Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Did you spot these?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Prime Mover
Have to chuckle when I'm reading through recent books and find reference to things either left out of or errata'd in 4th ed.

In digital grimore theres a mention of Dikoteing and in Ghost Cartels there mention of Narcoject ammo and an npc with both reaction enhancers and wired reflexes.

Anything else I've missed??
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 9 2009, 01:05 PM) *
n Ghost Cartels there mention of Narcoject ammo

Narcoject: BBB p246
goes into:
Ares S-III Super Squirt: BBB p309
which uses DMSO Gel Packs as ammo.

Not, mind you, that Gel Pack Ammo costs are provided anywhere. We use the costs for the non-lethal Gel Rounds because, well, it says Gel, but by description Gel Packs and Gel Rounds are quite different. Also, Capsule Rounds have the same price in Arsenal (and by their existence make the Super Squirt completely obsolete).

I also haven't found anywhere other than the description of the Squirt that describes DMSO in 4thEd. Apparently Ares holds the patent for it now? nyahnyah.gif
Rad
Um, reaction enhancers are compatible with wired reflexes, why did you find that odd, Prime Mover?
Magus
QUOTE (Rad @ Jan 10 2009, 06:10 AM) *
Um, reaction enhancers are compatible with wired reflexes, why did you find that odd, Prime Mover?

Um no they aren't. They only work with MBW and Synaptic Boosters. Wired Reflexes are not compatible with any Reaction Enhancers. See FAQ.
Mäx
QUOTE (Magus @ Jan 10 2009, 04:15 PM) *
Um no they aren't. They only work with MBW and Synaptic Boosters. Wired Reflexes are not compatible with any Reaction Enhancers. See FAQ.

Or don't, as that is one of the stupidest entries in the FAQ.
Stahlseele
FAQ ain't Errata and thus not RAW. it's only the third best to something from a book . . wired reflexes and reaction enhancers allways worked together.
Rad
*cough*

QUOTE (BBB)
Reaction enhancers are compatible with other Initiative-boosters

Nothing in the errata, no contradiction in the Wired Reflexes entry. No logical or balance reason why they wouldn't stack...

I think we can chalk that F.A.Q. entry up to another case of the dev's "I did shrooms at work" syndrome.
Stahlseele
problem again with initiative and reaction now being ini passes and a usual physical attribute . .
Rad
Huhwuhuh?

Not sure I followed that...
ElFenrir
Oh, our table disregarded that errata as quickly as it came. They worked with WR in SR3, they worked with WR in SR4 until the errata, and they work with all other Boosters(including the uber-powerful MBW system.) I'm still wondering why it was changed.
Rad
Well, technically even the errata doesn't say anything against it--just the faq for some weird faq-ing reason...
Stahlseele
was, per chance, the reason that wired reflexes are supposed to swap out parts of your backbone for ultra fast connections so the signals from the brain reach the body parts faster?
and reaction enhancers do the same? if so . . who the hell cares? it's only some millimeters at best, not the complete backbone, so there's still enough room in there to cram in some reaction enhancers!
Prime Mover
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Jan 10 2009, 05:43 AM) *
goes into:

Not, mind you, that Gel Pack Ammo costs are provided anywhere. We use the costs for the non-lethal Gel Rounds because, well, it says Gel, but by description Gel Packs and Gel Rounds are quite different. Also, Capsule Rounds have the same price in Arsenal (and by their existence make the Super Squirt completely obsolete).

I also haven't found anywhere other than the description of the Squirt that describes DMSO in 4thEd. Apparently Ares holds the patent for it now? nyahnyah.gif

Referenced as a dart not squirt ammo IIRC.

EDIT: For the record we disregarded FAQ on enhancers as well.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Jan 10 2009, 05:43 AM) *
goes into:

DMSO described in Arsenal pg. 82.
I always thought the squirt in 3rd edition was just that a squirt with adjustable spray head. Seems in 4th edition it works differently.
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 10 2009, 08:08 AM) *
problem again with initiative and reaction now being ini passes and a usual physical attribute . .

Which is why I prefer the introduction of the term "Reflexes" instead of "Initiative Passes".

Reaction = core attribute
Initiative = [Reaction + Intuition]
Reflexes = # of times you get to go in a combat turn

Stahlseele
might be a good thing for others to adapt too
RedeemerofOgar
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Jan 10 2009, 02:52 PM) *
DMSO described in Arsenal pg. 82.

THANK you! I must have been half asleep the first time I checked there. So it says "any compound mixed with DMSO"... and I notice that the headings in Arsenal are "Drugs, Awakened Drugs, Magical Compounds, Chemtech, Compounds, and Toxins." Is it safe to assume that this yet one more case of the dev's misusing their terms?
HentaiZonga
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 10 2009, 12:22 PM) *
might be a good thing for others to adapt too

Heck, I wish the books would adopt it. The names of various 'ware and powers already suggest it; it'd just be taking it one step further into the statblock.
Prime Mover
QUOTE (RedeemerofOgar @ Jan 10 2009, 02:38 PM) *
THANK you! I must have been half asleep the first time I checked there. So it says "any compound mixed with DMSO"... and I notice that the headings in Arsenal are "Drugs, Awakened Drugs, Magical Compounds, Chemtech, Compounds, and Toxins." Is it safe to assume that this yet one more case of the dev's misusing their terms?

Anything you could introduce into the body via injection, slap patch etc. I would imagine you could use in a squirt or similar device with dmso.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012