Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spending Initiative Passes
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tashiro
I noticed in the Martial Arts section, and I believe in Adept Powers, you can sacrifice your next action to use immediately upon meeting a certain condition. 'If you hit with an attack, you can use your next action to attack immediately' or 'if you are parry an attack, you may use your next action to attack immediately'.

My first question was: What happens if you only have one Initiative Pass? Are these, then, utterly useless?
Second: Can you use your next Round's action this Round to act?
Dakka Dakka
The next action does not have to be in the same IP or round. IIRC the phrase is next available action.
Medicineman
Second: Can you use your next Round's action this Round to act?

Yes smile.gif

HougH!
Medicineman
Tashiro
How far can you go into Action Debt? wink.gif
Medicineman
first Round spend Action of second Round.
Second Round pause (cause it was used up in first Round)
Third Round use Action of 4th Rnd
4th Round pause
aso

HeyJa HeyaJe
Medicineman
Tashiro
Sounds reasonable.
Dakka Dakka
Hmm. Since I can't find any rule that explicitly forbids using the riposte maneuver during full defense, you could probably accumulate an infinite action debt.
On the other hand Full defense implies that you do nothing but avoiding attacks, so riposte might be out.
For the disarm maneuver you actually have to go on full defense. wacko.gif
hobgoblin
i swear there is a thread about this where either synner or AH supplies their take.

dug up this:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=21623
Tashiro
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Feb 11 2009, 06:05 AM) *
i swear there is a thread about this where either synner or AH supplies their take.

dug up this:
http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=21623

Thanks. I tried a search and got nothing, so I was wondering...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012