Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ghost Cartels Epilogue: The Missing Pages Revealed!
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Caine Hazen
This was posted up today, Got my read on and said.. .hmm, looks like my storyline just went 95 degrees on a tangent from where I thought this was going. Anyone else have a sudden change in how they see Ghost Cartels going now? Going to change up anyone's play style? Going to blow the metaplot's head up?
Synner
It pained me to have to cut this from the actual book, but in hindsight the wait has made the twist even better. I hope everyone likes. Kudos to Jennifer for bringing it to life. As for the metaplot... I plan really long term. wink.gif
Dr. John Desmond
Loving the long term metaplot feeling. This is why I love a good story. 2 simple (albiet well written) pages can change the hole perspective I had on the plot resolution. Love it. Have enough time go by that the players don't realize what is going on... then slowly creeping back into their lives bam the Primeira Vaga become their new problem.
Tiger Eyes
QUOTE (Synner @ Jan 17 2009, 08:26 PM) *
It pained me to have to cut this from the actual book

Not as much as it pained me!!!
The Jake
I had assumed that the dream seeds were for an ulterior purpose for spirits to possess humans. But what kinds of spirits and for what purpose?

After the events of Ghost Cartels I had assumed that Aztechnology would simply absorb the secret of tempo sales and use it to create additional profits or potentially, as a way to pave the way for The Enemy to arrive ahead of schedule (by possessing tempo victims).

Now I'm not so sure.

It was clear from the GC that Primeira Vaga had an ulterior purpose and destiny not yet explained (one that will be revealled). However, it is very clear now that they are far from done and that Ghost Cartels was simply the beginning of something far more insidious. I would expect given Aztechnology's access to magical resources, access to Riveiros/Yaje and the secret of tempo that they may even determine what is going on - ahead of everyone else.

Perhaps, in a rather bizarre twist, Aztechnology may yet one day become the 'heroes' by stopping Primeira Vaga... ?

Now THAT would be interesting....

- J.
Backgammon
Hmm, I don't know, I didn't get anything new from the story. Isn't this all what was layed out in GC? Still, I found it very well written and an enjoyable story. I'm happy it was posted.
Cardul
QUOTE (Backgammon @ Jan 17 2009, 11:34 PM) *
Hmm, I don't know, I didn't get anything new from the story. Isn't this all what was layed out in GC? Still, I found it very well written and an enjoyable story. I'm happy it was posted.

Well, it was hinted at..but not exactly spelled out as we see it.

*hmmms* Well, I expect the ED haters are going to be whining and oaning about that...I mean, it seems like a Passion is the one responsible, or else, a really, really old free spirit...
toturi
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jan 18 2009, 10:43 AM) *
It was clear from the GC that Primeira Vaga had an ulterior purpose and destiny not yet explained (one that will be revealled). However, it is very clear now that they are far from done and that Ghost Cartels was simply the beginning of something far more insidious. I would expect given Aztechnology's access to magical resources, access to Riveiros/Yaje and the secret of tempo that they may even determine what is going on - ahead of everyone else.

Perhaps, in a rather bizarre twist, Aztechnology may yet one day become the 'heroes' by stopping Primeira Vaga... ?

- J.

Indeed it would be. But it could be just as likely that Amazonia steps in to "clean house". With 2 GDs on board, Hualpa and Sirrurg, it could well be the dragons that step in to excise the cancer. Or throw the rabid dogs into Aztlan's backyard.
Dashifen
Sounds from the story, though, that even if they deal with the cancer in Amazonia, there's enough tempo out there and enough pacts made with users that it may not be enough....
The Jake
QUOTE (Dashifen @ Jan 18 2009, 03:29 PM) *
Sounds from the story, though, that even if they deal with the cancer in Amazonia, there's enough tempo out there and enough pacts made with users that it may not be enough....

I think the point being is that even if there is not a gram of tempo created ever again, the damage is done....

- J.
pbangarth
QUOTE (The Jake @ Jan 17 2009, 07:43 PM) *

- J.

Why must it be that Primeira Vaga and its Mentor are the bad guys? Even if their methods seem violent and locally destructive. Nature 'cleans house' as someone above said in ways that seem harsh to the sensibilities of 'civilized' men.

What if this is a carefully planned campaign to prepare for the coming of the Horrors in a way that will allow the children of Gaia to repel them this time, preventing the rape of the planet that has happened before? A mother sometimes must use tough love.

Peter
AllTheNothing
QUOTE (Synner @ Jan 18 2009, 02:26 AM) *
I plan really long term. wink.gif

You dragon.... biggrin.gif
toturi
QUOTE (AllTheNothing @ Jan 20 2009, 08:16 AM) *
You dragon.... biggrin.gif

Heh... when I hear "long term" in relation to gaming, that usually just means they are preparing for the next edition.
Cain
QUOTE (toturi @ Jan 19 2009, 06:41 PM) *
Heh... when I hear "long term" in relation to gaming, that usually just means they are preparing for the next edition.

Dumpshock doesn't have a point system, but a Truth point for you nonetheless.

I can't say this changes anything in My Review. While it's a better ending, it still doesn't really save the final chapter. I don't really see it as a "twist", since the seeds had already been sown, if you'll pardon the pun. If anything, it heightens the fact that the editing could have been better, since this is clearly the superior ending.
Synner
QUOTE (toturi @ Jan 20 2009, 02:41 AM) *

All it means is that I have at least two full story arcs in development before this particular metaplot comes to a head (though it will continue to unfold through out coming products whether or not it relates to the main plotlines in those books). I can honestly say we have no plans for a 5th Edition at this point.
gendo
I have a question. Why this material disappeared from the official site and where i may find him.
Stahlseele
QUOTE (Caine Hazen @ Jan 18 2009, 03:01 AM) *
This was posted up today, Got my read on and said.. .hmm, looks like my storyline just went 95 degrees on a tangent from where I thought this was going. Anyone else have a sudden change in how they see Ghost Cartels going now? Going to change up anyone's play style? Going to blow the metaplot's head up?

link dead.
MJBurrage
...speculation deleted...

Update:
Link death/change due to a shadowrun4.com update. (see below)
Udoshi
Well, someone send Hardy a PM already, or something.
MJBurrage
The Dream Seed (and other downloads at the CGL site) has moved, but links have not been updated.Another example, Cost of Doing Business:
Looks like they moved the entire site to old... before revising the www... site recently, but did not fix all the links before it went live.
Stahlseele
oy vey . .
Prime Mover
Wonder exactly what Synners other two arcs were and if we'll ever find out the secrets behind tempo....
Tyro
[ Spoiler ]
ravensmuse
Dropped for the War on Trees.

What? Someone had to say it smile.gif
Hagga
Well, the world needed a new Winternight and the PV are a good twist on the apocalyptic cultist theory. Who knows, maybe we'll get lucky and they'll bring back the Horrors - except without the Immortal Elves Doing It All. Or get to shoot one in the face. Maybe both. Not likely, though.

(Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of the IE's but Harlequin and Harlequin's back are just 'DEFEND THE MCGUFFIN WHILE IT KILLS SOMEONE/SAVES YOU ALL.'. Aina is still a lovely character.)
Demonseed Elite
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ May 14 2011, 02:00 PM) *
Wonder exactly what Synners other two arcs were and if we'll ever find out the secrets behind tempo....

I'm fairly skeptical the story behind tempo will be explored further in the future. And even if it were, I don't think think it'd be much like the original ideas, since the writers involved in those original ideas no longer write for Shadowrun.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012