Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recruitment:Plata o Plomo
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Red-ROM
QUOTE (Oenone @ Feb 14 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Just to check, Red-ROM you know a rating 6 fake SIN requires the Restricted Gear quality right? (Because of the availability being 18)

Edit - Ooo. If we can place the points wherever then I think I'm going to drop Erased and replace it with another point of Intuition. Because while it's a really nice quality I'd much rather have better skill DP's and more knowledge skills instead.

Thanks for the catch, Ibumped them down to 4,I went through and checked availabilities, I think I'm good now but let me know. also, That freed up some cred to buy bullets, which I had forgotten, so that worked out great!
BlackHat
That would have been embarrassing. biggrin.gif

Asking for spare bullets mid-run is not the way to make a good first impression in the Shadows.
BlackHat
Just realized I need to add knowledge skills to Discharge. Will do that at some point tomorrow.
Red-ROM
I guess not having any interests or schooling is probably still better than not having bullets grinbig.gif
Oenone
QUOTE (Red-ROM @ Feb 14 2009, 09:51 PM) *
I guess not having any interests or schooling is probably still better than not having bullets grinbig.gif

That depends. Providing you have a decent supply of rockets/missiles or grenades you'll probably manage without bullets!
Red-ROM
Yeah, I'll have to wait for my next nuyen.gif 250,000 to get the good stuff
Red-ROM
I got a little time on my hands this morning, so here's Jasper's 20 questions
[ Spoiler ]
Fuchs
2 Questions:

1. Do we or the GM roll starting money?

2. What do our characters know of each other? Did they work together already, or meet for the first time? Up to us?
BlackHat
QUOTE (BlackHat @ Feb 14 2009, 04:21 PM) *
Just realized I need to add knowledge skills to Discharge. Will do that at some point tomorrow.

Editted them into the character sheet (a page or so back) in place.
ChipheadCharley
You roll your money, and you may know or know of eachother as you work out between yourselves. If you wish to have worked with eachother in the past, i'd like to take a page from WinterRat1 and have you write your takes on your fellow running mates (opinions on them)
Fuchs
I am not adverse to having some ties with other PCs. Stray's been doing all sort of odd jobs, legal and illegal, and so there's a variety of possible connections, if anyone wants to coordinate a tie-in.
Oenone
Rossi has been active in the Seattle Shadows for a while and has a fair few ranks in Underworld Politics & Underworld Personalities. So anyone with some kind of organized crime background could potentially know him (or have heard the sort of things which would make him want to work with a party member, if that's more appropriate).

Edit - I assume this is Seattle set? Only I can't see any specific mention of location before now.
ChipheadCharley
Yes it is Seattle
DireRadiant
Yukika aka Snow Flower works at the Golden Tiger Garden Tea House , and Yakuza Gambling Den, and the free floating professional gambling circuit. Anyone may know of her if they have the appropriate background and knowledges.
ChipheadCharley
Since she has a dragon mentor, is she known as a bad loser? or does she pass her composure tests?
DireRadiant
QUOTE (ChipheadCharley @ Feb 16 2009, 03:11 PM) *
Since she has a dragon mentor, is she known as a bad loser? or does she pass her composure tests?

Oh, statistically it's frequent enough to qualify as a sore loser. smile.gif At least enough to earn a reputation.
Fuchs
We've got:

Stray (Human Physad) Player: Fuchs

Flash (Covert Sammie) Player: Gobogen

Tesseract (Ork Sammie) Player: Dionysis

Snow Flower/Yukika (Human Mystic Adept) Player: DireRadiant

Discharge (Epileptic Mystic Adept) Player: BlackHat

Rossi (Face) Player: Oenone

Jasper (Human Rigger) Player: Red-ROM
gobogen
Well, here is Flash, the covert ops / sammy, with limited face capabilities.

Her story can be tied up with any shadowrunner quite easily, as she\\\'s known to accept a variety of jobs, for any fixer who comes her way. She\\\'s been on the shadow scene for 2 years, coming from a purely ganger background. The gang she\\\'s associated with could have worked or be working for any crime syndicate without a huge anti-meta bias, if this helps.

===========

Flash

Name on SIN: Alice Tanner
Archetype: Covert Ops / Sammy

Female Elf
5'5", 120 lbs
26 years old

Timeline
[ Spoiler ]

Backstory
[ Spoiler ]

Physical Description
[ Spoiler ]

Personality
[ Spoiler ]

Morals, Ethics
[ Spoiler ]

Wednesday, 8:30 PM
[ Spoiler ]

Build Points Breakdown
[ Spoiler ]

Stats Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Red-ROM
Jasper

Anybody thats needed a car fixed or needed a ride somewhere, especially in Puyallup or Tacoma has probably run into Jasper.
Fuchs
Stray could have been seen in the "Starlight Express" in Tacome (as per the small story), or could have had her used scooter repaired by Jasper. Anyone with contacts to the Yakuza could know about her (by coincidence) or find out more about her.
Red-ROM
There's a lot of Yakuza activity in Tacoma(well, all the mobs fight over those docks). where's the Golden Tiger located? or maybe another Yak gambling den..? Jasper's starting from scratch and is looking to network. I'm sure if Stray had him fix her ride, he'd definately pass along his contact info. And I know he's been hired to drive around timid wage slaves lookin to gamble. Probably had to high tale a couple home after they made an ass outa themsevles too. I'm sure everyones been downtown for some reason or another. Jasper helped out some smugglers get some hot talisma outa Tir' Tangeir and up to some fancy downtown high rise. He played a small part, but it got him a new truck.
Fuchs
Jasper could have met Stray by her having him fix her bike. He may or may not know she's involved in the shadows, maybe she dropped off some part as a courier with him. He might also have seen her dance or waitress.

Flash could have met Stray on the streets, or on low-key jobs, or in a club. Same for Tesseract.

Snow Flower/Yukika could know of Stray through the latter's debt to the yakuzas, or as a talented dancer. Not sure how likely a meeting is.

I am not sure about Rossi or Discharge.
BlackHat
I'm not sure about Discharge either. wink.gif I sort of built him to be the new kid on the block. Statistically, he wouldn't survive enough runs to build up any sort of reputation, so I figure hes only done a few specific other jobs (which might have been with some of the other PCs, or maybe they just heard about them) but that he generally gets jobs from people who are desperate enough to gamble on him - or are looking for disposable resources.

The fact that he is a combat-magey-type at least puts him in higher demand than usual - so a decent team might settle for him, last minute, if something happened to their regular spell-slinger. This would probably be the easiest, no-fuss way of having him know a "real" team of shadowrunners.

Another idea could be that someone once worked on a job (possibly with criminal syndicate ties) that requires a distraction, and a secondary (disposable) team (which included Discharge) was rounded up and promised god-knows-what to accomplish some meaningless objective. Maybe their part went off well, and discharge managed to keep it together, and ended up helping out the main team - or at least people on the main team would know him, by having worked with him before.

*shrugs* I dunno, I'm up for anything, if people have other ideas.
gobogen
Yeah, I don't personally think it's worth it to fuss too much about the details. I'm okay with assuming Flash has met every other team member between 1 and 3 times before, or heard enough about them to have a very rough idea of who they might be and what they can do as runners. We could have done a run together, or another runner told me about you, or I've seen you in Dante's Inferno or elsewhere, or a fixer told me something about you, or we've chatted in shadowland (on the matrix) about running, and the list goes on.

My suggestion is for us all to have a very rough idea of each other, leaving space for "discovering" more about each other, yet avoiding the useless parts about presentations and so on.

I don't wanna say that you shouldn't actually work out all the details, just that we really don't have to for the sake of this game. If someone wants a specific history with my character and offers a detailed story, I'll likely agree to it unless it doesn't fit my character concept.

I am, however, eager to see this game start grinbig.gif
dionysus
Agree w/ gobogen. One thing I'll note is that Tes' Yakuza stint was with the Shigeda gumi, since the others wouldn't have anything to do with an ork. Jasper he might know from his smuggling days.
gobogen
@ChipheadCharley

I sent you a PM with a few specific questions about my character a couple of days ago.
Buddha72
Are you still accepting characters for this game? I was curious. smile.gif
ChipheadCharley
I am not currently, but will add you to the reserve list behind DWC incase I need another.

Gobogen, sorry about that. I've recieved a ton of PM's and glanced right over it. I've replied back and hope you can make sense of it all.
Red-ROM
What if we all happened to be in the same runner bar or some such. and it got raided by lone star. LIke somebody dropped the dime on some serious shinanegins. and we ended up escaping together in the chaos? thrown together by fate as it were... ?
Fuchs
Up to the GM. Though a fixer hiring everyone works often just as well.
gobogen
No worries Chip, it happens.

Maybe we could move to an OOC thread so that it doesn't seem like we're still in recruitment phase and we could get this thing started maybe? spin.gif
Red-ROM
I'm good with whatever. we might need the gm to reign this in and get us started
ChipheadCharley
I've been in the process of reining in, as well as build overlook
ChipheadCharley
But yes, I am woofully behind my original schedule I had figured. Lets move this to the new OOC thread and bury this like a repressed sexual memory of a trusted religious figuuuuuree....boy that's a fruedian slip lol
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012