Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MAD and drones
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BRodda
Working on an infiltration type and I'd like to add a few microdrones to him. He has the large smuggling compartments and a gun that MADs won't pick up (plastic rounds in hermetically sealer magazines too.) I'd like to have him carry a microdrone or two, but it will set off the detectors (ever other piece of cyberware he has is street legal or can't be detected without a cyberware scanner).

So can you use gun modification rules to modify microdrones or are you stuck using the vehicle rules?
Aaron
Physics Fun Fact: magnetic anomaly detectors actually detect electrical field fluctuations, for example the kind caused by wireless communication.

Although to be fair, I do math, comp sci, history, poli sci, and linguistics. Physics is just a hobby for me. =i)
TheOOB
RAW answer, no, good answer, ask your GM. I personally would allow that mod on a small drone, but I know GMs who wouldn't.
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Page 196 @ Unwired)
Commlinks and other electronic devices may be modified by a character without Hardware skill, using the rules for gear modification found on p. 126, Arsenal.

QUOTE (Page 196 @ Unwired)
In addition to the mods noted below, the following options listed under Weapon Modifications on pp. 148-153, Arsenal, may also be applied to electronics: Ceramic/Plasteel Components, Chameleon Coating, Extreme Environment Mod, Gecko Grip, Metahuman Customization, Propulsion System, Skinlink, and Tracker.

Emphasis mine. Microdrones should reasonably count as electronic devices.
ornot
Depending on the drones' loadout, it might be entirely legal to carry them around. Just need a good excuse, and a good social pool.
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (TheOOB @ Jan 12 2009, 11:40 PM) *
RAW answer, no, good answer, ask your GM. I personally would allow that mod on a small drone, but I know GMs who wouldn't.

QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Jan 12 2009, 11:55 PM) *
Emphasis mine. Microdrones should reasonably count as electronic devices.

I'm going to go along with these guys and state that it should reasonably be allowed, just ask your GM. I would allow it in my game.

Cheers
Dashifen
The limiting factor might be the body of, and thus the slots available to, the microdrone. I'm not sure what the slot cost of the non-metallic modifications are, though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012