Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mods you have grown to love.
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
Dumori
I know there have been a few of these posts.

So what have been some of your favorite mod you've made GM or player.

One of my favorites are missile carrying VTOL nimrod drones that are rearmed off a citymaster. I have moe but ill have to dig out my nite book with them in.
Draco18s
P93 Preatorr:
Additional Clip
Extended Clip (so a full clip is stil ~50 bullets)
Gas Vent 3
External Smartlink
Melee Hardening*

*My character hasn't engaged in melee combat yet, but it might come up (interesting, FF2 doesn't have "melee" in its dictionary).
clip1 has standard ammunition, clip2 has gel rounds.
kzt
Frag grenade with a motion sensor and a short arming cycle. Useful for discouraging pursuit.
The Jopp
I've created some more or less "superhero" type characters with one or two pieces of highly modified equipment. Here are a few examples.

Katerinas Kiss
Katerina is a ex russian mafia hitman who simply loves guns, she usually carries around about five pairs of them in various sizes depending on the job, being ambidextrous helps too.

The Katerinas Kiss is a pair of modified shooting bracers with improved ammo capacity, melee reinforcement and is deadly in Katerinas capable hands.

Base Weapon: Tiffani Élégance Shooting Bracer
Total Cost: 3800Y

Modifications:
Extended Clip [1]
Smartgun System [1]
Skin Link [1]
Melee Hardening [1]
Trigger Removal [-]
Silencer [2]

Steel Blizzard
The steel blizzard is a limited edition Slivergun that has been outlawed in some areas but have a very good reputation in dealing with large numbers of wild animals, or feral ghouls. Some australian nutjob decided that removing and modifying the trigger was a good idea and increasing the clip size. The pistol have the ability to fire full automatic fire.

Total Cost: 1800Y (With Smartlink)
Modifications:
Improved Clip [1]
Fire Selection: Small Mod [1]

Ophis
I thought this was a chance to give kudos to Fist and Adam (if they're still mods... Hey I've had access issues).

Coolest mod gun I've had in a game was based on Teachdaire's rifle (no not inspired, actually built from) and the Morph seeking weapon, the party had been having some Tir problems, and the Sniper had just mastered Gunsmithing, so he took the bits he could scavenge and built his own toy on top of them. It kicks less than his Barrett but it's designed to be used on the move which gives him more options.

Best vehicle mod was the Self Righting Mechanism that a rigger started to add to his drones after one to many flipping incident to many (one in this case). He also got aquatic adaptation just to protect from people doing damage to his vehicles underside when he drove over them.
Stahlseele
Shadowrun 3rd Ed Canon Companion Weapon-Built Rules were the sick stuff . .
Heavy Pistol, Hightened Power+1(10M) Regular Ammo
SA/BF Fire-Mode(13S) Regular Ammo
3 Points of Built in Recoil Compensation,
Concealability of 7 before factoring in Cocnealable Holster for a 9, and then Long Mantle for 9+4,5 rounded up to 5=14,
Maximum Clip-Capacity of 50 Bullets.
Smartlink Built in for Short Range ouchies, you can Add an Sound-Suppressor and bring the weapon down to 12 conceal,
you can add an high power laser-pointer for long range ouchies and a concealability of 11.
then Factor in other ammo-Types and i basically have the Damage of an Assault-Rifle in my Pocket.

Then i did the Same to a Shotgun and things got REALLY Ugly with 10S and 13S Damage with the same concealability, converted to clip and 50 bullets in the long clip too . .

As for Vehicles . . i basically had the old Bat-Mobile, Street-Hawk and K.I.T.T. custom built ^^
Mäx
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 15 2009, 10:28 PM) *
P93 Preatorr:
Additional Clip

As P93 isn't a pistol, you don't need the extended clip to have 50 bullets per clip.
Rotbart van Dainig
My favorite mod from Arsenal?

Rocket Boosters - a 2 second jump with 5m ceiling is pure awesome.
And always remember: The faster you go, the further you jump.
Matsci
My players managed to aquire a skytrain. They installed arms on it.

They seem to think this is the coolest thing ever.
Warlordtheft
One of the NPC in my campaign has a pair of these, one for each arm.

Ruger Warhawk contains level 3 ceremic components, an ammo skip system, increased cylinder capacity, and is SA.

Typically he has 4 regular rounds, 2 Stick and shock, and 2 explosive rounds in each cylinder.
Cost: About nuyen.gif 8,000 each
Availability:20F
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mäx @ Feb 15 2009, 04:33 PM) *
As P93 isn't a pistol, you don't need the extended clip to have 50 bullets per clip.

TBH, I never saw that indication. Thanks. 63 bullets is 26 bullets better than 50. wink.gif
Jaid
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 16 2009, 12:05 AM) *
TBH, I never saw that indication. Thanks. 63 bullets is 26 bullets better than 50. wink.gif

is it indeed?
TheOOB
Fichetti Security 900 w/Internal Smartlink system, internal silencer, and electronic firing, loaded with stick-n-shock or subsonic rounds as the situation requires(or narcojet for those who can afford to fill a 30 round clip with the stuff). It's a very quiet little package that doesn't require you to carry around spare clips and has plenty of stopping power with the shock rounds, and is almost impossible to detect with subsonic rounds. If my memory serves it still has an extra slot or two to customize further.
Mäx
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 16 2009, 07:05 AM) *

I would say that if 100 bullets isn't enought the neither is 126. grinbig.gif
Draco18s
QUOTE (Mäx @ Feb 16 2009, 02:16 AM) *
I would say that if 100 bullets isn't enought the neither is 126. grinbig.gif

Given that I've changed clips once (over 6 months of gaming) and never used more than 18 bullets in a fight (that's 3 initiative passes of 2 simple action short bursts)...
BlueMax
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 16 2009, 11:09 AM) *
Given that I've changed clips once (over 6 months of gaming) and never used more than 18 bullets in a fight (that's 3 initiative passes of 2 simple action short bursts)...

I have a character who loves spraying suppression fire. He goes through hundreds of rounds per adventure. Everyone is different.
Note: I am not saying that this method is effective, only that he loves engaging in it.
Draco18s
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Feb 16 2009, 02:27 PM) *
I have a character who loves spraying suppression fire. He goes through hundreds of rounds per adventure. Everyone is different.
Note: I am not saying that this method is effective, only that he loves engaging in it.

I never said mine was either. wink.gif
I'm just not the gunbunny, I've got two suicidal maniacs who enjoy rushing in with Full Auto turned on and rack up the higher kill count...and tend to be the ones getting shot at (I like my blood on the inside). I guard the mage for the most part.
Nexushound
Leave it to PC's. The gamers in my group went and stole a Hermez Van. Nice ride, very comfortable. When they got it home they ripped all the seats out and reduced the amenities to Squatter so they could fit more of there ganger buddies inside. Not an upgrade but definitly a modification.
paws2sky
My current favorite modded pistol belongs to the Troll Bodyguard/Adept in the group:

Ruger Super Warhawk
Smartlink (factory modified)
Metahuman Customization (Troll)
Melee Hardened
Increased Cylinder
Firing Selection: Small (SA) <---- I might be wrong on this one.
Ammo Skip
Voice Activation
Total Cost: ~1950 nuyen

The smartlink is a factory installed item. Funny thing is, he never uses the smartlink it because he has Simsense Vertigo. He uses the gun a la Judge Dread. "XX Round!" *spin* "Confirmed." *bang* *splat!*

Actually, he's modified a fair bit of his gear to be voice activated so he doesn't have to mess with AR or anything else that will set off his Vertigo.

The group also had a pair of Colt Governments modified for their Gunslinger Adept, but heck if I can recall what all they have.

-paws
Neraph
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 15 2009, 02:28 PM) *
P93 Preatorr:
Additional Clip
Gas Vent 3
External Smartlink
Melee Hardening*

*My character hasn't engaged in melee combat yet, but it might come up (interesting, FF2 doesn't have "melee" in its dictionary).
clip1 has standard ammunition, clip2 has gel rounds.

Clips only work at 75% if they're pistol or smaller. SMGs retain their clip size.
Neraph
Harley Davidson Scorpion with Motorcycle Gyro Stabilization and Personality Software (Horse). On an ork character with a Cavalier Deputy (internal smartlink, personalized grip) and Desperado (internal smartlink, personalized grip) and a Long Coat. Smoked cigars and said "Paht'nah' a lot.
Neraph
Any laser weapon with Internal Smartlink, Large Firing Selection Change (Full Auto) and Small Firing Selection Change (Burst Fire).

I present: Neraph's Brand™ Strobe Light that Kills People!™
Draco18s
QUOTE (paws2sky @ Feb 16 2009, 04:19 PM) *
Firing Selection: Small (SA) <---- I might be wrong on this one.

I think it depends on what it had before. Single shot to SA is a large, but BF to SA is small...the rules are a little jumbled, but I only used them once, in an attempt to make the only pistol with 7P base damage do full auto. nyahnyah.gif
Too bad the clip size is 1!

QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 16 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Clips only work at 75% if they're pistol or smaller. SMGs retain their clip size.

Yes. We've been through that.
Matsci
QUOTE (Neraph @ Feb 16 2009, 01:43 PM) *
Any laser weapon with Internal Smartlink, Large Firing Selection Change (Full Auto) and Small Firing Selection Change (Burst Fire).

I present: Neraph's Brand™ Strobe Light that Kills People!™

Laser Weapons cannot accept Firing Selection Change.
Dunsany
SS to SA is a "small modification." It's even explicitly given as an example of what is a small modification for the purposes of Firing Selection Change. So yes,

Upgrading an SS or SA weapon to BF or FA mode is considered a large modification. Everything else (equipping an SS weapon with an SA mode and vice versa, equipping a BF weapon with an FA mode and vice versa, equipping a BF or FA weapon with an SS or SA mode) is considered a small modification.

And on a more important note, that gun is great. I'm especially impressed with the modification rules in Arsenal that really give personality to the equipment of the characters. I like that you can look at a particular character's gear (and especially weapons and vehicles with these rules) and get insight into that character.

And a gun with voice activated ammo skipping is certainly a good example of someone with a bit of style.

And in honor of the purpose of the thread:

The character is a sharpshooter/infiltrator with the following rifle:
Remington 950
Internal Silencer, Firing Selection Change (SA), Extreme Environment Modification (Level 1), Improved Range Finder, Smartgun System (Internal)
Draco18s
QUOTE (Dunsany @ Feb 16 2009, 05:56 PM) *
SS to SA is a "small modification." It's even explicitly given as an example of what is a small modification for the purposes of Firing Selection Change.

I was trying to recall off the top of my head. Opening the PDF isn't exactly quick on my 4+ year old laptop that decided to corrupt the boot record on Friday.
Dumori
I modded the 7P pistol to a 4round cylender toammo clips and exteded clip. my adept fied two shot then loaded two each pass. I also modded the same base weapon foe a really stealth assain weapon. It was cepted broken down with vacum pack inderviule round in his cyber arm.
Bashfull
I have a sneaky, infiltration type character who isn' t good at taking damage. If it hits the fan, she shoots to kill, so she carries:

Ares Alpha
Assault rifle ranges; Damage 6P (7P when using EX-explosive ammo); AP -1; SA/BF/FA; 42©
Integral recoil system (2 Recoil points)
Gas Vent 3
Chameleon coating
Sling (1 Recoil Point)
Foregrip (1 Recoil Point)
Smartgun system
Personalized grip (1 Recoil Point)
and a stock

When she's trying to be quiet, she uses a Yamaha Sakura Fubuki with integral silencer, electonic firing and smartgun system. That takes sound based perception down by muchos (-7).
Dumori
Skytrain
Armor (Normal) r 20
Chameleon Coating
Drone Rack (Large Landing) x3
Retrans Unit
Satellite Communication
Weapon Mount (Reinfoced,Concealed,Fixed,Remote)
Armed with a Aztechnology Itzcóatl Gauss Cannon or if your sissy a S-K Taurus Light Gauss Cannon
Improved Sensor Array

Nimrod X3
Armor (Normal) r 20
Chameleon Coating
Ammo Bins x 2
armed with 3 Mitsubishi-GM Outlaw and one Saab-Saaker AIM-27 Sparrow Hawk

the skytrain pints and controll the nimrod totting 4 missles each if need one nimrod can be armed with a mingun and balistar missle launcher for fire suport. for more overmodding signiture masking is usefull.This is a very power load out as it gives long range defence and atack powers the sky train can store more ammo in side and land to rearm its drones. However this is pushing RAW a bit. This costs around 4050300 to pull off. thats with 10 reloads per drone.
Doc Byte
I love my Sam's best friend:

Ingram Mac X

Build in

- Smartlink
- Gas-vent 2
- Sound Suppressor
- Folding Stock

Mods

- Heavy Barrel
- Electronic Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Skinlink

Accessories

- Underbarrel Weight

Amo (Caseless)

- Stick-n-shock
- Subsonic (-7 or -9 to Perception depending on reading the rules)

Recoil

1. Short Burst loud: 0 Recoil
2. Short Burst loud: -1 Recoil

1. Short Burst silent: 0 Recoil
2. Short Burst silent: -3 Recoil

Long Burst loud: -1
Long Burst silent: -3

Fullauto loud: -3 Recoil
Fullauto silent: -5 Recoil

"Let's rock!"
*play duketheme.wav
Squinky
Yeah, modding laser weapons to burst is pushing things a bit, not to say I wouldn't run it past my GM smile.gif

I've always wanted to make a large semi-auto pistol using a warhawk with extended cylinder as a base, but that all depends on the GM.

Dumori
QUOTE (Doc Byte @ Feb 17 2009, 12:10 AM) *
Mods

- Heavy Barrel
- Electronic Firing
- Trigger Removal
- Skinlink

stick aditional clip in there and youve got a winner
paws2sky
QUOTE (Draco18s @ Feb 16 2009, 05:19 PM) *
I think it depends on what it had before. Single shot to SA is a large, but BF to SA is small...the rules are a little jumbled, but I only used them once, in an attempt to make the only pistol with 7P base damage do full auto. nyahnyah.gif
Too bad the clip size is 1!

Ah, sorry. I meant that I'm not sure if he actually took the SA firing mode. He was a pretty lousy shot. smile.gif

-paws
InfinityzeN
For a character I'm building for the 800BP challenge over on the Community Projects side of the forum.
QUOTE ('Sith Lightsaber')
AZ-150 Stun Baton
Mods: Custom Look 2, Flashlight, Personalized Grip, Easy Breakdown (Powered), Adv. Safety (Shocker), Skinlink
Total cost: $3,420

The Custom Look to make it appear to be a lightsaber, complete with Action Soundsâ„¢. The Flashlight is to make the 'Blade' glow, capable of being set to over one thousand colors or turned off. Easy Breakdown was used to represent the 'Blade' colapsing down.

So you pull out this black cylinder, and suddenly a glowing blade extends from it with the 'swosh' sound of a powering up lightsaber.

"George Lucas going to sue some body!"

And my fav lil SMG for use by a professional.
QUOTE ('IFT Custom 227X')
HK 227X
Built-In: Smartgun, Sound Suppresser, Retractable Stock
Mods: Gas-Vent 3, Electronic Firing, Extended Clip, Skinlink
Accessories: Foregrip, Sling, Scope (Mag, Enhance 3, Image Link, Low-Light, Thermo, Smartlink, Skinlink)
Total Cost: $2,810 + optional Scope ($1,275)

It's a nasty little weapon, with a 35 round clip, SA/BF/FA, 4(7) points of recoil comp, very quiet, and with the scope attached pretty darn good at seeing and shooting targets. The scope & weapon connect directly, so no wireless signal. Call it a professionals gun.
BlueMax
I hate to overload a thread but...

Anyone use the mods for making an item more conceable? Does anyone use the detection rules? I have yet to overcome the hurdle of understanding how to use them quickly and easily. Ohh what I wouldn't give for an old fashion concealbility on each weapon.
Heath Robinson
CODE
FN P93 Praetor
Electronic Firing (doesn't consume slots, costs 200 nuyen, should always be taken)
Flashlight (glare mods, lovely glare mods)
Gas Vent 3
Forgrip
Sling

1 + 1 + 3 + 2 = 7 RC

Cost: 1410 (iirc)

Good cheap SMG for your gun bunny. Add your choice of smartgun sysem.
Bashfull
Have I missed something? Electronic firing takes two slots and costs Y1k, doesn't it?
InfinityzeN
It is a 200 Nuyen built in option for the FN P93 Praetor. Read the individual weapons discription.
Heath Robinson
And because it's built into the base weapon description it doesn't consume slots. Same goes for the flashlight (100 nuyen).
crizh
Right now I'm liking these babies.

Ares Vigorous Assault Cannon

-- Smartlink, External Accessory (Top)
-- Laser Designator 6, External Accessory (Under)
-- Fire Selection Change - SA
-- Extreme Environment Modification (Desert)
-- Silencer Modification

(5500 nuyen.gif )

M-12 Portable Mortar x2

-- Smartlink, External Accessory (Top)
-- Smart Firing Platform
-- Extreme Environment Modification (Desert)

(4750 nuyen.gif each.)

Add a Renraku Manservant to re-load the mortars.

Cheap and cheerful. For precise, close range work you can just fire the AC or if you really want to lay down some smack or the target is at long range use the designator to feed co-ordinates to the mortars.

[every time I re-read the phrases 'close range' and 'long range' above I chuckle inside. And as for 'Silencer Modification' I literally start to LOL.]

Can I just say that in the bang-per-buck stakes Mortars really do take the biscuit...
InfinityzeN
Sorry, you can NOT add a silencer to any heavy weapon. No adding them to machine guns, no adding them to cannon.
crizh
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 17 2009, 07:23 PM) *
Sorry, you can NOT add a silencer to any heavy weapon. No adding them to machine guns, no adding them to cannon.

Source?

I've looked and all I can find is BBB p311 which restricts it to SS or SA weapons that are not revolvers.
InfinityzeN
Arsenal, at the begining of each weapon type it stats the mod locations avalible to them. For heavy, it clearly states "No Silencers"
Bashfull
QUOTE (Heath Robinson @ Feb 17 2009, 02:05 PM) *
And because it's built into the base weapon description it doesn't consume slots. Same goes for the flashlight (100 nuyen).

Ah, thanks, you two. Re: the flashlight option - does that not go some way to giving your position away to the enemy? Otherwise, nice idea viz the glare factor.
Heath Robinson
QUOTE (Bashfull @ Feb 17 2009, 09:05 PM) *
Ah, thanks, you two. Re: the flashlight option - does that not go some way to giving your position away to the enemy? Otherwise, nice idea viz the glare factor.

QUOTE (Page 33 @ Arsenal)
The flashlight’s lens is recessed, making it difficult for those not directly in the light’s path to trace its source.
crizh
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 17 2009, 08:57 PM) *
Arsenal, at the begining of each weapon type it stats the mod locations avalible to them. For heavy, it clearly states "No Silencers"

Well that's a moronic ruling but thanks for pointing it out.
Kev
QUOTE (crizh @ Feb 17 2009, 04:18 PM) *
Well that's a moronic ruling but thanks for pointing it out.

Wait... it's a moronic ruling that cannons and machineguns can't mount sound suppressors?

rotfl.gif
The Neutronium Alchemist
Well, you can fit suppressors to heavy and light machine guns but it I'm not bowled over by the effectiveness.
crizh
QUOTE (Kev @ Feb 17 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Wait... it's a moronic ruling that cannons and machineguns can't mount sound suppressors?

rotfl.gif

What does the Barrett fire?

Oh, wait, 50 cal machine gun rounds.

InfinityzeN
In single shot, not spray and pray. And the assault cannons are closer to 20mm or bigger anti-material rifles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012