Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question about Control Rig Booster (Nanoware)
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Sumo Neko
Hey everyone,

I am a long time SR player & GM, but new to the boards and SR4.

I have a question on the Control Rig Booster (Nanoware) from the Augmentation sourcebook (pg. 108)

The text states:
In game terms, the booster applies a +1 bonus per rating point to the character's Piloting Skill (up to the skill's augmented maximum of natural skill x1.5) when he has "jumped into" a drone or vehicle via virtual reality. This bonus only applies if the character already possess the Control Rig cyberware (SR4 pg. 331). The new nanopathways created by the Booster are incompatible with Simsense Booster implants (Augmentation pg. 37).

SO my question is ... Does the Boost apply to a specific piloting skill such as Piloting (Ground Craft) or does it apply to all Piloting Skills -- when in "Jumped Into" Mode?

Thanks,
Sumo Neko
Stahlseele
all i'd say
Fortune
It applies to any and all Piloting skills used while the character is 'jumped in' to a drone or vehicle.

For the record, Errata is forthcoming to correct the Simsense Booster/ Control Rig Booster incompatibility.
Ryu
Note that Gunnery is a Piloting Skill.
Fortune
I believe that Gunnery is classified as a Vehicle skill, but not an actual Piloting skill.
Stahlseele
do you use gunnery when rigged in?
especially when in full VR jumped in?
Dragnar
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 8 2008, 08:23 PM) *
For the record, Errata is forthcoming to correct the Simsense Booster/ Control Rig Booster incompatibility.

Just to clarify, as I haven't heard anything about the contents of the next errata:
'Correct' as in the restriction will no longer apply?
Fortune
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Dec 9 2008, 10:05 AM) *
do you use gunnery when rigged in?
especially when in full VR jumped in?

The category to which Gunnery belongs is labeled Vehicle Skills. The wording in the ware's description quite specifically talks about Piloting skills. I don't believe that the two terms are interchangeable.

QUOTE (Dragnar @ Dec 9 2008, 10:33 AM) *
Just to clarify, as I haven't heard anything about the contents of the next errata:
'Correct' as in the restriction will no longer apply?

You got it. smile.gif
Dragnar
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 9 2008, 01:23 AM) *
You got it. smile.gif

Ah, thanks.
Sumo Neko
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 8 2008, 02:23 PM) *
It applies to any and all Piloting skills used while the character is 'jumped in' to a drone or vehicle.

\\Thanks for the clarification and the updates everyone.

Sumo Neko
Ryu
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 9 2008, 01:23 AM) *
The category to which Gunnery belongs is labeled Vehicle Skills. The wording in the ware's description quite specifically talks about Piloting skills. I don't believe that the two terms are interchangeable.

Well, you could believe that I made a translation error. Thats what I do. wink.gif

Sorry for that.
Neraph
QUOTE (Fortune @ Dec 8 2008, 04:41 PM) *
I believe that Gunnery is classified as a Vehicle skill, but not an actual Piloting skill.

Correct.
Neraph
As an aside, what would an exotic pilot skill example be?
Stahlseele
Walker-Drones for example?
Zeppelines?
Suborbital Ballistic Flight Planes?
Mini-Sub or JYM-Suit?
Jaid
walker drones are anthroform.
zeppelins are aircraft.
suborbital ballistic flight planes are aerospace.
mini-subs are watercraft. JYM suits are anthroform.

exotic vehicles would be stuff like if you made a snake drone, or something like what deus made in the archology (think it was medusas that were like spinning tops? not sure.) probably the iball, if you were to rig it for some reason. stuff like that.

really, there aren't a lot of exotic vehicles...
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Jaid @ Dec 9 2008, 08:08 PM) *
really, there aren't a lot of exotic vehicles...

Well, actualy there are, it's just that most are just pimped out cars or motorcycles grinbig.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012