Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Move By Wire
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Neraph
QUOTE (Augmentation, page 41)
The move-by-wire system confers a bonus of +2 to the character's Reaction attribute, +1 to the characters Dodge skill rating, and +1 Initiative Pass per point of rating.

Does that mean that rating 2 MbW gives +4 Reaction, +2 Dodge, +2 IP? Or do you just get the Reaction once, and the rest of the bonuses per rating? Otherwise, you end up with +6 Reaction from these bad boys, meaning you only need an average of 3 to get your average character to max augmented of 9, without any other 'ware.
InfinityzeN
Adds +2 Reaction, +1 Dodge (Skill Modifier), and +1IP per rating.

You are correct that rating 3 MbW and a base reaction of 3 gives a augmented reaction of 9.

Remember that since the Dodge bonus is a skill modifier, you can only use up to half your actual Dodge skill in bonus dice.

*EDIT Below*
And don't forget that they are skillwires also. Can't remember the exact ratio there though.
Malachi
Yes, Move-by-Wire kicks serious butt. As it should be.
Neraph
Even as a player, I kinda wish I had read that wrong. Extreme.
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 22 2009, 12:40 PM) *

And actually not as nasty as MbW in SR3. Using the best from SR3 (MbW 4), it was possible to get an inititive total of ~27+5d6, with a two actions on your first and second pass. That will give you between 6 and 8 passes per combat round. Yikes!

[Have not looked at the exact numbers for several years, but I did have a major baddy in my SR3 game with MbW4 whos totals are pretty close to what I have writen. Base inititive might have been in the teens, which would still net him 5 to 7 passes per combat round]
Drogos
And instantly make him a Cyberzombie cyber.gif

IIRC MBW 3+ had essence in the 6-7 range, right?
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Drogos @ Jan 22 2009, 01:19 PM) *
And instantly make him a Cyberzombie cyber.gif

IIRC MBW 3+ had essence in the 6-7 range, right?

MBW1~3 had the same essence as wired reflexes. MBW4 was 7 essence. Deltagrade only cost 3.5 essence (and something like 12 million nuyen). He was an update of the "Million Dollar Man", the "Fifty Million Nuyen Man". cyber.gif
Drogos
It's scary how close I can get after not looking at that stuff for 7+ years. Damn useless knowledges.
Browncoatone
It's scary how close I can get after not looking at that stuff for 7+ years. Damn useless knowledges.

What's even worse is when you can't remember those useless facts anymore but you've got nothing useful to replace them with. Wasted youth is fun until you get old!
Malachi
QUOTE (Drogos @ Jan 22 2009, 03:12 PM) *

Drogos
RPG Game Stats (Street Knowledge) 6
Drogos
If only I could use my powers for good...and by good I mean profit nyahnyah.gif
pbangarth
QUOTE (Browncoatone @ Jan 22 2009, 12:17 PM) *
What's even worse is when you can't remember those useless facts anymore but you've got nothing useful to replace them with. Wasted youth is fun until you get old!

notworthy.gif

Peter
Kev
QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 22 2009, 12:40 PM) *

Not so extreme when you realize that, 6 months after implant, the character's brain can no longer keep up, he starts having seizures and tremors and, eventually, has to have the whole system ripped out just to not wind up DEAD. Fun stuff, though!
InfinityzeN
Only the SR3 stuff Kev. The SR4 stuff doesn't have that problem anymore.
BRodda
QUOTE (Kev @ Jan 22 2009, 02:59 PM) *
Not so extreme when you realize that, 6 months after implant, the character's brain can no longer keep up, he starts having seizures and tremors and, eventually, has to have the whole system ripped out just to not wind up DEAD. Fun stuff, though!

Its not that bad. However MbW has been directly linked to Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. Its a -10pt quality, but you can get it it your GM thinks that you are abusing the wires or just have to much cyber crammed into your brain.
InfinityzeN
It was that bad in SR3 BRodda.
BRodda
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 22 2009, 03:25 PM) *
It was that bad in SR3 BRodda.

I meant it's not that bad in SR4.
SR3made it like you were playing a Juicer from Rifts.
InfinityzeN
Yepper, you kinda were playing a Juicer from Rifts.

Speaking of which, someone actually made a Juicer package for CP2020. Might be interesting to build for SR4.
Jaid
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Jan 22 2009, 04:06 PM) *
Yepper, you kinda were playing a Juicer from Rifts.

Speaking of which, someone actually made a Juicer package for CP2020. Might be interesting to build for SR4.

not that hard. get yourself an autoinjector, a nanobot hive, and some nanobots. and lots of drugs. the end.
InfinityzeN
"Drugs, we need lots of drugs..."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012