Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weapon Mods on Grenades?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
TeaTime
It's time to do bad things to even worse people, and these MAD scanners at checkpoints got me down. I'm thinking some nice Ceramic/Plasteel Components + Vacuum Seal on a few WP grenades might show how much I care.

So, from a mechanics perspective, how many slots on a grenade?

*Boom.*
Matsci
QUOTE (TeaTime @ Jan 24 2009, 08:34 PM) *
It's time to do bad things to even worse people, and these MAD scanners at checkpoints got me down. I'm thinking some nice Ceramic/Plasteel Components + Vacuum Seal on a few WP grenades might show how much I care.

So, from a mechanics perspective, how many slots on a grenade?

*Boom.*

ALL weapons have 6 slots.

My players were thinking of adding mobility upgrades to Iron Bombs, to use for wetwork.
Fix-it
I'd allow it. but you'd have to pay out the nose for it, like 20x normal cost per grenade MINIMUM.

Arsenal pg 148 says slots = 6.

i can't find the entry for "vacuum seal" however.
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Matsci @ Jan 24 2009, 10:02 PM) *

ALL weapons have 6 slots.

My players were thinking of adding mobility upgrades to Iron Bombs, to use for wetwork.

heh, now i have the mental vision of WW2 iron bombs with spider legs wink.gif
Neraph
I think he means the modification that helps prevent detection of explosives and drugs or whatnot. I forget the name. I like the weapon personality, and have the grenades countdown till their detonation.

Or, take shuriken/throwing knives/thrown weapons and give them the advanced weapon safety (I think it's called) with the electical discharge thing. So it goes like this: I throw shuriken into you, you say "Ow!" You do whatever. My IP comes back, the shuriken goes "You're not my daddy!" and gives the person it's stuck in a 6S (E) shock.
Lyonheart
Guy I knew put mobility on a Boomerang, instant baterang.
Matsci
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 24 2009, 11:19 PM) *

So do my players wobble.gif
Method
QUOTE (Arsenal page 124)
This unguided gravity bomb seems like a relic from the previous millennia...

How exactly is a walking gravity bomb supposed to do any damage if it isn't dropped from a plane?
Dancer
I thought a gravity bomb just meant one that is propelled by gravity, with no rocket motor. One with no explosive charge is a kinetic weapon.
Tachi
QUOTE (Matsci @ Jan 24 2009, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Jan 24 2009, 04:19 PM) *

I was thinking that too. In fact, I had a mental image of a WWII 500lb. 'walker-bomb' strolling into a political rally while 'trying to look casual'. Which brings up a question. How much explosives can you fit in a Anthroform (Mimic)?

QUOTE (Neraph @ Jan 24 2009, 10:33 PM) *
I like the weapon personality, and have the grenades countdown till their detonation.

"I am a thirty-second bomb, I am a thirty-second bomb... Twenty-nine, twenty-eight, twenty-seven...
Ryu
QUOTE (Method @ Jan 25 2009, 06:58 AM) *
How exactly is a walking gravity bomb supposed to do any damage if it isn't dropped from a plane?

Dude, think about it.

It hurts, yes?
Tyro
Could you give a grenade Personalized Grip for an extra die for throwing it accurately?
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Method @ Jan 25 2009, 05:58 AM) *

Wikipedia explains all.
Method
Fair enough... but I would never allow it in my game. wink.gif
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (Tachi @ Jan 25 2009, 04:55 AM) *
"I am a thirty-second bomb, I am a thirty-second bomb... Twenty-nine, twenty-eight, twenty-seven..."

"... I lied *BOOM!*"
Squinky
So, with this line of thought, how about a Throwing Knife with Gecko Grip, The advanced safety option Electro shocker and Springed Trigger spike.

You get a good poke in them, then a shock, then they try to grab it and pull it out and get their hand skewered, but they can't anyway because of the gecko grip smile.gif

Then they get shocked for two more turns smile.gif

Seem's pretty mean.
IceKatze
hi hi

Call me old fashioned, but the first mod I would use on my grenades would be Ruthenium Polymers.

"Hey Tom, did you hear something?"
"Nope, do you see anything?"
"Hmm, I could have sworn I h~ Kaboom!"

I have to wonder though, if you put Gecko Grip on a grenade, would you get its +6 dice pool modifier on the scatter test?
Fix-it
no, for sticky-grenades I'd say you either hit your target or miss completely. might be good in combination w/ remote detonation, however. fast and easy way to set up ambushes.
InfinityzeN
Oh damn, I'm glad my players aren't on DS. If they saw this thread it would be all over...
Deschain
Curse my lack of time to play, much less seeing about locating a group. First the "Calling Card" thread made me yearn for a jawbreaker throwing adept and now I want to make a deranged individual who makes emo explosives....

"I have nothing to live for!"
"Erm, you're an explosive, you're not even alive..."
"Wha? WAAAAAAAAAH!"

--BOOM--

Well, it's either that or something that asks riddles before blowing up regardless of the answer.

Edited because I don't type worth anything after midnight...
Falconer
Mobility mod on an iron bomb... very cute... though failing that there's always fallback method.

What's that thing strapped to the doberman's back (give the doberman gecko tips, sat uplink, maybe camo, and something to give it larger internal storage for the bomb). Brings new meaning to the word 'stealth bomber'.

Those bombs are also a great way to arm an otherwise unarmed aerial supply drone. (complete w/ 2 cargo pod drop points off the shelf)

Though to be honest, the shocking throwing knives are a funny idea.

But I'm not for modifying ammunition as if it were a standalone weapon (and yes grenades count as ammo in my book). Not that it can't be done or is unreasonable But I wouldn't do it as a mod, I'd do it as a special ammo availability... say -20% base damage (10->8damcode), and +6 availability, with a good chance that you'll need to work up a special contact or skillset & specialized tools to do it yourself. Avail is high enough on plain vanilla ammo that it wouldn't be overly hard to find/do, but for the more exotic rounds it could take some time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012