Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR3 Shielding + Reflection question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
fazzamar
The group that I GM still plays 3rd edition (they refuse to try 4th) and we've been having a discussion, ok ok, an argument about if sorcery/spell pool dice can be assigned to a person for both Shielding and Reflection... for example...

Feca, our tank of a mage, has a Sorcery (Spell Defense) of 5/8 and a spell pool of 7. He's a 2nd level initiate with Shielding and Reflection as his metamagic feats. Some questions arise, for example....

Can he allocate 2 Sorcery dice to Shielding (so he gets the +2 modifier protection) AND allocate 13 dice to Reflection?
If so, when he gets a hostile spell casted his way can he roll the 2 Shielding AND the 13 reflection?
If he has to pick one or the other can he still get the +2 if he uses reflection?

Thank you in advance for any help you guys give me.
Fazzamar
Cain
QUOTE (fazzamar @ Nov 30 2008, 08:47 PM) *
Can he allocate 2 Sorcery dice to Shielding (so he gets the +2 modifier protection) AND allocate 13 dice to Reflection?
If so, when he gets a hostile spell casted his way can he roll the 2 Shielding AND the 13 reflection?
If he has to pick one or the other can he still get the +2 if he uses reflection?

AFAIK, yes. The two stack with one another, they're not incompatible.
Ryu
I would deduct from the description of Shielding (Magic in the Shadows) that you can assign both Shielding and Reflection dice to one target, but get to use only one kind of spell defense. I donĀ“t recall which was the "proper" ruling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012