Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Character Critique
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
The Jopp
Stiss "Titan" Blossom is a recent addition to the Seattle shadowrun community. Originally a pixie tribal member from the Tir Tangiere border who decided that she had a bit of wanderlust to take care of.

Her experience in shadowrunning is almost nil but this is easily redemied by her vast magical skill
and her natural way of staying concealed. She has one measly contact that have gotten a call that a
rather amateurish spell slinger is looking for a job, at least amateurish in shadowrunning -
spellslinging is another story...

Lightly armored with armored clothing and a modified hand crossbow (which is more like an SMG in
her hands) she can be a challenge to most people regardless of her slight build. She have several
types of crossbow bolts ranging from incendiary to neurostun to take care of regular opposition.

Her spell library on the other hand is her trumph card.

The tribal magic she has learned is said to be from another magical age and very old. Strong
meditative dicipline is required and each magic user from the tribe is taught from an early age to
focus their magic through a crystal.

How people might react to her precense might vary due to the universal Brotherhood and other Insect
Spirits since she essentially have a form of insect wings sprouting from her back.

Race: Pixie
Name: Stiss Blossom
Alias: Titan
Archetype: Mystic Adept

BP Allocation
Resources: 2
Physical: 40
Mental: 70
Magic: 119
Positive Qualities 35
Negative Qualities -35
Skills: 118
Race: 35
Edge: 10
Contacts: 6

Attributes
Body: 2
Agility: 4
Reaction: 4(5)
Strength: 2
Charisma: 6
Logic: 2
Intuition:3
Willpower:6
Edge: 2

Initiative: 8
Initiative Passes: 1 (2)

Magic
Total Magic:6
Magician: 4
Adept: 2

Active Skills
Archery (Crossbows): 1(3)
Assensing (Auras): 1(3)
Astral Combat (Spirits): 1(3)
Athletics Skill Group: 1
Counterspelling: 4
Dodge (Ranged) 1(3)
Etiquette: 3
Perception: 3
Spellcasting (Manipulation) 7(9)
Stealth SKill Group: 1
Unarmed: 1

Knowledge SKills
Native Language [Sperethiel]
Language [English]: 3
Language [Japanese]: 3
Magical Theory: 3
Tailoring: 3
Tir Tangiere: 3

Positive Qualities
Adrenaline Surge
Mystic Adept
Aptitude: Spellcasting

Negative Qualities
Incompetence: Binding
Incompetence: Banishing
Incompetence: Summoning
Geas: Ritual (Meditation)
Mild Allergy: Pollution

Contacts
Fixer (3 / 3)

Lifestyle
Squatter Lifestyle

Adept Powers
Improved Initiative I

Magical Spells
01: Fashion
02: Fix
03: Analyze Device [Caster]
04: Magic Fingers
05: Levitate
06: Detect Enemies, Extended [Caster]
07: Stabilize
08: Heal
09: Powerbolt
10: Stunbolt
11: Swarm - Area Effect
12: Hot Potato - Area Effect
13: Stench - Area Effect
14: Orgasm [Touch]
15: Ice Sheet - Area Effect
16: Mana Static - Area Effect
17: Vanish [Multi Sense Improved Invisibility]
18: Physical Double Image

Equipment
Armored Clothing [B4 / I2 Skinlink]
Forearm Guards & Shin Guards [B0 / I+2]
Regular Clothes [3 Sets of Pixie Clothing]
Pistol Crossbow [S.Link, Imp.Clip [5] , Metahuman Cust, P.F.Stock, Skin Link, Sling]
Pistol Crossbow Bolts [20 Stick N Shock Bolts / 20 Incendiary Heads / 10 Screamer Heads]
Pistol Crossbow Bolts [10 Injection Bolts (Neurostun)]
Survival Knife [Personalized Grip, Metahuman Cust.]
Pistol Crossbow Holster [Quick Draw Holster]
Backpack
CMT Clip & Vector Xim [System 1 / Firewall 1 / Response 1 / Signal 3]
Goggles [Imagelink, Lowlight, Flarecomp, Skinlink, Smartlink]
Focus Crystal [Spellcasting Fetish, All Spell Categories]
Ammo Pouches X4
Respirator Rating 6
Glyph
Specializations only give you a dice pool bonus; they don't raise the skill. So the most spells that you can have is 7 x 2, or 14.

Runner's Companion is frustratingly vague on pixie Edge. It says that they have a maximum Edge of 7, so it would be logical to assume that they start out with a base of 2 in it. Edge isn't on the Sapient Critter Attribute Table, though. So I'm not 100% sure, but spending 10 points on Edge might give you a 3, not a 2.
The Jopp
QUOTE (Glyph @ Dec 23 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Specializations only give you a dice pool bonus; they don't raise the skill. So the most spells that you can have is 7 x 2, or 14.

Darn. I've always treated it like you get a higher skill within a specific field.

QUOTE (Glyph @ Dec 23 2008, 03:37 PM) *
Runner's Companion is frustratingly vague on pixie Edge. It says that they have a maximum Edge of 7, so it would be logical to assume that they start out with a base of 2 in it. Edge isn't on the Sapient Critter Attribute Table, though. So I'm not 100% sure, but spending 10 points on Edge might give you a 3, not a 2.

True that, a clarification would be nice in the FAQ.
brennanhawkwood
Interesting character...I had not looked seriously at pixies before so you have made me do so, thank you!

Mechanical/nit picky things I spotted that might be an issue are:

• Like Glyph said the specialties are +2 dice not +2 rating so you took 4 too many spells.
  • Based on your point summary, I am assuming you did not buy off Uneducated? You might want to list the innate Positive and Negative Qualities so that it is obvious if you have bought anything off and so that they are there for those of us (like myself <grin>) that don't have the list innate pixie abilities memorized.
  • I think Improved Initiative I should be Improved Reflexes I
  • Which magical tradition does the character follow?
  • What is the spellcasting fetish you refer to? I am familiar with Fetishes for use with specific limited spells. I am familiar with spellcasting foci that have a rating and must be used with a specific type of spell. You didn't list a rating or indicate that all the spells are fetish limited so I wasn't sure what this was. (Or if there is another type of fetish that I am not aware of...)

Things more concept/role-playing/general-musing related that came to mind:

• I find it interesting that while the character's attributes are good to ok when compared to a human, she is actually a "below-average" specimen of the pixie race with underdeveloped agility, reaction and intuition and the lowest logic for a pixie. She may be very skilled in her very narrow specialty but depending on her tradition she probably had to work very hard to get there and is probably known back home amongst other pixies as somewhat clumsy and not particularly bright.
  • The rules don't have an issue with it, but pixies do remind me of how systems don't model very small people very well. We are talking about someone 45cm (~1.5 ft) tall carrying a hand crossbow and that much gear...realisticly speaking, I just don't see it...even if it is fun to play biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012