's on an op, Dexter will usually wear ridiculously loud and unpleasent hawaii shirts. Light blue and neon orange seem to be his favorite colors these days, judging by his shirts. He also seems to have a lot of affection for his very worn and beaten up Chicago Cubs baseball cap... which he wears almost as often as his disturbing hawaian shirts. Build wise, Dexter his probably twice as fit and strong as men half his age.

He also will never go anywhere without some sort of armor on... and a gun. Always a gun. Well... he doesn't SLEEP with one usually, at home.... Well... sometimes he does....
Cthulhudreams
Dagda - Mage

Street Alias: "Skriatok"
Fake SIN Name R4: Tuatha De Danann (Irish immigrant with permanent residency in california) C.A.S Citizen
Fake SIN Name R4: Vasilii Ivanov Gubin (Russian immigrant permanent residency with in californi) U.C.A.S citizen
Fake SIN Name R2: David Kievlianin Zorynich (Russian immigrant from kiev) California Citizen.

Origin: The Urals, Russian Federation
Nationality: Russian
Metatype: Ork
Meta variant: Skriatok (Orge Mechanically)
Sex: Male
Height: 2.1 meters
Weight: 140 kg
Hair: None, completely bald.
Eyes: Pale blue, almost grey.
Lifestyle: High. To feed his geas Dagda drinks heavily and accumulates gold possessions like some sort of gold based magpie.

[ Spoiler ]

I've also gone with a tradition that is loosely based on buddism and earth elementalism. I debating moving earth to guidance and putting fire in place in combat, because a relationship with plants gives you a relationship to the sun.

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Edit: I'd most like to improve my magic, he's just not tha hot at it at the moment.
Cthulhudreams
Should I just post in the other thread?
rob
Alright, Jesse's been updated, nuyen shuffle complete, life and times are happy for all concerned. Looking forward to starting whenever.

Here's the cheat sheet for the major stuff:
[ Spoiler ]

Quick description - Jesse is short and buildt like a bullet, even for a dwarf. He's just over 5' tall and over 226 lbs. He's obviously young, and grows a scraggly beard to look older. He has terribly tacky tatoos that crawl around his body and change by his mood, even though he's never been to a tatoo parlor. He's currently on a pinup girl and snake phase. He thinks they're awesome. Jesse has a chip on his shoulder almost the same size as he is. He tries to prove his awesomeness at any given opportunity; but he's pretty good with the failure and ridicule this often elicits. He simply can't come off as anything except fairly naive and attention-craving (which is what he is). Jesse's smart as hell, and spends most of his spare time tinkering on things. He carries around his messenger bag full of arms and tools all the time, and spends more time with his right arm as a vise-grip than as an actual arm. He almost always has his fancy little pepperbox pistol in his boot (what he calls his Sting), and has a general defensive demeanor. Anyone who knows jesse knows he's more bark than bite; anyone who knows him very well knows that deep down inside (under the layers of grudges and persecution complexes) he's only SLIGHTLY more bark than bite.
Play
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Nov 20 2008, 06:43 PM) *
Should I just post in the other thread?

As we've started...yes.
Mister Juan
I just realized that Dexter's cyberam doesnt even break the 12 avail bar.... which means that I can use his "Restricted Item" quality for something else.
SO, here is my question to you all (both partners and God... God being Play): what should I get.

Since I'm breaking avail, Dexter can literally go overboard with the sort of firepower we all dream of. Here are the various items I'm thinking of:
-Swapping his sniper rifle (Desert Strike) for the Barret
-Getting a modded out Assault Canon to act as a long range anti material rifle
-Upgrading his LMG to a HMG
-Throwing the LMG out the window and getting a Gattling Gun wink.gif
-Or going totaly over board and getting the jaw dropping gun of awesomeness: The Gauss Rifle (once again, it would be used almost strictly as an anti-material rifle, since it halfs ALL armor)
Play
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 21 2008, 12:46 PM) *
I just realized that Dexter's cyberam doesnt even break the 12 avail bar.... which means that I can use his "Restricted Item" quality for something else.
SO, here is my question to you all (both partners and God... God being Play): what should I get.

Since I'm breaking avail, Dexter can literally go overboard with the sort of firepower we all dream of. Here are the various items I'm thinking of:
-Swapping his sniper rifle (Desert Strike) for the Barret
-Getting a modded out Assault Canon to act as a long range anti material rifle
-Upgrading his LMG to a HMG
-Throwing the LMG out the window and getting a Gattling Gun wink.gif
-Or going totaly over board and getting the jaw dropping gun of awesomeness: The Gauss Rifle (once again, it would be used almost strictly as an anti-material rifle, since it halfs ALL armor)

Get whatever your little heart desires. (evil god grin)
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Play @ Nov 21 2008, 04:04 PM) *
Get whatever your little heart desires. (evil god grin)

I just want to assure you that whatever I might get, I will NOT abuse.
So, guys, any thoughts before I go and get something ridiculous in our arsenal?
Play
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 21 2008, 01:17 PM) *
I just want to assure you that whatever I might get, I will NOT abuse.
So, guys, any thoughts before I go and get something ridiculous in our arsenal?

One man's abuse is another man's intelligent strategy.
rob
All of those weapons are cool, but actually ignore the awesomest piece of availabilty 12+ gear in the game: A rating 6 fake ID with enough fake licenses to make all the other forbidden shit you're carrying look legal.

Or, a missile launcher.

Or, some good body armor...

All cool things.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (rob @ Nov 21 2008, 05:10 PM) *
All of those weapons are cool, but actually ignore the awesomest piece of availabilty 12+ gear in the game: A rating 6 fake ID with enough fake licenses to make all the other forbidden shit you're carrying look legal.

Or, a missile launcher.

Or, some good body armor...

All cool things.

Crap! Now you reminded me of the Heavy Military Grade armor....
Play
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 21 2008, 02:30 PM) *
Crap! Now you reminded me of the Heavy Military Grade armor....

Hmmm, would I rather shoot at someone from a distance with a really big gun, or would I rather get hit by someone shooting at me and hope my armor holds up......

Ohh the options!
Mister Juan
Yea wink.gif I feel like if I get stupidly big armor for Dexter, the first guy we meet will be toting a Vindicator wink.gif
Play
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 21 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Yea wink.gif I feel like if I get stupidly big armor for Dexter, the first guy we meet will be toting a Vindicator wink.gif

Nah, I'm not that kind of gm.
Mister Juan
Alright. I'll shuffle a few nuyens and points around to give Dexter a Gauss Rifle of Awesomeness.
Mister Juan
Are we just shooting the shit.... or are we like..... waiting for others? I mean, IC wise.
Play
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Nov 21 2008, 04:09 PM) *
Are we just shooting the shit.... or are we like..... waiting for others? I mean, IC wise.

Both, it looks like. Waiting on Ctulhu. We'll just assume he's here by tomorrow at the latest.

But you can start chewing on/talking about the IC question now....."What are you going to do now?"
rob
Some initial movement towards answering that...
Cthulhudreams
Going to post now.
Play
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Nov 21 2008, 08:12 PM) *
I hate this shithole Dagda thinks to himself as he shoulders past the heavyset bouncer with a grunt, his commlink authenticating himself to the pubs low grade systems, and his gun sliding past the MAD scanner. It reminds me of Russia

You nor your char knows what systems there are or aren't in the bar and doorways, nor whether you would pass them or not.

Silly.

In the future, please post only your actual actions.

I like that you rolled for your spells. Me likes that. Everybody feel free to do that unasked for.
Cthulhudreams
haha, sure thing - I just figured that any MAD scanner couldn't break the physical mask (spell > object rating) so it wasn't a real issue.

I wouldn't do it if its something Important TM. But if you want to do it all the time, then thats cool.

Play
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Nov 22 2008, 01:15 AM) *
haha, sure thing - I just figured that any MAD scanner couldn't break the physical mask (spell > object rating) so it wasn't a real issue.

I wouldn't do it if its something Important TM. But if you want to do it all the time, then thats cool.

re: the MAD scanner. It wasn't just about assuming you passed the test, it was assuming there was, or wasn't, a scanner in place. ya just never know until you know. No biggie, we're just starting.

re: the spell. No, you don't have to send rolls every time. I do like to see them though. I 'll ask for it if I really need it.

rob
We might need some sort of push towards a common lead or known thing. The things that occur to Jesse for getting money are stealing cars and selling coke.
Cthulhudreams
I'm not to sure what we're supposed to do - is the GM going to give us a lead, or do we need to find one?
rob
I think that depends on what our esteemed GM has in the hopper. But, when in doubt, call a fixer.
Mister Juan
Well, to my knowledge, only Dag has an actual fixer as a contact wink.gif
Play
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Nov 22 2008, 09:05 PM) *
I'm not to sure what we're supposed to do - is the GM going to give us a lead, or do we need to find one?

If you pass on the opportunity to go the direction you want to go, I'll drop something on you.

The first post posed the question "What do you want to do?"

GM wants to know what you want to do.
rob
Jesse's already expressed his IC ideas what to do. He doesn't have any particularly big ideas for a run and is not the kind of person to get them on demand. IC, he can't drive this train. If other people have good ideas, or some comment, or something, we can go on that; otherwise, we'll probably need a DM push.
Play
Well how about this then. Do -something- for me to play off of. "Ring Ring Hello Hi this is your fixer I have a job for you" is unappealing to me.
Mister Juan
Pulled a double at work today, so I JUST got in. I'm dead tired.... so I'll post tomorrow.
rob
Hey, we do need something to structure our ativities. 'ring ring this is your fixer' is annoying, but... I mean, 'oh, it's another day, lets launch into an epic adventure' is also hard to come up with IC (otherwise we would've done it yesterday).

We can always do something easy, like the little food fight scenario. Something to react to, and then our reactions lead to ideas further down the line. But right now I'm trying to come up with why today at the bar should be materially different than the notional 'yesterday at the bar.'
Mister Juan
Just as a quick rule of thumb, Dexter will always stack first to a door (meaning that he'll position himself to be the first one in), probably with Dag behind him. My main reasoning behind this is that Dexter is probably the best shooter of the group, and so, will be able to neutralize most target upon entry. Also, the reason why I would have Dag following right after him is that he is taller than Dexter. This means that if need be, Dag can actually shoot "over" Dexter. If Dag went first, and for some reason became immobolized, Dexter couldn't "shoot over him"

Since our little rag tag group has probably been in the field together more than a few times, they're probably used to operating togheter. We might want to call out SOP (standard operating procedures) when we can think of them.
Mister Juan
On this, I believe we'll let our esteemed GM reply something before we dash into the street nyahnyah.gif
Play

QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Nov 26 2008, 05:34 PM) *
Dagda reaches under his jacket, pulling out his SMG - still concealed by magic from the rest of the patrons.

So....Dagda is now holding an invisible weapon? Just making sure I'm hearing you right.
Cthulhudreams
Yup. Do I look like a damn fool?

Yup. I'd actually re-read physical mask and check if I could mask the way I'm standing, but currently I'm thinking it looks like the bit out of RocknRolla where someone makes a finger pistol, then the target gets blown away.

Mister Juan
QUOTE (Cthulhudreams @ Nov 26 2008, 09:11 PM) *
Yup. Do I look like a damn fool?

Yup. I'd actually re-read physical mask and check if I could mask the way I'm standing, but currently I'm thinking it looks like the bit out of RocknRolla where someone makes a finger pistol, then the target gets blown away.

For some reason I find this extremely amusing.
I can just see Dag going "PEW PEW PEW!" with his mouth
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012