Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Thread in German?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Iota
QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 13 2009, 09:03 AM) *
So? You read English. Make us read German!

Peter

I know there are some German/German speaking dumpshockers around and as it came up in the "The world of Shadowrun"-thread that, of course, we do our own supplemental as well, I was wondering if there is really interest in this material, though it would be in German.

I mean, this is an English speaking community and it seems somehow weird to me to post in German, on the other hand, I surely have (at least right now) no time left to spend on translation.

So what do you think about it?
Chrysalis
I read German even though I am not German.

I like reading the creations of others no matter what the language.
Dragnar
I am german, so I may be a bit biased, but I don't think posting non-english material would amount to slaughtering too many sacred cows. Longer winded discussions about the material should possibly be kept in english still, as not to keep most boardies completely out of the picture, but apart from that...
Maybe someone else would have the time to translate, which would make it a win/win.
GreyBrother
Mirror it with a german Board like the Nexus.

Best solution for everybody i think.
Ryu
I think you should just link to the German material, and anyone who wants to can read it there. Even if you post the material up, any! resulting discussion should be conducted in English: "What if everyone else was doing it?"
Medicineman
No Problem for this Nexus Moderator grinbig.gif
And I doubt ,that our Admin Papillon would have Probs

with a positive dance
Medicineman
Ryu
QUOTE (Medicineman @ Jan 14 2009, 01:20 PM) *
No Problem for this Nexus Moderator grinbig.gif
And I doubt ,that our Admin Papillon would have Probs

with a positive dance
Medicineman

Let me suggest using the Pegasus forums instead.
Fuchs
Link?
Ryu
Pegasus SR Forums

SR Nexus
Fuchs
Thanks

(I am familiar with and present on the Nexus, but never visited Pegasus.)
Medicineman
Pegasus is the official German Forum
and the SR-Nexus the most frequented "independant" Forum.
The Nexus is also Host for /linked to the Shadowiki
http://www.shadowiki.de/Hauptseite

Just for Your Info

Hough!
Medicineman
Stahlseele
ye gods, please no, not with the pegasus forums . . they look 90% dead to me . .
the nexus at least shows a certain level of continued activity . .
i would feel kinda strange with writing german in here though . .
my brain can't switch around the languages all that fast it seems O.o
Ryu
I think it would be a nice touch to at least consider the official forum. If the German-speaking DS crew went there occasionally, it wouldn´t stay dead for long.
Fuchs
What's wrong with the Nexus?
Stahlseele
there's not really something WRONG with the nexus . . aside from there being, about 20, active posters around . . 50 at max i guess . .
but those keep the board active on a coninued level at least . . i just don't really get the ned for a german board i guess . . most germany are capable of understanding engrish
Medicineman
@Stahlseehle
We've got more than 50 active Members each Month and a lot of "Lurkers" as I've been told on Conventions
but Ryu is Right. The Pegasus as the official Forum is the right one

with an official dance
Medicineman
hermit
If the German-speaking DS crew went there occasionally, it wouldn't stay dead for long.

I don't see much to be gained from mixing these communities, really. For one, the tone on German boards is notably less friendly than on dumpshock, as there is no netiquette (in fact, the moderators on Pegasus consider it unnescessary to set one up). Also, Americans might be in for one or another not so pleasant surprise, considering how condescending part of the German fan base can be towards Americans (a part that stays on the Nexus and/or Pegasus forums).

most germany are capable of understanding engrish

Oh god ... please tell me that was intentional. grinbig.gif
Stahlseele
yes it was ^^
if you were to post such character critic and optimization threads on the nexus,you'd be in for more than one nasty surprise i'm afraid . .
vollmond
I have no problem with German threads - always happy for another opportunity to practice biggrin.gif

Ich habe Deutsch zur Uni studiert, aber spreche ich es nicht so offen jetzt. (as evidenced by that likely horrendous grammar)
hermit
Dumpshock would need a new moderator fluent in German then ... and frankly, I think most dumpshockers would appreciate it more if they would get some ideas of German stuff in english, including discussion about it.

Still, if this is pulled through, a new moderator is a must.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (vollmond @ Jan 14 2009, 06:03 PM) *
I have no problem with German threads - always happy for another opportunity to practice biggrin.gif

Ich habe Deutsch zur Uni studiert, aber spreche ich es nicht so offen jetzt. (as evidenced by that likely horrendous grammar)

sheesh O.o
i have studied german at the university < = you can more or less translate that one on one to german for:"ich habe deutsch an der Universität studiert"
but i don't use it quite that much right now < = again. more or less one on one for:"aber ich benutze es im moment nicht so viel".
main difference being right now in english being after the ammount and in german before the ammount.
and offen is completely wrong, that means open in english ^^

yes, yes, i know, i suck ^^
but hey, i got my a in technical english with IT-English, and i more or less took over the lessons for the teacher most of the time so i am allowed to be like your old school teacher nya! nyahnyah.gif ^^

(yes, i do realize that my english ain't the best either ^^)

main difference between german and english posters seems to be the mentality and especially the sense of humor and political correctness . .
why the hell is it called political correctness anyway? most politicians and political things are far from correct in any meaning of the word O.o
hermit
why the hell is it called political correctness anyway?

Because it's polite. I guess. Or because it's a set of taboo topics/remarks derived from politics - while not being correct in the German sense (meaning okay), they generally use a language free of any controversy.
Aaron
Warum nicht? =i)

Although my Deutsch is a bit rusty, and sometimes I tend to slip into Schwaebisch (gell?).
Lance
I would prefer DS threads to stay in english, while some suggestions and flair text could be posted in german (using the spoiler or quotation tags). I speak and read German, but DS is good the way it is.

About the German forums: the official pegasus forum is boring and almost pointless, whereas the sr nexus forum has some history and a few regulars.

mfg

Lance
hermit
So long as no Badeners are present, noone will have a Problem with this. ^^

Okay, dann ernennen wir das hier zum offiziellen deutschen Dumpshockthread? Oder machen wir einen Neuen auf?
Stahlseele
i would petition for keeping dumpshock english only so i would not have to deal with what the bavarians and ruskis are calling german <.< . . *runs* ^^
hermit
Äh, nu vogess ma nisch üns ausm üstn! Mer spreschn ooch een ünvostöndlischn düolegt!
Ears
Wenn's nur so wäre. Daß man es gerade so noch verstehen kann macht's doch grade so schrecklich. wink.gif
hermit
Naja, stimmt ... richtig hart würde es erst wenn Fuchs aufhört nach der Schrift zu schreiben. ^_^

Anyway, news aus good old Germany? Was macht denn der Newsticker den die Pegasi einführen wollten?
vollmond
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 14 2009, 12:02 PM) *
sheesh O.o

Ha, would you believe I got a BA in that? Not so many Germans to talk to in the US Midwest...

At least my Comp Sci has been useful smile.gif
Ryu
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 14 2009, 06:24 PM) *
Dumpshock would need a new moderator fluent in German then ... and frankly, I think most dumpshockers would appreciate it more if they would get some ideas of German stuff in english, including discussion about it.

Still, if this is pulled through, a new moderator is a must.

Since Medicineman has already offered his moderator support, I would strongly suggest to keep the German material on the German official forum.
hermit
Since Medicineman has already offered his moderator support, I would strongly suggest to keep the German material on the German official forum.

Still, what about NewsPulse or what it was called? Not being a regular at Pegasus any more, I would appreciate news there, if there are any. And maybe informing american fans of german-only goodies would help sell published translations?
Fuchs
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 14 2009, 08:00 PM) *
Naja, stimmt ... richtig hart würde es erst wenn Fuchs aufhört nach der Schrift zu schreiben. ^_^

Das wäre grauenhaft. Ich hab aber noch nie im Schweizer Dialekt geschrieben, und habe auch nicht vor, noch damit anzufangen.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Jan 14 2009, 09:24 PM) *
Das wäre grauenhaft. Ich hab aber noch nie im Schweizer Dialekt geschrieben, und habe auch nicht vor, noch damit anzufangen.

das würd dir von mir jetzt sofort +1 auf alle attribute geben, wenn ich könnte *g*

is ja schon schlimm genug, wenn ich mich mit dem scheiss jeden tag auf der arbeit rumschlagen muss <.< . .

schon ma ne mischung zwischen ossi-sprech und bayerisch gehört? meine zehennägel sind noch immer nicht wieder völlig grade x.x . .

Alles südlich der Elbe ist Bayern, alles östlich von Rostock ist Ost-Zone/DDR ^^
hermit
Das waere grauenhaft. Ich hab aber noch nie im Schweizer Dialekt geschrieben, und habe auch nicht vor, noch damit anzufangen.

20 Karma fuer den Herrn.

schon ma ne mischung zwischen ossi-sprech und bayerisch gehoert? meine zehennaegel sind noch immer nicht wieder voellig grade x.x . .

Nun ja, die Stadt heisst nicht ohne Grund Hoelle an der Saale ... oder so. grinbig.gif

So richtig finsteres Uckermaerkisch ist aber auch bitter.

Aber was richtig grausam ist sind diese Dschungelcamp-Snippets auf RTL, wenn man nur CSI schaun will.
BlueMax
I cannot contribute anything germane being that I do not know the language.

BlueMax
Puns on the other hand, are free
I'll be here all week, try the krill
sinthalix
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 14 2009, 02:31 PM) *
So long as no Badeners are present, noone will have a Problem with this. ^^

Okay, dann ernennen wir das hier zum offiziellen deutschen Dumpshockthread? Oder machen wir einen Neuen auf?

Pass mal auf Kindle! Wir sind doch ueberall! (Hoffentlich habe ich das noch richtig geschrieben...ich kriege fast nie Chancen Deutsch zu schreiben.)
Iota
Ok, I`ve got a suggestion:

Since this forum is officially English speaking and there were a few people who disliked the idea of a German thread (aka a German threat wink.gif ), I´d say:

Let`s try it and give the Pegasus forum a chance. This thread showed that there are quite a lot Germans/German speaking people active on this forum and I guess it is for the same reasons as I am around, because most of the German forums are dead/boring....

But how about this:
All German speaking people: create an account with the same name you use on dumpshock on pegasus and try to be active on that forum, too, for...let`s say one month. If it does not work out... fine, then we can all go back to posting here only, but maybe it works out and we could still link interesting material.

So, I am going to open my new account right now smile.gif Hopefully no one called herself Iota on that pegasus forum...if so, I am screwed....
Stahlseele
i have an account there,i check allmost daily, and it's still boring as hell . . .
and the people ain't nice over there either . . and the default is SR4 and people start bitching when you bring up SR3 . .
i am staying right here where i can have my fun and practice my english <.< . .
Medicineman
QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 14 2009, 11:54 AM) *
For one, the tone on German boards is notably less friendly than on dumpshock, as there is no netiquette (in fact, the moderators on Pegasus consider it unnescessary to set one up). Also, Americans might be in for one or another not so pleasant surprise, considering how condescending part of the German fan base can be towards Americans (a part that stays on the Nexus and/or Pegasus forums).
Oh god ... please tell me that was intentional. grinbig.gif

Its not my Fault that you're constantly Clashing with all Moderators(or most Moderators) in various German SR Forums.
We do have a Nettiquette and we do set it Up it might be my Fault that i'm not sterner (right Word ?) with some of the Trolls.I Feel Insulted (and also feel my co Moderators being insulted) by your blindsided view

So,dann jetzt auf Deutsch grinbig.gif
Tigger ,der deutsche Pegasus Chefredakteur für SR entschuldigt sich,das Novapulse, das Online Newsmag für SR4 noch nicht läuft. Er hat halt zuviel damit zu tun, die Regelbücher herauszubringen.Bodytech ,das deutsche Augmentations kommt jetzt im Januar,dann Emergenz(Emergence as you might've guessed) und im Frühling/Sommer (hoffentlich) das neue GRW (Grundregelwerk = BBB)
dann gibt es noch viele Cons, die organisiert werden müssen (RPC ist im April.die wird Gross !)
Moderator... brauchen wir wirklich einen ?
Falls es hier zu krach kommt oder jemand Ausfallend wird (....) kann man ja einen Moderator rufen. Wir sprechen ja alle Engrish talker.gif

mit einem engrishen Tanz
Medizinmann

Ryu
Good plan, I like!

I would be Ryu on the Pegasus forums, too.
Medicineman
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 15 2009, 05:50 AM) *
i have an account there,i check allmost daily, and it's still boring as hell . . .
and the people ain't nice over there either . . and the default is SR4 and people start bitching when you bring up SR3 . .
i am staying right here where i can have my fun and practice my english <.< . .

I'm doing my best but I need Back-Up and People to fill the Forums (reasonable People not Trolls ,or else there will be lots of ...Hardwill (Right Word ?) and Bickering and this won't be Usefull)
I Think Iotas Ideas might work.
There is allready Cooperation with Catalyst Games and Pegasus.
Why no coop among the Users ?

with a united Dance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY
Medicineman
Grinder
QUOTE (Iota @ Jan 15 2009, 10:47 AM) *
Since this forum is officially English speaking and there were a few people who disliked the idea of a German thread (aka a German threat wink.gif ), I´d say:

Let`s try it and give the Pegasus forum a chance. This thread showed that there are quite a lot Germans/German speaking people active on this forum and I guess it is for the same reasons as I am around, because most of the German forums are dead/boring....

But how about this:
All German speaking people: create an account with the same name you use on dumpshock on pegasus and try to be active on that forum, too, for...let`s say one month. If it does not work out... fine, then we can all go back to posting here only, but maybe it works out and we could still link interesting material.

So, I am going to open my new account right now smile.gif Hopefully no one called herself Iota on that pegasus forum...if so, I am screwed....

German boards suck, so why should I give antoher one a try when dumpshock is here to feed my SR-addiction?
Rotbart van Dainig
QUOTE (Fuchs @ Jan 14 2009, 04:25 PM) *
What's wrong with the Nexus?

The point is that developers and freelancers mostly post at Pegasus.
Stahlseele
instead of doing what has happened with dumpshock, effectively making it into an official board . .
hermit
You really have to bring that up again, don't you? But I'll not take outright lies by you, not here.

Its not my Fault that you're constantly Clashing with all Moderators(or most Moderators) in various German SR Forums.

And it's probably just a strange coincidence that always happens to be Tycho and you. It also is a strange coincidence that you have a tendency to pop up in threads here and try to bait me.

We do have a Nettiquette and we do set it Up it might be my Fault that i'm not sterner (right Word ?) with some of the Trolls.I Feel Insulted (and also feel my co Moderators being insulted) by your blindsided view

Funny. Must've changed since Tycho sent me this:

Netikette gibts hier keine

Regarding a question on my part about whether or not the PSF's netiquette disallows overtly racist remarks, in that case regarding a user who claimed American culture was less sophisticated than ours. Being warned over calling someone on that is an interesting moderatorial policy too that people registering on the Nexus or PSF should be aware of. This was the reason I discontinued being active on both forums you and Tycho moderate.
Stahlseele
i ain't no mod and niether is any of you over here.
but please play nice girls.

And how the fuck is saying that americas culture is less sophisticated than ours racist anyway? O.o
One could argue the point that it is a simple fact as America hasn't been around for nearly as long as anything in europe . .
but then you could say that with people from all over the world living over there their culture could be the most sophisticated in the whole world.
but when i see such things as american idol and paris hilton, i tend to stick with the first interpretation *snickers*
hermit
Sorry, I just am sick of this guy spreading lies.
Medicineman
No, it's probably just a strange coincidence that always happens to be Tycho and you.
& Nyx,SirDoom,DocDamij,Papillon, um nur mal die Mods aus 2 Fporen zu nennen

It also is a strange coincidence that you have a tendency to pop up in threads here and try to bait me.
Its no Coincidence. We share the same Hobby and some of the same Forums and when I find something that is Wrong
I speak it out Loud and for what I know you're...often wrong. But its not only Wrong but intentionally Wrong
and thats what I don't like !

whether or not the PSF's netiquette disallows overtly racist remarks, in that case regarding a user who claimed Amwerican culture was less sophisticated than ours
If You mean the remark of Corn a few weeks ago ,he was merely citing one of the Users or Devs here who said ,that some Americans have a taste for a Comicstyle Shadowrun ...
And this is a Prime example how you intetionally misunderstand something to try and have it your Way

QUOTE (hermit @ Jan 15 2009, 06:39 AM) *
Sorry, I just am sick of this guy spreading lies.

Same goes double for Me !!

Hough!
Medicineman
hermit
& Nyx,SirDoom,DocDamij,Papillon, um nur mal die Mods aus 2 Fporen zu nennen

I never had problems with them, I had problems with you and Tycho entirely.

Its no Coincidence. We share the same Hobby and some of the same Forums and when I find something that is Wrong
I speak it out Loud and for what I know you're...often wrong. But its not only Wrong but intentionally Wrong
and thats what I don't like !

You ask not to be insulted, yet you insult. Also, you seem to deliberatly misunderstand what I was saying. But I guess that's just another strange coincidence, is it?

If You mean the remark of Corn a few weeks ago ,he was merely citing one of the Users or Devs here who said ,that some Americans have a taste for a Comicstyle Shadowrun ...

"Amerikaner moegen eben lieber einen Comicstil, waehrend Deutsche es lieber tiefsinnig-duester moegen" says something different (implicitly, but nonetheless), especially considering the negative connotation of shallowness annd just being bad the woord comic in German carries. I stand by my calling Corn on Racism there.

Same goes double for Me !!

Like you saying I was banned in "several" german Forums, right ... but seeing that you since have edited that, it propably just was a mistake on your part. As it is, I decide to consider that an implicit admittance of your mistake and accept the very implicit apology on your part for slandering.

Look. I don't like your and Tycho's style of getting personal over disagreeances about whether or not SR4 is the new evangelium. You will just have to learn to live with that, if agreeing to disagree is impossible for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012