Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thoughts
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Ancient History
I've been thinking of updating the Will...but all I would add would be some clarifications as to the benefactors rather than any useful data.

So, I figured I'd ask for evyerbody's questions/comments/speculation/takes on any bequest in the Will that strikes your fancy. If what thou sayest hast merit, in it goes, next update. Whattaya tink?
kevyn668
I'm curious about the pictures at the end of the will. Specifically, the Mars photos and the flying saucer thingy...weird
Ancient History
Those were all described in Missions. Suffice to say, the saucer's fake, and the bones are NOT those of a dragon.
JongWK
Where does it say they aren't? (just asking)

What happened to the items given to Hualpa and Amazonia? (any SR/ED info?)

Synner
You might want to wait just a while longer for an official update on the Will. Adam mentioned it before but an IC update/review of the Will is in the works for upload soon.

Hualpa's legacy, the Elemental Scrolls, are the subject of a theft while on loan to MitS in one adventure in the "Corporate Punishment" pack and are returned to Hualpa during the Rite of Succession in "SotF". What they actually do is still a mystery but they're obviously a hold over from the Fourth World.
Ancient History
I say they aren't. Yay me.

The Elemental Scrolls of Ak'lea'ar, after a brief and exciting tour of Boston, should now be back in Hualpa's talons. The other artifacts...there are theories, but no hard info.

The Pale Orchid (possibly an old artifact Icewing had that could defeat any armor)
Ashes of the Great Tree (possibly the ashes of the Tree that grew from All-Wing's heart)

The last one is a bit of a puzzle, as there were several trees it could be the Ashes of.

[/edit] Dammit, Syn beat me. sarcastic.gif
Sepherim
QUOTE (Ancient History)

The Pale Orchid (possibly an old artifact Icewing had that could defeat any armor)
Ashes of the Great Tree (possibly the ashes of the Tree that grew from All-Wing's heart)

The last one is a bit of a puzzle, as there were several trees it could be the Ashes of.

[/edit] Dammit, Syn beat me. sarcastic.gif

I say they aren't.  Yay me.

Wow! That's a really thought-of reason! I believe you convinced me! eek.gif wink.gif biggrin.gif
Ancient History
If you must have a reason:
1)it says nothing in Missions about the bones belonging to a dracoform

2)It doesn't really look like a dracoform

3)The thigh bone was too small for any but the tiniest dracoforms

4)Why would a dracoform build a pyramid?
kylleran
Just to update people on the status of the Will project (and actually beating Adam to the punch on something biggrin.gif ):
It's being worked on still and hopefully the first part will be posted in a about a month (fingers crossed). There will be both in character posts and actual game info presented. And not every entry will have something pertaining to it since some of the plotlines started by the Will are still in play.
Hope this helps everyone.
Ancient History
Huh. Y'know, this just my explain something...but it also looks like I may be out of a page. Oh darn. Shucks. My heart doth bleed profusely tht my hobbled-together crap might be replaced by honest-to-ghost OFFICIAL stuff...
Shadowboxer
Just as sidenote..

on the official german shadowrun-page, they uploaded a german translation of dunkies will a while ago...

and I think I heard somewhere that the Aboriginees call ayers rock (spelling?) "where a Rock meets the Sky"... but I can't remeber it exactly....

@AH: !!!!!KEEP THAT SITE!!!!!
and why don't you have any info on the photos on your site?
Pthgar
Is it possible for the Martian bones to be T'skrang? Don't ask me how they got there.
Adam
In your campaign, it's absolutely possible.
Fix-it
what about the "Small tokens of my Esteem" things??

I read something about everyone recieving them was a mage/shaman, and they were actually magical talismans...
annachie
QUOTE (Shadowboxer)
and I think I heard somewhere that the Aboriginees call ayers rock (spelling?) "where a Rock meets the Sky"... but I can't remeber it exactly....

Not to my knowledge. They call it Uluru, a word which has no specific meaning, it's just their name for the rock.
Ancient History
Fix-it: It depends on which tokens you mean. Ones that went to people like Robert J. Hemendes and Glenn Dudley are in the Annotated Will under the proper section.

The Token to Craig Sanchez in in the Will under the proper section.

The others? Dunno.

Shadowboxer: The thing and the whole of the thing withthe Pictures is in Missions. I didn't want to spoil a good adventure by giving away everything.
Fortune
QUOTE (Fix-it)
what about the "Small tokens of my Esteem" things??

I read something about everyone recieving them was a mage/shaman, and they were actually magical talismans...

I wish! biggrin.gif

In-game that might very well be true, but in actuality most of these were real people who sent in the absentee ballots for the '57 election.

The tokens themselves consisted of a free copy of Dunkelberry's Secrets, Press Passes to various political functions, and a stock certificate for one share in a Shadowrun Corporation.

Mine was for the Atlantean Foundation! smile.gif
Rain
The folks who received tokens of Dunkelzahn's esteem are all real people. I can't account for most of them, but some of them are people who did nice things for Steve Kenson (James Meiers comes to mind).
Frag-o Delux
QUOTE (Fortune)

Mine was for the Atlantean Foundation! smile.gif

But you lost it and now I can't see it sarcastic.gif
Fortune
QUOTE (Frag-o Delux)
But you lost it and now I can't see it sarcastic.gif

Yep. frown.gif

That's the price one pays for being a globe-trotting playboy.
Synner
QUOTE (Rain)
The folks who received tokens of Dunkelzahn's esteem are all real people.

Almost all. There are a few like Craig Sanchez who are really only SR personalities.
Reaver
QUOTE (annachie)
QUOTE (Shadowboxer @ Aug 21 2003, 07:23 PM)

Not to my knowledge. They call it Uluru, a word which has no specific meaning, it's just their name for the rock.

I finally gave up trying to figure out exactly what it could be and started writing an adventure for it. Almost got it ready to unleash on my players. biggrin.gif
Ancient History
This is alsmost sad. I'm going through my Shadowrun TCG collection looking for things I might have missed. And finding them.
Fortune
Like what?
Ancient History
Room 5B78
Chaos
[QUOTE=Reaver][QUOTE=annachie,Aug 21 2003, 02:05 PM] [QUOTE=Shadowboxer,Aug 21 2003, 07:23 PM] and I think I heard somewhere that the Aboriginees call ayers rock (spelling?) "where a Rock meets the Sky"... but I can't remeber it exactly....

[/QUOTE]
Not to my knowledge. They call it Uluru, a word which has no specific meaning, it's just their name for the rock. [/QUOTE]
I finally gave up trying to figure out exactly what it could be and started writing an adventure for it. Almost got it ready to unleash on my players. biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=annachie,Aug 21 2003, 02:05 PM] [QUOTE=Shadowboxer,Aug 21 2003, 07:23 PM] and I think I heard somewhere that the Aboriginees call ayers rock (spelling?) "where a Rock meets the Sky"... but I can't remeber it exactly....

[/QUOTE]
Not to my knowledge. They call it Uluru, a word which has no specific meaning, it's just their name for the rock. [/QUOTE]
I finally gave up trying to figure out exactly what it could be and started writing an adventure for it. Almost got it ready to unleash on my players. biggrin.gif[/QUOTE]

-Shadows of north america- on the part about Alaska(dont know the NAN name) a sharman makes a comment about how Denali(spell?) is the place where the mother earth reaches for the sky father and almost touches him.

sry about the where it is in the book cant find mine for an exact page i'll edit it later when i have it
Abstruse
There's also the bit at the end of the Renraku Shutdown book which explains what's in the room at the Archology. Anyone know what's in the room at the Pyramid yet?

The Abstruse One
Chaos
wasnt it That IE's back door, the one that talked about AIs

sry wrong pyramid
(just a guess) A horror
Ancient History
Leo's room was in the Arc, 5B78 is only a door on a card.

I've posted the top three guesses on "Where the Earth meets the SKy"
Herald of Verjigorm
QUOTE (Chaos)
-Shadows of north america- on the part about Alaska(dont know the NAN name) a sharman makes a comment about how Denali(spell?)  is the place where the mother earth reaches for the sky father and almost touches him.

Athabaskan Council This map is helpful
Fortune
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Room 5B78

I remember that card. What is it's significance?
Ancient History
The only other mention of it. I suppose we could stretch and say that there's some severe technical security around it, but really...
Fortune
Maybe at the time is was Darke's office. wink.gif
Kagetenshi
I'm not sure it was Uluru, but I'm almost certain that there is some rock formation in Australia referred to as "where the rock meets the sky" or some similar name.

~J
boodah
bit too late for that, im afraid....LMFAO

hey reav, nice work on the nesferatu btw.

(willpowercheck failed!!!)

-=runs away screaming=-
Mount Augustus, known as Burringurrah to the local Wadjari Aboriginals is the world's largest "rock" (Don't understand the variation of a rock and a mountain or a hill) It's around 900m tall(not even a mile, and the Mount Everest is around four miles high.)

Anyways, and more importantly any information about the annoted, and updated version of the will?

2:52:16
Yes I was stripped of the gold, but I had it for one afternoon. What can you say about that?
Fygg Nuuton
logic tells me the difference between a rock and a hill/mountain is that a rock can be moved, if you could lift it. a hill/mountain is part of the land

wouldnt mt. everest be where the earth reaches the sky? but thats just me thinking in a simple context biggrin.gif
Ancient History
Well, it's the damndest thing: there's many, many references to "where the earth meets the sky" and such, but no definitive has yet been pointed out 'cause apparently the staff left that for GM's to flush out.
Abstruse
...or a future plotline.

The Abstruse One
Reaver
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Well, it's the damndest thing: there's many, many references to "where the earth meets the sky" and such, but no definitive has yet been pointed out 'cause apparently the staff left that for GM's to flush out.

Well AH, I ended up using some of your sage advice and put together four areas that would qualify. Now it's a globe hopping adventure the group has to complete. biggrin.gif
Did anyone notice that this mission is suppose to be finished within one year of Big D's Demise. I just was wondering what others were thinking about that?

I know, I know, It means my average speed was greater then 20mph. But what does that mean for kph?
Reaver
QUOTE (Ancient History)
Room 5B78

Isn't 5B78 the Aztechnology room?
Ancient History
Yeah.
Reaver
Even I'm not stupid enough to go for THAT section of the will. wink.gif

Out of curiosity, does anyone know of anything that gives insight as to why that room is important?
Ancient History
Dunno. Aztechnology's Seattle HQ has 72 floors and 10 subbasements.

If we take 78 to be the floor, going up from the bottom subbasement, it would be an Upper Management office.

If we take 5 as the floor from ground level, we get basic reception area and offices.

If we take 5 as as the floor from the lowest subbasement, we get product analysis and production.
Finbar
If thats the one in the arcology, it's a back door into Deus' ultraviolet host.
Ancient History
No, that's another one. There were three rooms. I wonder what's behind the one in S-K HQ?
Reaver
QUOTE (Ancient History)
No, that's another one. There were three rooms. I wonder what's behind the one in S-K HQ?

Yea. The UV host was in the Renraku arcology. Room 1835 if I remember correctly.
Once again, I know that Ancient History web site has little factiods about the different Wills part.

However (And if I could figure out how to use the quote to actually quote someone else text I would, but I have a computer illiteracy flaw) But anyways how it was originally talked about earlier in this thread the one at www.Shadowrunrpg.com was suppose to be annoted.

I doubt you can even go 4:00:00.
Ancient History
Yes, it is my understanding that Fanpro is soon providing an update on the Will.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012