Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The ‘Build a Superhero’ Challenge
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Pages: 1, 2
InfinityzeN
Ok all, here is the challenge. Build superheroes, it doesn't matter which series they are from. Batman, Superman, Wolverine, Spiderman, Ironman, The Hulk, etc. However, there are a few minor caveats and limitations.

* Must be based on actual Superhero, no made up random characters
* Unlimited BP/Karma (Listing total amount spent in each area required)
* Unlimited Resources (Again, list total amount spent)
* It must be in the rules, no making random things up
* No breaking maximums (Skill Caps, Race Stat Caps, etc)
* For tech inventors, start with an item base and add up to (Mod Points) as Factory Options
* More than one of the same character can be entered, however only a single version per person please. Modify your original or delete it when posting another.

All for bragging rights, possible one-shots, and interesting (if super scary) villains in a random game.

Stahlseele
Spiderman, Banshee, Colossus < = those three alone can be done with cyber . . .
Most anything can be done with Magic and a little Karma/creative application of stuff
Speed Wraith
I better see if I can dig up my friend's Colossus build...I don't know if it is a 'legal' build or no since it was something he did for fun.

COLOSSUS

Race: Troll (40)

Attributes: (220)
B A R S C I L W E
9 3 5(6) 9(13) 1 2 2 5 3

Essence: .26
Initiative: 7(cool.gif
Initiative Passes: 2
Physical Damage Track: 13
Stun Damage Track: 11

Active Skills: (102)
Athletics Group 2
Dodge 4
Heavy Weapons 3
Perception 3
Throwing 2
Unarmed Combat 7
• Blocking +2

Knowledge Skills: [4 Free]
Farming 4

Language Skills:
Russian: N
English: 2

Cyberware:
Dermal Sheath 3
Bone Lacing T
Wired Reflexes 1

Bioware:
Muscle Augmentation (Rating 4)
Bone Density (Rating 4)
Reflex Recorder (Unarmed Combat)
Platelet Factory

Advantages: (20)
Biocompatibility (Cyberware) Aptitude (Unarmred Combat)

Disadvantages: (-35)
Uneducated Incompetent – Pistols
Incompetent – Palming Incompetent – Forgery

Contacts: (3)
Street Doc [3/2]

Resources: (50)
Protective Reflective Eye Covers, Armor Jacket with Fire Resistance (5), Insulation (5), and Nonconductivity (5), Novatech Airware Commlink with Iris Orb Operating System, Glasses with Low-Light Vision, Flare Compensation, Image Link, Vision Magnification, and Vision Enhancement (3).

BTW, he also did (not a superhero) the Predator...heh.
merashin
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Feb 27 2009, 11:06 AM) *
* Must be based on actual Superhero, no made up random characters

does it have to be a superhero, can it be a supervillain, or just something like predator?
InfinityzeN
Speed, that is a fine build though you can sink far more points into it if you want.

And Merashin, supervillains are fine. The predator is a hero/villain in lots of comics (by Darkhorse) and totally fine as well.
Dumori
are the cast of watchmen fair game as all bar DR Manhattan would be fun to build in SR.
Stahlseele
Batman < = easy, just throw money and skill at your problem.
Same for Green Arrow, Hawk-Eye or any other Equipment based guy

For Spiderman use the ultimate mundane Climber Built that's somewhere around these parts of the web . .
Chrysalis
Has anyone created the character Dr Viktor Von Doom for Shadowrun?
Stahlseele
Which Version?
The one from the sucky movies or the one from the sucky comics?
Rayzorblades
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 27 2009, 04:40 PM) *
Which Version?
The one from the sucky movies or the one from the sucky comics?

There are some versions of DD that are cool.
Stahlseele
yeah, some . . and then he got beaten up by squirrel girl . .
Dr Funfrock
Eventually, everyone gets beaten up by Squirrel Girl.

Personally I love the fact that he owes Cable $300, for reasons that have never been explained.
Also, it's canon that he does actually speak in gothic capitals. Cap A actually comments on it at one point, during the Straczynski run on Spiderman.

Victor Von Doom is freaking awesome. The man has the single greatest villain name in history, and entire army of robot doubles whose only purpose is to die spectacularly in his place, incredible arcane power that he only learned to rescue his mother from hell, a medieval castle with automated turret defences, an entire Eastern European nation under his command, and a freaking time machine.

I'm still resisting the urge to just start ending all of my statements with DOOM HAS SPOKEN.
The Jopp
Super hero: Wasp

Mystic Adept Pixie
Spells: Powerbolt (Restricted: Obvious Spell)
Stahlseele
nah, not Wasp, Black Widow.
Wasp had this flying and size change gig going on . .
Chrysalis
How about the Doctor Doom in Secret Wars?

-Chrysalis
Stahlseele
i never got around to reading that one actually
GreyBrother
A challenge appears!
hobgoblin
a quick, no numbers, take on doc doom would be a high initiation mage in a custom mil spec armor...
Naysayer
@GreyBrother

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
T. Reich was pulled to earth through a dimensional portal from a dimension of Nazi dinosaurs.

That may very well be the single most epic statement in any encyclopedia ever.
Dumori
QUOTE (Naysayer @ Feb 28 2009, 02:34 PM) *
@GreyBrother

I cant disagree there.
crash2029
Well, every good superhero alternate universe adventure has to have an Earth-Axis, Earth-Evil, and Earth-Ape. I guess an Earth-Axis Dinosaurs would fit as well.

I am working on Captain Marvel as a posession based conjuror.
Draco18s
QUOTE (Naysayer @ Feb 28 2009, 09:34 AM) *

Thirded.
InfinityzeN
Wolverine is a Surged Ork with 'Human Looking', Body 13, 3 levels 'Tough as Nails' (so a physical damage track of 18), Regeneration from a Spirit Pact, all the damage reducing Bio you can get, Titanium Bone Lacing (best I can do by rules), and some 'Personalized Grip' Spurs. Too bad there is no Dikite in SR4.
Stahlseele
since when are spurs modable? O.o
especially with something like personalized grip . .
SR spurs come in 2 kinds:
a)one big long blade
b)two or three smaller blades

and i ain't really sure, but how does regeneration really work with cyber and bio right now?
has that ever been cleared up? does the body go:"fuck this shit" and kicks out anything not NATURALLY belonging in there?
as for him being an orc?
nah, dwarf is more like it. gives toxin resistance too . . and he IS pretty short . .
InfinityzeN
With a 13 body, does he really need toxin resistance?
Stahlseele
yes, one of the perks of his healing factor. even if he tries, he does not get drunk and he won't ever die of lung cancer . .
and my main gripe with him being an orc is his size ^^
Jay
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 27 2009, 11:30 PM) *
Batman < = easy, just throw money and skill at your problem.
Same for Green Arrow, Hawk-Eye or any other Equipment based guy

For Spiderman use the ultimate mundane Climber Built that's somewhere around these parts of the web . .

I thought Batman would be kind of neat to work on. Well, at least working on his equipment (Armor, batarangs, vehicle, etc).

Some of the qualities that could fit might be:

Born Rich
Restricted Gear
Trust Fund
Big Regret
Day Job
Distinctive Style

I had thought of trying to fit Alfred in as a 'Dependant' but I think for all the things he does a somewhat expensive Contact would fit better.

The Batsuit could be modelled on:

Arsenal P50-51
Light Military Armor

I think the vehicles might be fun, especially if you shoot for more of the gimics than just stuffing as many weapons (and armor) in it as possible.

But you are right, this would definitely be a nuyen.gif intensive build.
hobgoblin
hmm, now that you mention it i kinda suspect the tata hotspur would make for a nice batman begins style batmobile wink.gif
Stahlseele
EVERYTHING
can and has been a batmobile
http://www.batmobilehistory.com/index.html
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (hobgoblin @ Mar 2 2009, 01:21 PM) *
hmm, now that you mention it i kinda suspect the tata hotspur would make for a nice batman begins style batmobile wink.gif
I actually had that thought on first reading about the Hotspur.
CanRay
I can do all the Superheroes and Villians you want with two easy words:

Matrix Icons. nyahnyah.gif

Oh? You want them to do exactly what the Superheroes do? Lots of Programs. Done. wink.gif
Draco18s
Great White Snark? Well, at least it's not a Boojum Snark.
</Lost Plots>

Great picture, I love it.
jimbojmfb
You can easily make 'Scarecrow' themed mages. Plenty of applicable Illusion/Manipulation styled magics smile.gif
Stahlseele
Captain America: either bioed/nanoed/gened up to the gills or an Adept.
Both with a Shield and some light Military Armor, throwing and acrobatics
Starmage21
QUOTE (InfinityzeN @ Mar 2 2009, 11:23 AM) *
Wolverine is a Surged Ork with 'Human Looking', Body 13, 3 levels 'Tough as Nails' (so a physical damage track of 18), Regeneration from a Spirit Pact, all the damage reducing Bio you can get, Titanium Bone Lacing (best I can do by rules), and some 'Personalized Grip' Spurs. Too bad there is no Dikite in SR4.

You forgot cyber spurs
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Starmage21 @ Mar 5 2009, 06:19 PM) *
You forgot cyber spurs

note the "personalized grip" spurs...
Zaranthan
QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Mar 2 2009, 12:03 PM) *
and i ain't really sure, but how does regeneration really work with cyber and bio right now?
has that ever been cleared up? does the body go:"fuck this shit" and kicks out anything not NATURALLY belonging in there?

Any and all ware has to be delta grade, both to match the regeneration (so your arm doesn't grow back) and beat it (the doctor needs a delta clinic to cut you open).
Stahlseele
ah, okay, yeah . .
i imagine the doc getting pretty frustrated, if the cut closes directly behind the blade ^^
Draco18s
Maybe, but the patient would certainly be a good choice for the newest trid show Live Organ Transplant!
<insert video of part 5 of The Meaning of Life: The Game>
(Sorry, could only find the clips of the movie, the game version was funnier)
hobgoblin
QUOTE (Zaranthan @ Mar 5 2009, 07:08 PM) *
Any and all ware has to be delta grade, both to match the regeneration (so your arm doesn't grow back) and beat it (the doctor needs a delta clinic to cut you open).

a delta clinic sounds like the SR equivalent of a weapon x lab wink.gif
InfinityzeN
a Delta Clinic *IS* the SR equivalent of a Weapon X lab.
Stahlseele
more or less, yes
The Jake
QUOTE (Jay @ Mar 2 2009, 06:10 PM) *
I thought Batman would be kind of neat to work on. Well, at least working on his equipment (Armor, batarangs, vehicle, etc).

Some of the qualities that could fit might be:

Born Rich
Restricted Gear
Trust Fund
Big Regret
Day Job
Distinctive Style

I had thought of trying to fit Alfred in as a 'Dependant' but I think for all the things he does a somewhat expensive Contact would fit better.

The Batsuit could be modelled on:

Arsenal P50-51
Light Military Armor

I think the vehicles might be fun, especially if you shoot for more of the gimics than just stuffing as many weapons (and armor) in it as possible.

But you are right, this would definitely be a nuyen.gif intensive build.

Don't forget:
Privileged Name/Family (forget exact label in RC),
Analytical Mind,
Martial Arts at 20BP+ with virtually every maneouver under the sun,
High Pain Tolerance,
Guts,
Perceptive

That's from the top of my head.

Batman in theory is easy... in principle quite hard since you need closer to 75BP in Positive Qualities to start getting there. Not even remotely possible for a starting character.

Do you think he'd be a physadept or cybered-freak? I don't see a Sixth World Batman as a pure mundane without cyber or magic, that's for damn sure.

- J.
Draco18s
High Pain tollerance like, 20. Batman has had the shit beaten out of him and left for dead only to crawl to his car (also got beaten up pretty bad by the same muscly character) and get back home on autodrive.
InfinityzeN
QUOTE (The Jake @ Mar 6 2009, 01:08 AM) *
Privileged Name/Family (forget exact label in RC)

Privileged Family Name. And he doesn't have to be a starting character. Build him with as man points as you want.

------------------

I'm wondering if anyone is going to post some actual stats or not on any of these characters. Who knows, we build some good ones and someone might deside to run a superheros game. If nothing else, they will make some interesting people to go up against.
the_real_elwood
I would think that Batman would be a cybered-up mundane character. The whole point is that he's a self-made superhero, and with the weight of a major defense contractor (Wayne Enterprises) behind him. In Shadowrun equivalent, it would be like having Ares making custom cyberware and other gear just for you.
hobgoblin
both kingdom come and batman beyond have shown bruce wayne go for power suits rather then cybernetic implants...

the bad guys on the other hand...
Rayzorblades
Don't forget though that he did take Venom* in that miniseries. Yes boys and girls Batman took drugs to help him become even more effective at crime fighting. If there had been no evil-purposefully-added-side-effects he'd probably be popping pills to this day. In Batman Beyond he actually had two suits, one was a large IronMan-esque suit that he discarded in favor of the normal BB suit because it put too much strain on his heart (ironically Tony Stark's suit saved his heart...hehe IRONically ah man).

Here's a problem I've always had; Batman is a fanatic, he's loony tunes about fighting crime. He'd take ANY advantage he could get, like the Venom he took. If there was someway he could augment himself without interfering with Bruce Wayne's "face" qualities, or decreasing his intellect, you better believe he's there. He's a guy who's forced himself through the most grueling training the world had to offer just to be the best in a time where there was no overt human enhancement such as 'ware.

*Venom eventually became the chemical the Batman villain Bane regularly uses to be a pumped out roid freak with super strength.
InfinityzeN
I don't think Batman would use Cyber, or if he did it would be minimal and nothing heavily restricted or forbiden. Would make it hard to pull off being Bruce Wayne don't cha know. Now Delta Grade Bioware and Genetic tweaking? Hell yes! Because it is almost impossible to detect and actually far more cost effective in Essence cost. Money wise, it would take a hell of a lot but the man has more money then he can spend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012