Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Something interesting from GTM
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Cardul
OK, well...it is from Game Trade Magazine, so should be taken with a whole salt-shaker of salt...but..

http://www.gametrademagazine.com/public/de...;c=58&s=581

Straight from the article:

To celebrate 20 years of this seminal RPG, Catalyst Game Labs is pleased to announce the 20th Anniversary Edition. A full-color treatment allows for a stunning presentation of all the visuals Shadowrun has to offer. While fully compatible with all Fourth Edition-published products, what has been learned in the publication of the core rules expansion — along with player feedback — has allowed for a re-presentation of much of the information in the book for better usability. Finally, to make this the ultimate core rulebook resource for the entire Shadowrun game line, a Master Index has been generated and included, covering the 20th Anniversary Edition, as well as the following core rules expansions: Street Magic, Augmentation, Arsenal, Unwired, and Runner's Companion.

Interesting bit of news..if it is real.
counterveil
Interesting! I always thought the 4th Ed. layout left something to be desired...where you find specific usage of some skills doesn't line up with others (some found in Skills section, others found in Combat, or etc.). But just when I learned where to find all these things finally...
Dumori
well this was suggested in the 20th anniversary suggestion thread some time ago and all we got was Adam saying some thing about more layout work for him. But lots of people seamed to like the idea. Although no there is another to fight my bank so i can get my money out again.
Cardul
OK, seriously...Tiger Eyes? Synner? Adam? Vairdic? Can we please get confirmation that this is an actual release, not something you talked about, were thinking about, but decided not to do?
Prime Mover
With 10+books, novels,box set and pdf stuff all on the schedule and first quarter quickly evaporating Synner has suggested there are other surprises as well. I'm still not seeing how it all makes it to our sweaty hands in 09. (once again I vote for a quick release of a critters book biggrin.gif .) Certainly looking forward to them trying and this is something that I would add to my WISH list.
BlueMax
QUOTE (counterveil @ Mar 4 2009, 11:54 PM) *
Interesting! I always thought the 4th Ed. layout left something to be desired...where you find specific usage of some skills doesn't line up with others (some found in Skills section, others found in Combat, or etc.). But just when I learned where to find all these things finally...

My only hope is that the layout is "open". The new layout has a "critical mass" feel. I would happily pay more for paper if thats what it required for flow.

Also, the index could be made useless if errata causes page numbers to change.

Still, I am a sucker and will likely buy it.
Dumori
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Mar 5 2009, 07:48 PM) *
Also, the index could be made useless if errata causes page numbers to change.

It would only be of by a page or two at most.
Adarael
I'm game. I want one of these.
Hagga
A book incorporating all of it, and errata?

Oh, oh my. Now I just need to convince our gm to buy it and "misplace" it so I can spend a while drooling over it. I bought the last book, damnit.
Cardul
You know....I find it interesting that we STILL have not had confirmation on this... I mean, we got a confirmation that the GTM was wrong about the novels, and yet we have nothing, nothing, on this book other then the GTM mention of it, which might be completely wrong witht he book having been canceled or significantly changed since they gave the information to GTM. We know the Battletech stuff is accurate, since that has been confirmed on BattleCorps.
Cardul
Wow...still nothing official. I am beginning to think the thing was just another error made by GTM. They do not have a very good track record from my perception...
Demerzel
QUOTE (Cardul @ Mar 5 2009, 12:16 AM) *
OK, well...it is from Game Trade Magazine, so should be taken with a whole salt-shaker of salt...but..

The Classic Battletech side of this is confirmed here:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/in...ic,48438.0.html

I imagine you could take that to equally confirm the Shadowrun side of the story.
Mäx
QUOTE (Demerzel @ Mar 10 2009, 03:07 PM) *
The Classic Battletech side of this is confirmed here:
http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/in...ic,48438.0.html

I imagine you could take that to equally confirm the Shadowrun side of the story.

Not really, the fact that one part of the information hasn't changed, doesn't mean that the other part hasn't changed. wobble.gif
Demerzel
QUOTE (Mäx @ Mar 10 2009, 05:41 AM) *
Not really, the fact that one part of the information hasn't changed, doesn't mean that the other part hasn't changed. wobble.gif

Well, it goes to if it was real, if it hasn't changed is another story. The story is referenced by CGL powers on an official CBT forum (not to mention the official announcement for Battlecorps members only). Now as to possible changes, the statement is only that the plans exist to make it ther'es no release dates mentioned to puch back. So unless you think they'll cancel the product then there's not much to change.
Ayeohx
WOW!!! I'll take three!!! I better tell my gamers to hold off on 4th edition corebook purchases then. So we have no time frames yet?
Eugene
According to GTM, the supposed date is May.
Cardul
QUOTE (Eugene @ Mar 10 2009, 04:14 PM) *
According to GTM, the supposed date is May.

And, according to GTM, "A Bonfire of Worlds" was supposed to be out last month. Shows how much we can trust info from GTM. I operate on the word we have been told in the past: If it is not stated by one of TPTB, it is not official. We know only that the Battletech tech info is official..the Shadowrun stuff, could be..but we have not gotten any confirmation on it. Given GTM's past accuracy on stuff coming out(namely: not very accurate), until I see something by Synner, Tiger Eyes, Adam, or Vairdic on here or something on the main SR4 page, I am not trusting GTM.
Demerzel
Well, the announcement on Battlecorps Vairdic quoted that article. If any part of the article were suspect I'd imagine he wouldn't be on CBT.com hinting people in the direction of googling up the article.

The article I'm sure came out of a interview or release from CGL to GTM., it says nothing about May. That's the end of where my trust in it goes. There's not been any announcement of dates.
Demerzel
An interesting twitter:

QUOTE (CGL Twitter Page)
"Chance of totally amazing SR news soon?" Street Magic 8-ball says "Hell yes!"

Link to the CGL twitter here: http://twitter.com/catalystgamelab
Roy Fokker
great, so now i'm waiting for the new GM screen and half my players will be waiting for the new core book. catalyst, you'd better start posting some release dates if you want our $$! really, we'd like to trade you our $$ for product!
Synner
At this point all you're getting from me is: careful what you wish for...
Prime Mover
Tease.....

Edit: While were making wishes....*blows out candles*...wishes for a critters book. nyahnyah.gif
BlueMax
QUOTE (Prime Mover @ Mar 11 2009, 10:10 AM) *
Tease.....

Edit: While were making wishes....*blows out candles*...wishes for a critters book. nyahnyah.gif

Ditto!

Even its a 200 page $75 monster with lots of color pictures and a flowing layout.
kanislatrans
QUOTE (BlueMax @ Mar 11 2009, 01:07 PM) *
Ditto!

Even its a 200 page $75 monster with lots of color pictures and a flowing layout.

Ditto!Ditto!

Just tell me where to send the money and I'm there! grinbig.gif
Synner
Well... since you all asked nicely: HERE IT IS.

(And for those who have been wondering, Adam has provided some insight into the contents of the Runner's Toolkit)
Catsnightmare
Nevermind, I'm just in a nasty mood today. I've had too many 4th editions shoved in my face all week.
Cardul
Yay..finally! And..wow..what a page...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012